Location [Syliras Location] Li Mauta

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Li Mauta

Postby Dusk on February 28th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Harper

Benoit gave a grunt that might have been his version of a chuckle, or might have just been a grunt. It would take her a while to get used to his noises.

"Pay's a gold a day, better den ya get doin' day labor anywhere else," he said, sweeping the last bit of ashes out of one of the ovens and tucked the handbrush into his apron. "You wanna learn embalmin', I teach it t'ya. We dun embalm much - most bodies, dey go in d' ovens. Got no room fer buryin' here. If dey die clean, and dey got no one here to know dey faces, we embalm 'em and save 'em for de Nuit." He gave a little wave at his own body, as if to indicate that it was little more than an embalmed piece of meat - and it might occur to her that one day she might embalm a body only to have it walking around giving her orders the next day.

"You so eager t' work, you take dat bucket over t' de sieves and filter out de bones and such. Get it down t' jess ash, and then we'll package it for the apothecary." And just like that, Harper would find herself with gainful employment.

OOCCongrats! I'll update your Storyteller Secrets thread with your wages. Please check the OOC Announcements thread in Syliras' forum for how to earn and apply for wages.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

[Syliras Location] Li Mauta

Postby Solamon Tienfre on September 11th, 2012, 10:56 pm

5th of Autumn, 512AV

It had taken longer than he thought to reach Li Mauta but he had taken the Employment Centers advice and walked there, repeating the name in his head so he wouldn’t forget. But by the time he got to the place he realized it didn’t really matter. He could smell fire faintly but nothing else. They must practice cremation here, which was something he wasn’t truly familiar with. He should have just gone to Sahova but he didn’t really want to, at least not yet.

For some reason he expected there to be more people inside the building but there wasn’t, just an old man cleaning the room. A man who looked very much like he belonged in the ground himself. Solamon wasn’t in a chatty mood, he wanted a bath and this place was full of…dust. It made his nose wrinkle in distaste. “I’m here for a job.”

Great conversation starter.

“I’m versed in some of the art already. I can mostly prep a body for burial or safe keeping, I know of cremation but I’ve never burnt a body…at least not in a place like this. I work hard and I enjoy the dead far better than the living. Their quieter.”

“I can even start now.” It was more of an afterthought and Solamon did not look particularly interested but his eyes burned into his surroundings. It was like coming home. A dirty home but home all the same. Mea—ah, dead people and silence. Two of his favorite things.

Dropping his sack to the floor finally he folded his gloved hands and could feel perspiration bead on his forehead and down the curve of his spine. He was going to have to invest in cooler clothes if this went well.
Common
Alts: Matthaus | I'sona
Solamon Tienfre
The Mad Mortician

Words: 10336
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2012, 12:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous