[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on January 23rd, 2012, 1:21 pm

Main Quest
1) Recover memories of past life
2) Figure out reason for being chosen by Leth
3) Meet Leth
4) Return to Ukalas
(Optional) Repair tear in Ukalas to prevent further ethaefal creation

Mortal Ideals
Progress towards a utopia
How to achieve: Empowerment through knowledge and equal opportunity
Step A: Gather more knowledge

K's Template :
Caelum wrote:
Disclaimer: Reposting first and second examples with a brand new third example at the bottom. Scroll down if you want the freshest. (So fresh and so clean, clean.)

How To Give An ST A Moderation Request Reach Around

Example the First: You want a gnosis thread!

The Wrong Way
Hi! Jane needs a gnosis mark from Ivak. Will you mod the thread for me?

The Right Way
Hi! Jane needs a gnosis mark from Ivak. Do you have time to mod the thread for me?

I am leaning toward making her a Zaital due to x, y and z reason, but I understand that is ultimately the mod’s call which Azenth family she fits best.

Below I have included links to applicable threads which demonstrate why Jane would attract Ivak’s attention. The summary is that Jane has done x, y and z.

Jane’s character goals are liberating the rats in Ravok and, of course, Ivak Himself.

(If applicable -) This will be Jane’s second gnosis mark from Ivak. Here is a link to her first Ivak gnosis thread as moderated by ST Awesome. It has been over a year since that thread was begun and you may peruse the attached links for the required ten in the interim proving she has been a faithful and active Azenth.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Jane’s Player.

In Conclusion
You need to take as much time and effort in your mod request as you expect the mod to take in it.

- - -

ST Reach Around: II

Example the Second: you want a training thread!

The Wrong Way

Hi! Bill needs training in long sword. Can you help me out?

The Right Way

Hi!

Bill needs training in long sword and as he is already at Competent level with 42 XPs, an Expert or higher in Long Sword is required to teach him. I am aware that we are not allowed to write NPCs with an Expert or higher in any skill without ST permission.

May I self moderate the NPC John Doe at Awesome Armory for training purposes in a thread?
OR
Do you have time to moderate an NPC long sword expert for me?

Thank you!
Bill’s Player.

In Conclusion

We do not have an abundance of STs and, as such, those we do have are often overloaded with modded threads. There are things that require a modded thread, but of those that do not require a modded thread are:

• training threads
  • job threads

Training Threads – An NPC must have a higher skill level than your PC in order to teach them. However, most STs do not require you to gain permission to self mod your own training thread unless the NPC is an expert or higher in a skill or the NPC you wish to use is city-owned instead of made up out of your head. In those circumstances, you have options other than asking your local ST to mod. They are:

• Gain permission to self mod
  • Ask a friend to apply to the HD for permission to guest mod for you

Job Threads – It is not required to have a job thread in order to obtain employment. There are, of course, exceptions to this rule from city to city and job to job; however, ask your DS if you need a modded thread to gain employment. A lot of the time you don’t.

Yes, I’m stressing minimizing the number of modded threads you request from STs. This is because there are plenty ST modded threads which are required and necessary and not enough STs to go around. Of course, it’s flattering that you want to write a thread with an ST because so many of them are awesome; but don’t make the ST feel bad when, because they have a zillion modded threads going already, others to grade, plots to build, development to develop, they have to put you off or turn you down.

- - -

ST Reach Around: III

Example the Third: You want to go on an adventure!

The Wrong Way

Hi! I’m bored and Lola needs something exciting to do. Will you mod a quest for me?

The Right Way

Hi!

I’ve been struggling with getting Lola’s primary character plot off the ground/furthered. Her ultimate goal is to become the Pressorah of Ahnatep which leads to her secondary goals – presently the acquirement of what I would love to be some snazzy political secret buried in the catacombs beneath Dira’s temple.

I need help figuring out the details what she can potentially learn that will, hopefully, result in her having leverage to blackmail Sinister Dude.

Do you have time to help me figure out the best way to go about this? Your ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
Lola’s Player.

In Conclusion

STs do not, for the most part, have time to do a modded thread for you just because you’re lacking in entertainment. That’s what PCs are for. Frankly, it’s kinda rude to ask an ST to mod a thread for you because you’re bored rather than asking them if they have a PC they might want to thread with. Us STs, we love our PCs, but they are often sorely neglected.

On the other hand, if you have a character goal and/or plot idea (the first translates into the second, remember, class?) and part of it requires moderation due to whatever rules (NPCs, acquired goodies, etc) and/or you need some help solidifying it and require a soundboarder, yes. Absolutely. Talk to an ST. I am happy to help with such things. Just remember that in order for an ST to help you make something awesome, you first have to give that ST something to work with.
Last edited by Eridanus on April 26th, 2012, 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on February 13th, 2012, 7:44 am

General timeline (subject to change) that fills in the blanks (to be expanded on)

Growing up in Sahova
Departure from Sahova
Enslavement by Zith
Escape/Rebellion
Mercenary Jobs
Captured by and joined The Organization
Jobs for The Organization
Redemption/Salvation
Recovery in Mura
Last edited by Eridanus on October 6th, 2012, 7:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on February 13th, 2012, 7:45 am

Last edited by Eridanus on February 13th, 2012, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on February 13th, 2012, 7:46 am

Priskil Gnosis Backstory
-1 Prequel http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic14927.html
0) Preparation http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic17719.html
1) Captured http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post143090.html
2) Torture and Oath http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18651.html
3) Intro to Org
(Optional 1: Bone Dice)
(Optional 2: Highwayman)
(Optional x: various jobs)
4) Infiltration
5) Redemption

Proof of devotion/mentions of Priskil:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post140216.html#p140216
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic16518.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15045.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post120106.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18024.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic17640.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15317.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post117869.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15468.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post144034.html#p144034
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post144514.html#p144514
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post144917.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post154128.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic19810.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic23942.html
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic27231.html

Wysar :

Last edited by Eridanus on November 12th, 2012, 4:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on February 13th, 2012, 7:46 am

Item Quality/Rarity Color-coded

Item Quality Prefixes

Primary Crafting Skill
Not just the skill level of the crafter, but also the level of the crafter's efforts.
Ordinary: Novice (1-25)
Fine: Competent (26-50)
Superior: Expert (51-75)
Magnificent: Master (76-99)
Masterwork: Max (100)

Enchantment Levels

Tier 0
No magic enchantments whatsoever.
Tier 1
MC1-2, at least 1 Minor Enchantment
Tier 2
MC3-4, at least 1 Moderate Enchantment
Tier 3
MC5-7, at least 1 Greater Enchantment
Tier 4
MC8-11, at least 1 Major Enchantment
Tier 5
MC12-16, at least 1 Superior Enchantment
Tier 6
MC17-24, at least 1 Legendary Enchantment
Tier 7
MC25+
Last edited by Eridanus on October 25th, 2012, 2:09 am, edited 29 times in total.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on February 22nd, 2012, 2:13 pm

Zeltiva University Plan

Spring Summer Fall Winter
505 RH:SE RH:IE RH:BE RH:ME
506 RH:S/I-3 RH:B/M-3 IS/3 KP/3
507 RS/3 Break Break

RH - Resonant Harmonics
IS - Impact Smithing
KP - Kinetic Polarity
RS: Ritualized Scripture

RH:SE - War Drum
RH:IE - Fiddle
RH:BE - Flute
RH:ME - Harp

Reimancy Spells :
Name Element Incantation Effect
Warmth Arc Fire Feast your eyes on directed anger Ball of pure fire. Can be thrown directly or in a projectile motion.
Comet Burst Fire Feast your eyes on unleashed hatred A smaller ball of fire, mostly containing untransmuted res. Upon impact all the res simultaneously transmutes, exploding in a relatively large sphere of fire.

Flux Incantations :
Flux Incantation I
Fifth, seventh, twenty-eighth nodes. Blossom at my command, flow against the natural order.
A star shines in the heavens, mocking as it gazes. Like rays of Syna, distributing hope into the hearts of the needy.
The fortress awaits. The enforcer, steel of Isur. The wife, valiant support. The prince, noble determination.
Only perfection allowed, a tranquil scene from choppy waves, broadening the coast.
A path behind the woods, you may retreat mournfully.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on October 6th, 2012, 7:14 am

Literature

Godek, GGregory., Mentrim, JJack., ... . (385). Role of Intentions in Personal Magic. Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva Press.
Godek, GGregory., Mentrim, JJack., ... . (387). Role of Intentions in World Magic. Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva Press.
Secret :
I have conducted several experiments, and though they have not verified my previous claim substantially, I would direct the reader towards Lines 45 to 55 in my Appendix C, where I have highlighted the related words. It is evident that it suggests a certain pattern - by which I have explained in my previous work (Godek et al., 385) - that mean that it is quite possible that World Magic is as similarly affected.

Therefore I draw the reader's attention to Appendix D, where the results of my lab experiments are attached. Unfortunately, it seems that my hypothesis is debunked, and not all world magic is affected as such. My experiments, along with results from my colleagues (Jerkiaz & Sadris, 245) show that this is a case via Proof by Contradiction. However, all is not lost, and I will instead revise my thesis to search for disciplines that are affected as mentioned.

Cudhel, NNolan. (415). Limitations of Magnetism in Magecraft. Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva Press.
Secret :
A possible limitation that might stunt the potential growth and evolution of the aforementioned Paradigm would be the utter exclusion of user and tool. In other words, by completely delegating the manipulation of internal djed pathways to non-sentient tools and objects, the wizard's own intent and emotions are left out of the creation process. Though it has been proven that personal intent is crucial in personal magic (Godek et al., 385), as well as certain world magic (such as Animation, Alchemy or Spiritism) that involves the use of the wizard's blood and thus intent (Godek et al., 387), it is uncertain if this hypothesis applies to magecraft as well. This uncertainty in research prevents me from suggesting this exclusion and personal delegation as a limitation, and instead I suggest it as a possible, further research.

Mentrim, JJack. (). Possible Role of Intentions in Enchanting. Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva Press.
Secret :
It had been claimed multiple times that intentions were crucial to all djed operations (Forsley, 300; Dreluse, 373; Adjermann, 446), but insofar there was no concrete evidence that it holds true for all djed operations. Certainly, Godek's team (385) proved this idea for all known disciplines of personal magic post-Valterrian, but not for all known world magic (387). I emphasize that the "unknown bracket" mentioned by Godek includes magecraft. This paper aims precisely to disprove the unsupported claims from above, and also to further Godek's inquisition into the role of intentions in magecraft.

In the following paragraphs, I will, through evidence from my preliminary research (please refer to Appendix where lab results are attached) show the difference intentions can play in various Paradigms that possess "varying emotional exclusion" rates (Joclaud, 380) in terms of magecrafted results, ceteris paribus.

Treongi, JJean-Luc. (180). Magic Lethality in Resonant Harmonics. Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva Press.

Yulid, FFeaso. (125). Specifications of Structural Enhancement Protocols in Resonant Harmonics. Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva Press.
Secret :
And at the middle of the drum, there is a ria-vuin on the mink'hail of the resounding chamber. There is a very precise reason for doing so, it is to activate the primal element of fear. Through any audio-receptors of any container of djed, this instinct is awakened from this placement, and thus it would support the purpose of this drum.

The ria-vuin is a specific glyph that amplifies intent. It is a simple but wide-ranging glyph that could be applied to almost anything if sufficient customization is provided. By rewriting the ria-vuin as the main-piece of the mink'hail array of glyphs, the resounding chamber provides the physical possibility of amplification, while the mink'hail solidifies the purpose. And thus the ria-vuin is able to act on its amplification - to amplify the intent of the mink'hail.

James, H. (). Djed Integrity and Stability of Freshly Magecrafted Objects. Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva Press.
Last edited by Eridanus on October 20th, 2012, 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[PC Plotnotes] Eridanus

Postby Eridanus on October 20th, 2012, 9:50 am

The NaNo Control Center

NaNo Skill Plan
Primary Magic: Magecraft
Crafting Arcana: Alchemy, Animation, Glyphing
Crafting: Gadgeteering, Blacksmithing, Metalsmithing
Crafting Offence: Weaponry, Weaponsmithing, Fletching
Crafting Defence: Armorer, Sewing
Support Craft: Herbalism, Poison, Philtering

NaNo Schedule/Plans Tracker

Magecraft
uni of z
# Title Time Focus
1 Smart Knife 505-2 RH:IE
2 Agile Stick 505-3 RH:BE
3 Flame Bow 505-4 RH:ME

Malediction

Philtering
uni of z
# Title Time
1 true science over hocus pocus. 470-1
2 foundation of mundane alchemy. 470-1
3a with haunting eyes and approach. 470-1
3b with haunting resolve and approach. 470-1
4 from one all stems. 470-2
5 knowing the essence of flora. 470-2
6 unknowingly a household magician. 470-2
7 ??? 470-3
8 minerals, architecture and art. 470-3
9 to save a life. 470-3
10 calling forth the souls of metals. 470-4

Secret :
Corrosionem (acid)
Spirits of Niter (Nitric Acid) - strong
Spirits of Salt (Hydrochloric Acid) - strong
Oil of Vitriol (sulphuric Acid) - strong
Royal Water (Nitro-hydrochloric Acid) - strong
Wood Liquor (Acetic Acid) - weak
Essence of Fruit (Citric Acid) - weak
Acid of the Air (Carbonic Acid) - weak
Rustbane (Phosphoric Acid) - weak
Cream of Tartar (potassium bitartrate) - weak

Kaustos (base/alkaline)
Lye (Sodium Hydroxide)
Ash of Qali (Potassium Hydroxide)
Slaked Lime (Calcium Hydroxide)
Milk of Magnesia (Magnesium Hydroxide)
Spirits of Copper (Copper (II) Hydroxide)

Poison
mura
# Title Time
1 fight fire with fire. 473-1
2 know thyself, know thy enemy. 473-2
3 drawing from the earth. 473-3
4 an exciting beach vacation 473-4
5 along with its buddy. 474-1
6 climbed up the water spout. 474-2
7 creepy crawly. 474-3
8 just a typical sting. 474-4
9 on a plane. 475-1
10 gout de terrior. 475-2
11 another kind of predator. 475-3
12 ring around the roses. 475-4
13 from the cave and below. 476-1
14 beyond the grave 476-2
15 worming its way in. 476-3
16 more than just honey. 476-4
17 myy precioussss. 477-1
18 lotus flower bomb. 477-2

# Title Time
A dont underestimate the green mass. -
B either way it's dangerous. -

Secret :
Roots
1 2 3 4
Roots Arboreal Hymenoptera Mineral
Aquatic Bestial Lotus
Vine Fungus
Araneida Ooze
Chilopoda Undead
Scorpionida Lumbricida
Serpente

1 2 3 4
Aquatic Scorpionida
Chilopoda Lumbricida
Vine Hymenoptera
Serpente Serpente
Araneida
Roots

Moss
Non-Ferrous Metal

Others

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes