Collection of Correspondence

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Eridanus on May 1st, 2013, 1:17 am

All letters to be recorded here.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Eridanus on May 1st, 2013, 1:18 am

To: Rayage // Rayage's Office, University of Zeltiva
From: Eridanus // Order of Transcendence Temporary Headquarters, Alvadas
Sent Date: Day 90, Spring of 512 AV
Received Date: Day 29, Summer of 512 AV

Greetings and Salutations Rayage,

Our dreams, visions and ambitions have come to pass. The Future is now within grasp, and I offer you partnership in the creation of this new legacy.

The Order of Transcendence formally extends an invitation of membership to Rayage.

Best Regards,
Eridanus

To: Eridanus // Order of Transcendence
Sent Date: Summer 30, 512 AV
Received Date: Summer 60, 512 AV
Reply From: Letter 1

Eridanus,

Its most fortunate to hear that of which we spoke of is finally coming to fruition. I must say, it took longer than expected, and this letter came to me as a surprise. Most letters I get these days are from Evalin, a mage who I keep in close correspondence with. Perhaps we might have yet another member?

Without further to do I accept the invitation whole heartedly (or as heartedly as a nuit may) to join your Order in seek of the truth though the means of Alchemy.

May change always grace your present, and you be transformed into something more.

Rayage

To: Eridanus // Nirvana, Kabrin Road, The Wildlands
Sent Date: 45th Winter, 512 AV
Received Date: 55th Winter, 512 AV

Dear Eridanus,

Matters did not turn out as I anticipated. I believe that it would be safer and more reasonable for me to aid the cause of the Knights. I am afraid of what might happen if I attempt to go against them—the consequences might even befall your guild, and that is not something I would want. At this point, I think it would simply be a better idea to comply. It would not be worth risking so much just because of my own selfishness.

All this has upset me greatly, especially since I have thought for a very long time now that fate wanted me to aide you. Not just in this lifetime, just as we both saw. It was not just fate and duty for me, it felt right to be by your side. I do not understand why this is happened, but I suppose I may have read the signs incorrectly.

As difficult as it is to write this, I believe this is the last time you will be hearing from me for a long time, if not forever. It is important that I focus all my attention to Syliras, and I would not want them to otherwise think that I have doubts about this decision.

With love,
Nira’lia

NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Castor Riley on May 1st, 2013, 9:57 am

To: Syreus Ehm Sol // Nirvana, Kabrin Road, The Wildlands
From: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, Zeltiva University
Sent Date: Day 6, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 13, Spring of 513 AV

Mr Sol,

I have arrived in Zeltiva! As promised, I considered your offer on the way here, and have decided that, indeed, I would be interested in such an arrangement, as discussed. Please mail me the details for the first assignment you would like me to work on.

Sincerely,
Castor Riley
Always open for a thread! Feel free to PM me!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Words: 127927
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eridanus on May 1st, 2013, 5:53 pm

To: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, University of Zeltiva, Zeltiva
From: Syreus Ehm Sol // Nirvana, Kabrin Road, The Wildlands
Sent Date: Day 14, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 21, Spring of 513 AV
Reply From: Letter 1

Greetings Mr. Riley,

In which case consider yourself employed according to our terms of discussion with immediate effect. Compensation shall be based on a per deliverable basis, the amount of which depending on the complexity and difficulty of deliverable.

However, to satisfy my assurance as to the quality of your work I must insist on a probationary deliverable.

The subject matter will be on the foundations and basics of Auristics. Off the top of my head, I suggest the following resources to aid you in your endeavor:

1) Introduction to Auristics by University of Zeltiva Press
2) Auristics and Djed by Wynne Leocole
3) Warning of Overgiving by Scholar's Asylum Office
4) "The Lyceum Experience" by Eridanus, East Wing Student Newsletter (505 ed.) by University of Zeltiva Press
5) First Glances into New Sights and Sounds by Jolen Firguse

I will assess your suitability for future employment based on the quality of this deliverable.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on May 8th, 2013, 8:53 am

To: Hadyn Skellig // Apartment 115, Maiden District, Syliras
Sent Date: Day 8, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 16, Summer of 513 AV
Response From: Network Registry

Greetings Miss Skellig,

Thank you for indicating your interest. I wish to inquire upon your grasp of equipment smithing vocabulary.

1) Are you able to craft everything in the catalog of Sultros Blades?
2) Can you craft other things not mentioned in the catalog and/or customized, specific equipment?
3) What kind of materials (iron, steel, cold steel, etc.) are you able to do so?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol

To: Ehati // Apartment 303, Stormhold Castle, Syliras
Sent Date: Day 8, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 16, Summer of 513 AV

Greetings Sera Ehati,

Thank you for indicating your interest.

I am concerned, however, of your affiliation with the Knights. Would they not allow secondary or freelance employment outside of your knightly duties for fear of it distracting you from your primary job?

If not, I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I may make a visit to Syliras some time soon, and I look forward to grabbing a drink or two if you're free then.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol

To: Fubuki Kouri // Designated Tree, Bronze Woods, Syliras
Sent Date: Day 45, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 52, Summer of 513 AV

Greetings Miss Fubuki,

I must profess that I am indeed surprised that a ghost would send a reply to my announcements, knowing the purposes and mysteries of your kind usually run contrary to these sorts of things. May I venture to ask though, why would you submit an application considering your state?

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol
Last edited by Eridanus on May 8th, 2013, 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 8th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Fubuki Kouri

From: Fubuki Kouri // Designated Tree, Bronze Woods, Syliras
Sent Date: 55th of Summer, 513 AV
Received Date: 63rd of Summer, 513 AV

Salutations Sir Syreus,
OOCJust a heads up, Eri. A major plot point happened to Kouri at the 85th and 90th of Spring, 513 AV that marked a major change in Kouri's personality, she's now much more mature and calm. :) She also has a ghost little girl named Rena as her little sister.

It seemed that my letter took a while to reach you, Sir. To answer your question would be a rather long story, but to save your precious time, I will write you the short version of... my tale.

A season ago, I met a person... a person who gave me a whole new purpose in my... current state. He was my master, my mentor, and my father figure. I loved him... I truly loved him within the depths of my heart. We had so much happy and exciting memories, we even defeated the Pirate Captain Braten together.

I wanted to be stronger, I wanted to help him in some way for all he's done for me. When I heard about you and your company... I was interested. So that's why I wrote to you that letter, I figured by doing favors for you... I could gain experience and extra mizas at the same time.

But then one day... he left, he disappeared... without even saying good-bye, no farewell hugs, no notes left, not even the knights know where he had gone. I was hurt... I was crushed, I couldn't accept it and went insane, if it not for two very precious friends of mine, I would not be here to write you this letter. I have severed all connections with him now... even if he comes back, I would not regard that man as my master anymore. In the cold dark nights I spent alone in the Woods, I have learned that it was foolish to completely depend your life to a single person.

But fret not, Sir. I now have a new purpose you see... I have a little sister named Rena. She's... a ghost like me, but she was younger than me when she died. She looked up to me as her older sister. I want this girl to not suffer the same fate as I am... I will be as strong as I'm able and support her with the best educations and the loving family that was so cruelly wrenched from her. I don't care if we're both ghosts, we're alive and sentient and that's all there is to it.

So in short, yes, my request still stands, I will help the your company in exchange for rewards. Mizas are always welcome, but if you could provide Rena with a place to stay and educations, I would accept that as well.

Regards,
Fubuki Kouri

=========================
Hello, Sir Ehm! Can I call you Sir Ehm? Rena here! Sister said that I should say hi to you! So... hi! I want to see you! Do you look cool? Can you shoot fire from your eyes?

Bye bye!
Fubuki Rena
========================

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on May 9th, 2013, 3:41 am

Salutations, Ser Sol,

I am pleased to receive your correspondence. In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, I am capable of crafting Sultros Blades' index of weaponry.
2. It is not typical for orders come through that are not listed in the inventory, though it has occurred. Should the occasion arise that a weapon is not listed, it is entirely conceivable that I could craft it, though some consideration is required to the type, manner and substance used. All items are customizable.
3. Materials include steel, iron, cold iron, gold, silver, copper, glass and flint. Bone, ivory and precious stones upon request are used for inlays on hilts and the like. Weapons for the employment of practice are readily made with wood and a metal core, as per the customer's preference.

I hope these answers satisfy your intentions. Please do not hesitate to follow up with further questions.

Sincerely,

Hadyn Skellig
Sultros Blades
Spring 513
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ehati on May 9th, 2013, 10:32 pm

From: Sera Ehati of the Syliran Knights // Apartment 303, Stormhold Castle, Syliras
Sent Date: 20th of Spring 513 AV
Received Date: 27th of Spring 513 AV

Hail Mr Sol

I am afraid I didn't make myself clear when I stated my intentions, and for that you have my sincere and utter apologies. You are right, of course, that the Knighthood would not smile upon my involvement as a freelance worker or otherwise as en employee of another, but when I did register I had intended to state my intentions as something of a liaison, if it suits your organisation.

My dealings outside of the Order remain my own, for now, and my practice of falconry outside of the Knighthood presents me with the opportunity to pass messages for you with trained birds. Otherwise, my good standing in the city may be of some benefit to you. That is, if you see fit to use me to your benefit at all.

My sincerest regards,
Sera Ehati of the Syliran Knights, 3rd Wing, Orange Company, 1st Regiment, Silver Quadron
Sera Ehati, 3rd Wing, Orange Company, 1st Regiment, Silver Quadron.
Ehati
Knighted by the Basilisk.

Words: 40220
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2013, 6:57 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Castor Riley on May 10th, 2013, 5:27 pm

From: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, Zeltiva University
Sent Date: Day 36, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 43, Spring of 513 AV
Attachment: The Basics and Foundations of Auristics
Reply From: Letter 2

Dear Mr Sol,

I hope this letter finds you well. I have completed the deliverable you requested and you should find it attached along with this letter. Please ensure that it meets your standards of quality and respond to me if you would desire a continuation of our current arrangement.

Yours Sincerely,
Castor Riley
Always open for a thread! Feel free to PM me!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Words: 127927
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eridanus on May 10th, 2013, 6:22 pm

To: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, Zeltiva University
Sent Date: Day 48, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 56, Spring of 513 AV
Attachment: A small, nondescript leather pouch containing 60gm.
Reply From: Letter 3

Greetings Mister Riley,

I have perused your attached work, and I must commend you on your wonderful work. While it is evident to me that you do not possess the ability to wield Auristics, based on my personal experience with the discipline, your systematic and thorough coverage of the topics involved in basic Auristics is very well-researched and of course, sufficient for the objective of this book. Therefore you can consider yourself to have passed the probation with excellent merit. You will find attached the standard pay for a deliverable of this level, including a once-off bonus for the aforementioned "passing with excellent merit". Consider it your "registration award", if you will.

Now, let us discuss your further terms of employment in detail.

Firstly, I will list out a series of available magical disciplines that can be found in the Wright Memorial Library. Personal magics are Auristics, Familiary, Flux, Hypnotism, Leeching, Morphing, Projection, Reimancy, Shielding, Voiding. World magics are Alchemy, Animation, Glyphing, Magecraft, Malediction, Spiritism, Summoning. Do take note of the difference in categorization; Personal vs World.

Secondly, it is likely that in terms of availability of knowledge in the library, the complexity of magic-related information range from basic to intermediate. With some effort we could perhaps uncover the advanced texts, but it is likely to only exist for world magics due to the much more prominent academic fixation upon this branch of magic.

As such, I will require books that cover each magic in basic, intermediate and advanced (if applicable) levels. Of course, if you could somehow obtain or create books that are above the levels I specified, it will be accepted gratefully as well. As a rough guideline, the book that you have sent me can be categorized as "Basic Auristics".

Therefore, based on the above information I have given you, you are allowed to choose your preferred field and level, though I require that you go up the difficulty systematically. Let me also warn you that world magics would require proficiency in drawing as well as the diagrams, shapes and symbols within are of the utmost importance. I would recommend picking from the personal magic pool and completing the series of basics at the very least as a starter. Let me know as to your choice, and I will try my best to offer a series of references. Do be warned that I am more knowledgeable in certain fields than others, so you will have an easier or harder time depending on the quality of references that I provided. In such cases you must exercise your judgement and do thorough research; do not be shy about interviewing other East Wing students or to sit in or consult a relevant professor if needed.

Finally, I am sure that you are interested in your basis for compensation. Below is a list:
Basic: 40gm
Intermediate: 60gm
Advanced: 90gm
Doctorate: 130gm
Auxiliary: 80gm

For your future reference, we will not cover Auxiliary yet, but I included it here for your convenience. When the time comes I will instruct you further in its details.

In other words, do reply with a confirmation of your acceptance for our future co-operation, along with a confirmation as to the compensation within (40gm as per standard deliverable rates + 20gm one-time bonus), as well as with your next choice of project and I will furnish you with the necessary information as much as I can.

PS: Send back the leather pouch after you have retrieved its contents.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next