[Note by Kraken] Thom Stornwell

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Thom Stornwell

Postby Thom Stornwell on August 12th, 2012, 8:21 am

Thom Stornwell

Race: Human
Birth Date: 30th day of Winter, 492 AV
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Weight: 170 lbs

Physical Appearance

Thom Stornwell is a fairly muscular young man, his muscles earned by long hours spent working his fathers forge. He is roughly average height with messy brown hair down to his shoulders. Sharp grey eyes dominate his features and his face is tough despite his young age. His mouth is small and almost pretty, and when he grins his eyes seem to sparkle also.

Character Concept

Thom one day hopes to be a master blacksmith, exceeding even the abilities of his father and accomplishing a greater understanding of the trade. He aims to one day own and manage his own smithy. He decided to move to the city in an attempt to accomplish his dream. He also enjoys fishing and cooking, but is always open to learning new skills. He is a friendly man, despite his sometimes rough appearance, and will more often than not go out of his way to help others. He can be quick to anger however and has a short fuse when angered, often snapping at people. He prefers to spend much of his time alone, or working the forge as this is where he feels most at home.

Character History

Thom has spent his entire life living in a small village within the Sylira region, with his parents and two younger sisters - Mari and Marta. From a young age he developed a strong relationship with his father due to his being the only son. He would often go fishing with his father, although he never really got the hang of it all that well. It was enjoyable all the same. His mother was responsible for looking after
all the children whilst Thoms father was working in his forge, although as a child Thom would often spend a good deal of time just watching his father as he worked, intrigued at how it was all done.

Thom was first allowed to pick up a hammer and start helping his father with simple tasks, such as working the bellows or quenching the metal at the age of fourteen. He discovered a love for smithing over the years and it is his ultimate passion in life.

During the Djed Storms of Spring 512, Thoms father and youngest sister were killed and the village which he called home was left utterly devastated. Staying just long enough to help with the rebuilding, Thom decided to leave and start a new life, unable to live with the memories which he associated with that place. Determined to do his father proud as a blacksmith, he set off to Syliras in search of fame and fortune.
Skills & Lore
Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Bartering 10SB 10 Novice
Blacksmithing 15SB, 15RB 30 Competent
Boxing 10SB 10 Novice
Cooking 10SB 10 Novice
Fishing 5SB 5 Novice

Lore Description Obtained
Lore of Smithing with Iron Thom has developed a good deal of knowledge when smithing with Iron and making Iron products. Starting Package
Lore of fish found within the Sylira region Thom has a good deal of knowledge concerning various fish found within Sylira Starting Package

Belongings, Items, Languages & Money
Ledger
Addition Purchase Total
+600 GM Starting Package & No Housing 600 GM
-5 GM & 1 SM Accomodation until the end of Summer 512 AV 594 GM & 9 SM
-1 GM & 1 SM Drinks and tip at the Rearing Stallion 593 GM & 8 SM

Languages
Language Proficiency
Common Fluent
Basic
Poor

Items
Item Description Obtained
A set of clothes A simple set of clothes including a cloak and boots Starting Package
A waterskin A leather satchel used for carrying water Starting Package
A backpack A small leather backpack designed to carry a number of small objects Starting Package
A set of toiletries The best a man can get.. Starting Package
A flint and steel Used for creating fires and sharpening tools Starting Package
Food Enough food for 1 week Starting Package

Thread List
Date Title
40th day of Summer, 512 AV Syliras Location - The Main Gates
40th Day of Summer, 512 AV Syliras Location - Travelers Row
47th Day of Summer, 512 AV Rearing Stallion - A Quiet Drink

Out of Character Notes
Secret :
Whenever I post I will use the same format throughout all of my posts.

Thoughts - Text in red will always be character thoughts, or what Thom is thinking. As this is one thing I love to include within a lot of my writing, expect to see this quite a lot.
Speech - Bold writing within my in character posts will most often be speech.
Thom Stornwell
Player

Words: 5903
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2012, 11:05 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Thom Stornwell

Postby Kraken on September 21st, 2012, 2:43 am

Hi there!

I'm Kraken, your friendly neighbourhood Character Sheet Liaison! I'm here to help make your experience on Mizahar go as smoothly as possible. Now, there are just a few quick points we need to sort out in order for your character to move forward. If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask!

Great CS, Thom! Everything looks really good. I've just got one note about your history.

• History: You've stated that Thom lived in a village outside of Syliras. There aren't really any small villages outside of the bigger cities in Mizahar, because of the danger that entails. It would be wonderful if you could adjust your history so that Thom grew up in one of Mizahar's cities. If you're set on this history, however, you're also welcome to apply for special permission for Thom's village via the Help Desk.
And that's it! Once you address these notes and make the proper changes, please send me a private message and I'll gladly remove this post.

Thanks, and happy writing!

Kraken
| Starting Guide | CS Checklist | FAQ | Character Corner | CS Forum |

Important Reminder!
Character Sheets do not require approval for you to begin playing! Once you've made your CS, you can go ahead and RP. "Verified" simply means that your CS has been looked at and there are no errors. Only if an intervention is placed on your CS must you stop RP to address the note.
Kraken
CS Liaison

Words: 162496
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2012, 3:25 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)