[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Talorin Ki on November 8th, 2012, 12:20 am

Talorin pays close attention to what the clerk tells him, and takes the paper from her out stretched had. He is a little apprehensive, because when his father was on trial they stayed at the Rearing Stallion that night. Of course it didn't end well.

"Thank you for your help ms." he mumbles almost unaudibly.

He then turns towards the door and stumbles over his own feet falling to the ground. After picking himself up, with a face red from embarassment, he manages to make it to the door and lets himself out into the city.

"Well step one is complete, time to begin step 2."
Talorin Ki
The Insatiable one

Words: 13466
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2012, 7:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Arken on December 9th, 2012, 2:51 am

30th of Winter 512 AV

A man wrapped tightly in a black cloak enters into the welcome center. He steps lightly not wanting to draw much attention to himself. He holds up a pale white hand and uses it to pull the cloak even tighter to him to conceal the lower portion of his face. He pulls the hood farther down his forehead concealing his eyebrows as well.

The man in the black cloak walks up to the desk of the secretary he looks at her palish blue eyes. Arken says calmly "I'll be staying in Syliras for the rest of winter and most of spring then I'll probably be heading off, I know a thing or two about herbalism so I figure I could go out of town and gather plants for the flower stalls or alchemy shops." He then pulls the hood his cloak tighter onto him. The man twiddles pale thumbs and looks down at his boots awaiting the woman's response.
Arken
Backseat hero

Words: 14255
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2012, 3:36 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on December 10th, 2012, 5:55 am

The last thing that Trega expected to see was someone shrouded in a dark cloak looming over her desk. He surprised her in fact, causing her to utter a light yelp as she turned around to see him. His appearance was hidden from her, but even that made her uneasy around him. She remained professional however, and listened to what he had to say before she spoke. "That is fine, but if you'd like a job here, then I would need to see your face..please"
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Arken on December 15th, 2012, 5:50 am

"I suppose." reluctantly and despite thoughts of refusing in his mind Arken removed the hood of his cloak. What was revealed unto the woman was a clear
face a bit pale from lack of heat and other usual rotting and wear and tear the bodies of nuits took. Arken had to the best of his ability attempted to keep clean bathing in rivers and such but the body was of course falling apart like all corpses eventually do and Arken hadn't been too much of a cheap skate lately to purchase soap to really clean himself. Despite all the attempts at keeping himself clean and whatever denial one might do to refuse the fact they were looking at a nuit when they say Arken's bare face that had to take into account his chin.

A Small portion of his chin was rotted off though through a amateur attempt at needlework he'd partly closed the aperture in his lower facial region. He looked down to his work boots and counted to twenty before putting the cloak hood back on. Looking up from the floor and back to this stranger he eagerly awaited her response.
Arken
Backseat hero

Character sheet

Postby Accolade on December 15th, 2012, 7:12 am

Trega looked on, none too pleased with the sight before her. "A nuit I take it, well sir you would do well to find a new shell and quickly. As per your job, an herbalist can find work at the Great Bazaar. There is also help needed at the Stormhold Salves That might be more to your liking."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Arken on December 15th, 2012, 7:42 am

Arken nodded turned the notion of working at Stormhold salves round in his head unsure whether it would be beneficial for him to work there or not. He turned around to the door and started to walk out when something occurred to him.
He knew he was probably wrong to suggest this and he figured even if she said no he'd still not accept it but he figured it was worth bringing up. "Do you think if I sought employment at Li Mauta I'd be turned down?" He kept one foot outside the door and one firmly planted inside the building.

He slowly shifted his body weight from side to side. "Wonder what she'll say..."
Arken
Backseat hero

Character sheet

Postby Accolade on December 15th, 2012, 7:50 am

Trega was just about to turn back and rest in her seat when she heard the nuit speak up while standing in the doorway. "I doubt Benoit Grivin has been for an herbalist, but he might be willing to take you on as an apprentice."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Arken on December 16th, 2012, 5:54 am

"Perhaps perhaps..." he tilted his head forward awkwardly as if his head was a hat and he tipping it to the woman. "Thank you for your time.""Silly lady I wasn't meaning to work for him as a herbalist but a well..." with that he then headed out the door off to go think about his choices and decide what to do also to stop by the great bazaar to pickup a few things...
Arken
Backseat hero

Character sheet

Postby Mirza on January 3rd, 2013, 2:50 pm

Mirza walked quietly into in the unemployment office. She had been in Syliras for a while at this point, but after her guide had left her at the gates. The Benshira had not been ready to have a job. Truth be told the city scared her. Even after months of living off of savings, as she tried to familiarize herself with the city life, the scale of it made her uncomfortable. There wasn't enough sky here and most people were strangers to her. She had waited too long, wasted a lot of time. This morning, it was time to force herself to come here, after weeks of putting it off. Mirza took a few steps closer to the woman, the metal veil on her face jingling slightly.

"Excuse me, do you know if anyone is in need of a philterer? I also have skills in herbology, but I mostly use that talent for my elixirs." Mirza said in her soft voice, the words slightly slurred by her accent. "I fairly sure I'll be here a while, and I'm starting to run low on savings, so any help you can give me would be very appreciated."

Mirza
Player

Words: 6619
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:30 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Ilaria on January 4th, 2013, 6:12 pm

{ 35th of Winter, 512 }

Ilaria felt ashamed walking through those doors. Her father had never needed help acquiring business, and if he couldn't find work then they just headed out of town to gather things to sell, mostly meat. But then, he had been the better hunter, the better shot, and the one that dealt with their customers. Without him... well, it more problematic than just being lonely. But with a deep breath, she opened the door and strode in, far more confidently than she actually felt.

"Hello there. The name's Ilaria. Adventurer, by trade. I was hoping you might have some appropriate work, or know of someone that needs some assistance from one such as I am." She paused, then added with less gusto, almost apologetically, "My skills aren't the sharpest, but my father died recently and I'm trying to get along the way we always did. I'm not from Syrilas, but I'll be in the area for a while, at least the rest of the season, and I'm not afraid of the wilds. I'm a willing learner, though, if you don't have anything in the way of that kind of work."
Ilaria
Player

Words: 5888
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 6:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

PreviousNext