Solo Omen Amongst Bazaar Men

After visiting the Employment Office, Chaude went to the Great Bazaar for some armor and weapon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Omen Amongst Bazaar Men

Postby Chaude on September 28th, 2012, 12:07 am

31st of Fall, 512 AV, 16th Bell

The sky radiated with light as Chaude left the Employment office. It was about time that he really should get well equipped for any dangers the longer he stays here and else where outside his colony for that matter.

Having said farewell to Crypt Insatem for the day, Chaude kept close to the corner wall nearby providing some wonderful shade. Taking in the gentleness of darkness, he pulled out the map he had bought back at Xy. Searching with aching, weary eyes, he found the Great Bazaar.

For the first 10 or so day, it was his source to finding more strips of jerky to tame his instincts. He recalled a small stall that sold armor and limited weapons. Forgetting what the name of the place is, he stepped out into the light. Such radiance felt so broken, exposed.

A few glances here and there, Chaude soon arrived to the Bazaar. Vendors are seeing a good crowd today. Only a patrol of Syliarian knights making their tour around the area. Walking, searching for that one shop the beef jerky guy was kind enough to mention. Wandering around for another few ticks, the small "Crescent Moondust" sign hangs quietly over the stall counter.

Chaude walks up to the counter.

"Oh, can't say I've seen many Zith, i-is there something I can do for you?" The woman fretfully inquired.

"Wish to buy. Leather armor and sword."

"Ah, sure, wait right there," checking her inventory, she soon came back with some goods.

"Were these what you were looking for?"

Checking, the leather torso looked a little big, but a couple straps seem to adjust to the user's body proportion. It was stiff along with the shoulder section too. The bracers held similar attributes although more flexible, much like the boots and the leggings.

"May wish to test blade," Chaude squeaked partially midway.

"Ah-h, of course," unsure, the middle-aged woman couldn't see any harm in trying.

Given more space, Chaude raises his hand and claws at the blade. The blade stood its ground, so to speak.

"Will buy. Money foreign to me. Price of goods fair?"

"Um, well, you see...we're sadly charging them a little higher. I'm still waiting for my husband to return with stock to fill our inventory," hesitant, it made the woman feel relieved to tell the truth.

Chaude stood still there. The woman was unsure if he's planning ways to eat her later or what. He finally spoke.

"You are bold. Will buy."

"A-ah, thank you. Not sure what you mean, but thank you, um...?"

"Chaude."

"Ah, Chaude. You seem...more understanding than some people," she sighs, "I wish more people were reasonable," the woman tilted her head slightly down.

"Bold spirit plenty. Lift head high, take heart. If wish to do more, make slots for wings."

What's with this Zith? Different from the stories she's heard about them.

That'll cost you an extra 2 GM for refitting the chest piece to your, eh, torso."

Chaude nods in silence.

Transaction :
    - Short Sword, 10 GM
    - Set of refitted Leather armor, 12 GM

"Thank you for your business," the vender tried to sound happy to have made a sale.

Chaude nodded and was starting to walk away, but something caught his curiosity.

"Name is soothing. Where Human get such name?" He turned around to inquire.

A bit off-guard by this talkative Zith, the woman scratched the back of her brunette hair.

"It was something my husband had come up with. I never really asked now that you mention it," genuinely unsure, she left it at that.

"I see. Good day."

Leaving, Chaude felt more reassured. Buying these meant that he's living more like a Human. He soon retired back to his room.
Chaude
Player

Words: 13064
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2012, 1:15 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes