[Bronze Wood] You're Kidding Me, Right? [Elliot/Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Matthius on May 15th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Night glanced up at the human with one eye squeezed shut. “Eh, it’s not that I’m deliberately being careless with it. I’m just shite at skinning animals. I’m more used to just tearing it away and ripping the meat into chunks I can swallow without choking.” He decided that Elliot was far better at it than he was and left the man to remove the skin while he liced through flesh and bone to the best of his claws abilities. It kept them from growing far too long and unmanageable.

He blinked at Elliot’s next words, breaking into laughter. “Oh, gods! I think you’ve misinterpreted my words,” he chuckled, holding his hands up, palms facing towards Elliot in a non-threatening way. “You could call it a fight if that’s how you see it. Heck, it’s almost as good as giving a good thumping.” His grin revealed his canines, though he hadn’t meant it as a challenge. Gee, either this guy was a virgin or he just didn’t get innuendos very well.

Halfway wrapping his third chunk of boar flesh, Night paused. “Like that,” he gestured at the spit hanging over the fire, though he wasn’t sure if the human heard him. Oh well, that wasn’t his problem. The half blood paused in his meat wrapping to pick up a somewhat straight branch, pushing the pointed end through the meaty bundle. “Unless you wanna salt the stuff, though I dunno how you’re going to do that without salt.”

Without another word, he turned to the deer’s carcass, dragging it over so that it lay near the fire as well. “Or you could, like, find some way to suspend it over the fire to smoke it. Apparently, dehydrating meat is supposed to keep it from rotting, though I’ve never tried the technique myself.” He thought the idea rather odd, actually. Wouldn’t smoking it just cover it in ash?

He flinched at the sound of the dagger biting deep into the trunk of the tree, eyes flicking up to look at the hilt of the weapon. “You’re going to take someone’s eye out doing that one day. And I highly doubt they’d be pleased with you for it.” He knew he wouldn’t be pleased at losing an eye. His vision was one of his greater senses.

Starting with the soft underbelly of the deer, Night drew a long claw from its breastbone all the way down to the back of its pelvis. What came out was a rather strange surprise. Sure, there was the usual blood and guts and other tasties, but it seemed this deer was pregnant. A dark smirk crossed his face, hand reached in a small ways to tear open the womb and drag the unborn animal out. It had suffocated to death.

Elliot had disappeared into the trees by then and Night was thankful for it. He didn’t particularly like people watching him when he ate. They often got grossed out by it. Using a heavy foot to hold the body in place, Night grabbed out leg and tore it from the body with one hard yank. The sound would have made any sane human sick, but Night’s mouth just built up more saliva.

Bringing the leg to his mouth, the half blood proceeded to tear into the flesh, blood dribbling down his chin and onto his chest. When the chewed chunk went down, Night moaned in pleasure. “Damn, this is almost as good as sex!” he exclaimed, going in for another bite. He didn’t quite reach the flesh before Elliot reappeared, carrying firewood.

“Oh… that’s what you were doing,” Night said around another mouthful of faun meat he had ripped from the bone. “Don’t stare at it,” he chided when he noticed Elliot staying rather still. “You’ll burn out your eyes and that’ll be the end of you. And don’t think I’m dragging your sorry, blind ass back to Syliras. I barely know you.”
Matthius
Unique, just like everybody else.

Words: 21106
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Elliot Skythorn on May 15th, 2010, 11:28 pm

A loud thunder went off in Elliot`s mind, as he realized what Night meant to say with his earlier statement. Elliot thought of correcting his mistake for a moment, but than he sighsed as his mind was onto the carefree track again. It was beyond his knowledge why was he so slow today, he felt embarassed for a moment, only to be over it the next one. He smirked more and more as the blood was splattering everywhere, some time later, the meat was pierced onto a stick and was now cooking.
Slowly taking out some salt he started spreading it onto the fire-warm boar flesh still smirking although he did not know the reason for doing so anymore so he opened his eyes as wide as usual looking back into the fire and recollecting Night`s comment about the whole looking at the fire thing as he smiled faintly. Looking deeper into the fire he remembered that fatefull night, blazing fire everywhere and blood covering everything but his face as he looked at his dead family petrified. His gaze was now focused on the fire as for the first time in a long time he actually felt his eyes water up, and so he let one single tear leave his left eye still hoping Night was too busy doing something and that he will not notice, for he was not the one to be proud of his weaknesses.
Quickly looking around he found it was past noon already, not even he knew was that information important, but he just needed something to distract him, distract his mind, distract and banish the memories. Too late, he saw his tattooed palm durning his atempt to cover his face away from the world, while keeping his palm a few inches from his face he got a grim expression while looking at it and barely breathing. His rage was overwhelming his sadness as he started to shake his head in anger and as he saw all that blood over and over again. The tears, they could not be stopped anymore as he stood up and turned his back to the fire while trying to run away, but he was too weak minded to do it, after all, he promised himself he would never be afraid, never again....never...
He gripped his hands as hard as he could, blood started dripping from the wounds made as the nails made their way through his palms, no more tears will be shed here for a pain can only be purged by a greater one, or so his twisted state of mind kept telling him. He slowly rose up his hands while wiping his arms and sitting back looking at the fire as the blood was still dripping down his hands, his only regret would be if Night noticed, but by the looks of it, he was still too far into butchering the deer to notice the surrounding world. Elliot was glad as he thought his weakness was safe from judging eyes...but was it really?

P.S. The dude..is a virgin...so far xD
"there" most everything is nothin'
that it seems
"where" you see the things you only wanna see

Elliot Skythorn
Player

Words: 46213
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 4:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Matthius on May 17th, 2010, 10:06 am

Night went back to eating his faun carcass, revelling in the sweet, tender meat. The boar and deer meat wouldn’t go bad all that soon. They were still fresh kills, after all. A loud crunching filled his ears as his teeth collided with bone, a low rumble vibrating in his chest. Ah, sweet, sweet marrow. And the bone was quite soft too. He was making a series of low growls as he ate, something he consciously had no notice of.

Only once did Night bother to glance up at Elliot, his eyes spotting the rogue tear. However, he said nothing. Humans were touchy about their weaknesses. He liked Elliot to an extent. Elliot didn’t want to kill him. And so he didn’t want to upset the human. The faun had disappeared into Night’s stomach not long afterwards.

A quite noticeable bump had appeared in the middle of his gut. But that was ok. He didn’t mind. Turning to the female deer from which the faun had come, the half blood picked it up and slung it over one shoulder. Time to stash the goods. He went over to a tree then proceeded to scale it. Bears couldn’t climb trees. Ants lived on the ground more than in trees. And squirrels didn’t eat meat. It should be safe for a few hours. Night slung the carcass over a forked branch, making sure it wouldn’t fall before he himself dropped to the ground with a loud thump.

The smell of human blood wafted into his nostrils. What? Had Elliot hurt himself, or what? Night frowned deeply, turning to face the human. What he found was something he had not expected to find of a large male like Elliot doing. Crying and bleeding. Well, this was a different situation. Either something had happened while he had been in the tree for those few minutes, or something was wrong in a different sense.

Without a word, he stepped over to his pile of things, taking hold of his waterskin. Stupid, stupid human. The half blood then came over to Elliot, crouching down next to him. Pouring a bit of the water onto the tips of his index and middle fingers, he began to wipe the tears away from under Elliot’s odd colored eyes. An intensely concentrated expression masked his face as he did so, clouding any emotion that might have stirred in his own eyes.

His next target was Elliot’s hands. Taking them in his own, Night turned them over, pouring enough water on each so that he could wipe away the blood with his thumb. He didn’t look at the man’s face, but stood when he was finished, putting his waterskin back among the pile of equipment he had brought along.

To be honest with himself, Night didn’t know why he had done that. So the human bled from wounds likely caused by himself. Why should Night care? He frowned even as he crawled under his lean-to, raking in fallen leaves to make a somewhat soft bedding. “Watch the meat, will you?” he grunted to Elliot, still not looking at his face. It was time for him to sleep.
Matthius

Character sheet

Postby Elliot Skythorn on May 17th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Elliot just stood there in silence as Night was moving around him slowly, even as he was wiping off Elliot`s tears he was still silent, he thought about thinking Night but he was still too petrified to do it. He just did not understand this strangers need to tend to him, but without questioning anything, he just stood there while Night kept running around and doing his thing, as he awaited for his senses to come back to him. Finally Night went back to the camp and said he was gonna sleep for a while...silence...and some time alone...it all sounded so perfect to Elliot, as he looked back at the man making sure his eyes are closed, he whispered: "Thank you for.....everything".
His eyes narrowed slightly as he tended back to the boars meat awaiting for some sort of a miracle to get his mind cleansed of bad thougts, something to banish them into oblivion. Looking back at the flame was safe now...it really would be horrible if these kind of things happened all the time...even feeling them once or twice was enough for him. Looking at the meat as he slashed it a bit in some places so that it doesnt crack al the way around and so it can be more tasty..yea...the basics of cooking this kind of meat...but he was far from perfect.
Still poking the meat with his dagger from time to time to make sure it is cooked well before turning it around a bit made him busy...and that was something he was missing a long time, a job, a thing to be trusted with, and Night gave him that, even if he would not dare to say it out loud he did like spending his time arguing with Night while doing something usefull along the way. Night was his friend? that question lingered in his mind so long that it threathened to explode his head. Oh well it`s not like he had something else to think about, and more problems to solve as he he threw some more firewood to feed the flame that now seemed so everlasting but yet so appealing, not that he wanted to burn himself to a crisp or anything. Elliot laughed quietly as those last few thoughts ran through his head. It was a good thing he met Night, at least he now had someone to blame if the meat went bad or missing, he laughed again trying to divert his mind of the sorrow the best he could, and it was working so far, he turned the boar around again making sure it is ready first.
Finally taking the meat away from the fire he threw some more firewood into it so that it would not extinguish just yet. Chopping the meat to bits using his daggers was not the best way possible but it was an effective one as it was done fast enough as he layed all the meat down onto a small plate like piece of bark he got from a nearby wood he sighsed quickly as he layed his body back into the grass awaiting for Night to be up.
that it seems

Elliot Skythorn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Matthius on May 17th, 2010, 2:15 pm

Night slept until just before the sun set, his body having curled around itself to shield his eyes from the sun’s rays. He woke silently, eyelids peeling open into narrow slits. For a moment, he just lay there, listening, smelling his surroundings. When he was satisfied that all was well and nothing had come to eat him in his sleep, Night stretched out his arms and legs, breathing in the scent of the forest.

Yawning lowly, Night sat up, scratching the back of his head. The world was blurry as his eyes adjusted to the light for a few moments. He groaned lowly as he twisted his back, several loud pops echoing from his body. Where was Elliot? He crawled out from under the lean-to, glancing around until he found the human laying in the grass.

For a moment, he did nothing but gaze at the man, leaving his mind to go blank. And then he turned away, glancing up around at the branches to try and find the deer carcass he had hung up there earlier. Thankfully, it was where he had left it, virtually untouched by the wildlife. And then he turned back to Elliot, rising to his feet to approach the man.

“You’re not asleep, are you?” he whispered hoarsely. That would be… interesting. He wouldn’t mind just sitting there, watching Elliot sleep. He’d never seen another person sleep before. He had heard of people doing very strange things, like talking and making grunting sounds. “Because if I didn’t like you, I’d of jumped you by now.”

Standing, he went back to the lean-to, rifling through his backpack. After a moment, he pulled out his brush, quickly going over his hair and the tufts that grew over his elbows. Just because he looked like a monster, it didn’t mean he’d let his hair turn monstrous. When he was satisfied that there was no stray strands sticking out, Night stuffed the brush back into the backpack.

“I’m heading back to Syliras tonight,” he said, not bothering to look over his shoulder. “You’re… welcome to come along if you want.’ He sure as hell couldn’t carry all that meat by himself and he couldn’t very well bring himself to leave it behind. “Can’t carry all this back to the city by myself, anyway. My legs would buckle underneath all the weight.”

He really needed to get a horse. Too bad he’d probably eat it when he got hungry enough. “Where exactly do you live, anyway? And what the hell were you doing out here of all places?” he asked, standing and turning to face Elliot again.
Matthius

Character sheet

Postby Elliot Skythorn on May 17th, 2010, 4:32 pm

He stared into the sky not thinking much of his surroundings, and so the day passed, the night fell, and halfblooded one became awake once more. Realizing he is awake Elliot still did not give him any regards or anything still looking at the stars blocked by the occasional clouds that were passing by quickly as the wind gently swept the leaves and made it twihrl around the camp. Slowly litsening to both to Night and shimmering sounds made by the wild wind in the distance he turned around to look at Night as he was trying to set his hair straight. Still not talking he only nodded slightly when Night asked him about the return to Syralis, thinking about distant and unclear things he still tried to figure out.
Standing up slowly he starting gathering up the stuff as he was bored again, and he liked to do stuff like this anyway, as he finished up the whole packing thing he sat down next to the fire still looking into it as he remembered he still did not answer Night`s questions, so he spoke slowly: "I was here, simply to wander, and get lost out of those everyday gazes of disapproval, and those judgind minds...i just needed, well you could call it a vacation. Oh and i don`t sleep that much....it has nothing to do with you really".
He sighsed slowly as he ended the sentance and he slowly extinguished the fire, for he did not want to face any predators now, it was not so much fear, it was more boredom and laziness but he did not bother thinking about such simple things.
As his hand slowly girpped around his bag, he hanged it on his right shoulder and picked up his weapons attaching them to their original positions. Looking back at night he asked quietly: "So where are we going exactly?" And so he awaited for Night`s response while thinking how funny and ironic his name is in their current conditions, but he subdued himself from laughing in fear that he would offend the man. He sighsed slowly while standing up again after everything was done and looking back at night awaiting some sort of a signal, or a sign or a direction to start moving towards Syralis.
that it seems

Elliot Skythorn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Matthius on May 17th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Secret :
Short, but sweet :P Well, I think it's sweet, anyway.

Night went about packing up, not really helping Elliot, but not really getting in his way either. He shoved as much of the meat as he could into his backpack, trying not to squish or break anything as he did so. After all, he was not known for his gentle ways with animals or himself. And as they were finished, Night scowled as Elliot once again looked into the fire. Did this human not understand that fire could blind?

“I see. A need to escape all the pressure put into you by other, narrow minded people. I can relate to that,” he said matter-of-factly, heaving his own backpack onto his bare shoulders. It was an almost comforting weight, one he had grown accustomed to over the past few years. “Though I can’t relate to not sleeping often. I’m a lazy bastard when I’m full and not working.” He seemed quite proud of that fact.

The half blood glanced up at the sky for a moment, squinting in the last rays of light. “That way,” he announced, pointing to the opposite side of the clearing. “I hope you can see in the dark after staring at the fire. My beastly kin like to start hunting right around now,” he murmured, starting off at a trudge. Night was surprisingly quiet as he stepped into the treeline, disappearing into the shadows.

“And I’m not holding your hand unless you plan on keeping my furs warm in the morning,” he called, laughing perversely a moment later. It was fun to tease humans and he suspected Elliot to be a virgin. Now all he had to do was haul a packload of meat through the Bronze Wood at night while trying not to make too noise with Elliot trailing along after him. Wasn’t as hard as it sounded.

Over fallen branches and around giant tree stumps he stepped, not bothering to try and conceal his tracks. If Elliot got lost, all he had to do was look for the strange, human shaped footprints in the mud and all would be well. “Oh, and don’t get lost. I’m not coming back for you.” It was all taunting. Of course he’d come back for Elliot. The man carried some of his meat.
Matthius

Character sheet

Postby Elliot Skythorn on May 17th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Slowly following Night and not paying attention to the familiar sounds of the forest as they wandered through the bushes, leaves, branches and all sorts of surprises Elliot kept bumping into cause of his inability to see all that well in the dark. As they made it to a small clearance he speeded up his pace to catch up with Night who had no trouble what so ever to march through the labrynth of trees. Running up to him and walking along his side he sighsed slowly as he saw no need to say anything, and so they moved on and on until finally reaching a decent road towards the town. Elliot speeded up like he was competing with Night but quickly dropped the idea cause he almost tripped over a stone he could not see until his foot found a most direct way towards it, luckily something made a strange noise in the bushes so he turned around in time to step over the traitorous stone. His grin widened as he thought he saw he was not the only one that had trouble walking around in the dark while looking at a group of rather strange looking males with very dark skin that kept moving as in a threthening way around them while gazing upon them, he was not sure either should he and Night face the several Akalak or just go ahead towards the town gate wich was visible and not too far away. But his thoughts were interuppted by a stone that hit his lower leg. He quickly turned around growling at the dark from wich the stone came from as he awaited for someone to step out. And he did....another Akalak, and by the looks of it both stronger and taller, much taller than the rest. He moved called out to Night saying: "Stop, we have company".
He dropped his bag on the ground and drew out his sword while awaiting for the inevitable, he did not know where they after him or Night, or maybe both of them, but questions and answers all seemed so pointless right now as he shruged at the group that was now sorounding them.
that it seems

Elliot Skythorn
Player

Character sheet

Previous