[Piraen's Scrapbook] My Humble Abode...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Piraen Saneka on September 14th, 2012, 7:14 am

NOTE: Save yourself and skip to the second page. This first page is just me working out my awkward.

Alrighty, so here we go. Scrapbook attempt #2.

Didn't really know what to put in the first one, so here it is. I suppose I'll just put random tidbits about nothing in particular in here. Ya'know, stuff that no one'll look at but makes me feel better for geeking out about. ^^ Yes, those types of things.

Lately I've been thinking about nothing but Mizahar (see, that would sound so cute if it was about another person. </3), and I attempted to explain to my friend while out on a jog the whole idea behind Miz. And, after a beautiful, impromtu half-hour speech, they looked at me and called me a nerd... how gratifying. :)

Anyhow, to the point... I didn't really think of it at the time, but the thought randomly wandered into my mind while watching Dr. Phil (Oh yes, I'm that kind of a person,): does the term "nerd" offend anyone? During this particular show, a man was talking about how he was bullied as a child and how the word "nerd" hurt his feelings. I, on the other hand, find nerd to be a compliment. In fact, I'm a self-proclaimed nerd...

Don't get me wrong, I've been called a nerd maliciously before, but never thought too much of it. But this whole train of thought got me to a'thinkin' about how something so simple is so controversial to different people. I once thought everyone had the same mindset on things, but I think now that it is an area-based thing. Perhaps I'm just weird?

Whatever....just felt like sharing that. :P Carry on....

EDIT: :
If, while posting on this, you randomly see my frames change, it's because I can't decide on a template for this scrapbook. Sorry if I burn your eyes. :(
Last edited by Piraen Saneka on July 31st, 2016, 6:33 am, edited 6 times in total.

If a building isn't called a built even after it has been completed,
then a thought should be called a thinking even after it's been said.
Piraen Saneka
Commit old sins in new ways.

Words: 88697
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2012, 1:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

[Piraen's Scrapbook] Meep.

Postby Eridanus on September 14th, 2012, 7:37 am

Hey no worries I'm a total nerd myself! A toast to people like us woo-hoo!
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Piraen Saneka on September 14th, 2012, 8:23 am

*Clank* Hey, as long as someone'se reading what I'm writing, you can call me a flying monkey; I'm still happy.

EDIT: -looks at Eri's word and post count- What?? D: Teach me to be awesome, Eri...please...
Last edited by Piraen Saneka on September 15th, 2012, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piraen Saneka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Piraen Saneka on September 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm

What to expect?
Lovely puppy pictures?
Random rants?
Intelligence?
Of course, absolutely and, uh, maybe.

This whole shindig will probably look like a mess for a while. No worries! Eventually I'll nip my ADD in the butt and clean this place up a bit. 'Til then...good luck! :)
Last edited by Piraen Saneka on January 19th, 2014, 5:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

Piraen Saneka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Piraen Saneka on September 14th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Storage Locker Number 1

I've really gotten back into the whole signature thing again, but I really have no where to put them all to be viewed/stored. So viola! Here it is...my first storage locker.

Commissions Done for Xiani :

...And the one she liked best-

Piraen's Sigs :

Commission Done for Kirvan Deepseeker :

Alt PC Sigs :

Last edited by Piraen Saneka on January 19th, 2014, 5:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Piraen Saneka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

[Piraen's Scrapbook] Aw...

Postby Kirvan Deepseeker on September 15th, 2012, 7:54 am

I don't feel special anymore since I'm not the only one... Figures though, you like coding so why wouldn't you help out other peeps? Also, was it necessary to crank up the font size in that description post?

Who's Xiani?

Yes, I'm pelting you with questions. While I'm at it, how did you learn to so all this? Did you just fiddle around for long enough?
Kirvan Deepseeker
Praise Laviku!

Words: 172723
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2012, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Piraen Saneka on September 15th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Xiani is a fairly new Zith PC...really nice person. :) She posted a thread wanted some sigs and a template or two, and I was feeling ambitious.

The coding or the photo manipulations? The coding is just a matter of time. If you spend enough time on Miz, then you just memorize what does what. As for photo manipulations, I actually started making templates for 3D maps and character skins on a game.I found it interesting, so I just kept farting around with the program.

O.o What font? The titles....?

Piraen Saneka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Piraen Saneka on September 15th, 2012, 5:32 pm

I just really, really, really wanted to post with this template. I mean, dancing lizard?! So cute! ^^

Anyhow, I'm not expecting anyone to really read this (especially not those I'm threading with...all two of them. :P) but if I don't post too quickly, don't blame yourself or get antsy or what have you....I haven't forgotten about our thread! It's just school has been weird* and I'm anticipating a lot of homework when I go back. That, and the cross country season is starting to pick up, with me having a meet at least once, if not twice, a week. Ughh....why did I decide to join? So stupid.... Either way, please be patient with my slowness; I just don't want to give you a crap post while I'm tired, so it may take a while. >.<

* After four days of school, our teachers decided they wanted to go on strike. So I've been out of school the past week doing nothing but Mizahar and running, and I know I'll regret it later....especially when I have to do my homework the morning of our return to school due to procrastination.
Last edited by Piraen Saneka on January 12th, 2014, 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Piraen Saneka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

[Piraen's Scrapbook] Unnecessary Sizes

Postby Kirvan Deepseeker on September 16th, 2012, 5:35 am

That's sort of what I was talking about, though it's not so bad with the dancing lizard post. Not nearly as bad as you post that welcomes us to your corner of Mizahar with text big enough that it comes out of the screen and hits me in the eyes.

You have a game engine too? Blimey, everyone's got to have one these days. Wish I had software like that, would help me add a lot of bells and whistles. Then again, I can't even make something decent using MS Paint, so maybe it's for the best.
Kirvan Deepseeker
Praise Laviku!

Words: 172723
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2012, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Piraen Saneka on September 16th, 2012, 5:41 am

It's all the same font size. xD There's just more text, so it looks bigger.

No worries, you'll get it some day. You just have to keep at it.

Piraen Saneka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)