A time to drink (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A time to drink (open)

Postby John Vicari on May 8th, 2010, 7:05 pm

John let a small group of people leave before sliding in the tavern, he was on break more or less even if his boss kinda kicked him out for awhile due to he was in the shop too much of the time. However he enjoyed the work so he did not mind that.

His eyes scanned the area, it was full of people like normal but most or some would know him somewhat from the shop of Undeniable Interests. He made his way towards a empty like area after getting a small drink as his eyes saw a female Myrian and a male Dhani yet paid that not much mind.

For right now he had no weapons on him but his weapon laid in the powers of the mind and magic. Yet no one knew that in this area only his family and even they did not talk of it about anyone. The small cup of ale laid in his hands as he just looked at it wondering what to do for he had time on his hands.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

A time to drink (open)

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on May 9th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Kamrynn pushed open the door to the tavern with a great deal of enthusiasm. It swung open wide and clapped a nearby waitress on the bottom. She hopped in surprise, then turned to the offender spitting fire.

Kamrynn appologized sheepishly, bowed a few times and slunk away with his shoulders hung. Dang. She was cute, too! Kamrynn lamented, but a quick scan of the bar raised his spirits.

There were plenty of people, and more than a few pretty looking girls. His eyes widened as they passed over the tan Myrian in the corner. Unfortunately, she seemed to be taken -there was a brooding looking man sitting next to her and they were conversing in low tones. It was probably for the best, a girl like that was probably trouble, and it was better if she didn't catch him oggling her.

Kamrynn made a B line for an empty seat at the bar next to John Vicari, who was busy staring into his drink. The man's face was familiar, but Kamrynn couldn't place it. Shrugging, the knight ordered a beer and by the time his drink arrived, he knew where he had seen the man.

"Hey," Kamrynn interrupted the man from his thoughts. "Nice choice in ale, the Syliran Porter is amazing, isn't it? Although, I'm partial to the lagers." Kamrynn stuck out his hand. "I'm Kamrynn Sleightyr, Syliran knight."
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

A time to drink (open)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on May 10th, 2010, 1:49 am

"I don't doubt it. No offence, but your race is famous for it." He said, smiling.

He sighed. "Unfortunately, there's not much demand for the heavier stuff. But thievery, you can do anywhere." He said. "Not that there's much to steal. People are getting far too alert. I've almost gotten caught a few times. It's almost impossible for a pickpocket to make a living anymore."

He frowned as a thought struck him. "Do you have any experience in stealing at all?" He asked curiously.

He stiffen as he noticed a Knight come in. He leaned in closer to whisper in her ear. "Sylirian knight. If he comes closer, we could have trouble. Myrians and Dhani usually don't mix."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A time to drink (open)

Postby Lysandra on May 10th, 2010, 5:18 pm

“When I was I child mostly...” Then she said interested “Oh, why should a Dhani and a Myrian talking be a problem?”
She noticed the knight looking at her so she arched an eyebrow at his general direction.
She then got up asking Sasin “I’m going to get a drink, want one?”
She made her way smoothly through the room, an aura of powerful grace surrounding her.
When she got to the bar where the two new arrivals were she leaned on the counter, dark green eyes slightly taunting and lips curved into a small smile.
She waited for her order to be served.
She usually didn’t do this, she would have ignored any man or shot them such a venomous look they would remember but she was curious this time, she had never seen a Sylirian knight.
Lysandra
Player

Words: 8593
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 5:39 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

A time to drink (open)

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on May 11th, 2010, 2:12 am

Kamrynn watched Lysandra glide up to the bar. She had definitely noticed him noticing her, and now he had landed himself into trouble. Myrians were tall, and this girl was no exception -Kamrynn was a bit intimidated to say the least. The air of self confidence and isolation she exuded made it seem she was more likely to bite his head off than give him the time of day.

His whole body tensed up when she leaned against the bar and ordered a drink. He didn't even notice what she ordered, which was his usual ice breaker. Worse yet, his Vanthan eyes betrayed his nervousness, their color had faded from brown to pale grey.

Still, what kind of Knight was he if he wasn't hospitable to fair maidens.

Kamrynn, turned to regard Lysandra with a smirk on his face. "Hi." He said simply. "What are you drinking tonight?"
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Character sheet

A time to drink (open)

Postby Lysandra on May 13th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Lysandra’s typical Myrian character kicked in, annoyed by the smirk on his face she pointedly replied “Many things” in a clipped tone.
Mug in hand first she pushed a braid of her dark red hair with a gold feather attached to it from her face then pivoted briskly and made her way (old habits die hard) retracing her steps and footfalls perfectly and returning to her seat.
Lysandra
Player

Character sheet

A time to drink (open)

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on May 13th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Cold. Ice cold.

But in contrast, Kamrynn's face burned hot and red. He watched her go, then turned to stare down at his drink, completely crestfallen.

A long pull from the glass of dark lager did little to improve his mood. It was flavorless and insubstantial in his mouth, eclipsed by the bitter taste of shame.

He sighed. Should have known better than to talk to a girl that was already taken. Shooting the two in the corner a final glance, he paid his tab and stood.

There were plenty of taverns in Syliras; ones where he hadnt already made a fool of himself twice in the same evening. He headed for the door with a bounce back in his step.
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Character sheet

A time to drink (open)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on May 15th, 2010, 7:35 am

Sasin raised an eyebrow at the query. "I was under the impression Myrians barely tolerated my foolish constrictor cousins."

He watched as she went up to the bar, excluding an aura of gracefulness. His eyes glittered with amusement as his eyes went to the knight, who was obviously nervous. His eyes were switching colors, soft brown draining into a pale, nervous grey. Still, he seemed persistent, and said something to her. He couldn't hear it from this distance, but it was blatantly obvious he was flirting with her. Whatever reply she gave had him blushing and crestfallen.

He shook his head, a grin on his face. "Don't look now, but I do believe you hurt his feelings."

Turning back to the conversation they had been having, he continued "Tell me. Do you have any experience in breaking into houses?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A time to drink (open)

Postby Lysandra on May 15th, 2010, 3:56 pm

She smiled “Ah, but what are his feelings to me?”
She thought about what he had said about their two races then replied “The important thing is that we are tolerating each other now isn’t it?”
Breaking into houses, that to her back to her childhood she grinned and said “Not recently but I used to. Let say I can pick any type locks, climb up buildings, kick doors open and tread silently”
Lysandra
Player

Character sheet

A time to drink (open)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on May 17th, 2010, 3:04 am

He inclined his head at her answer. "But not recently. I wonder..... There are quite a few places that are generally attract customers at night. Of course, with the people in such places, there are quite a few empty houses, just ripe for the picking, hm?"

He smirked, drumming his fingers on the table. "If it came to that, do you think that you could pull off a sucessful heist? By yourself?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext