[The Rearing Stallion] The Best Ale in Mizahar [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion] The Best Ale in Mizahar [Open]

Postby Cokanee on May 21st, 2010, 4:29 am

Spring 30 AV 510

"I gotta hand it to you, Cokanee." Kevith said, patting him on the back. "Your snobby 'Craft-Beers' are selling pretty well."

Cokanee shot Kevith an 'I told you so' grin, his yellow eyes flashing playfully. "What can I say? I was born to play the part. Maybe you should hang up your apron and let me take over The Rearing Stallion."

Kevith roared with laughter. "Kid, you've got a long way to go before that. My 'malted water' still pays all of the rent. When all is said and done, most of the patrons are here to get drunk, and they're looking for the cheapest way there."

Cokanee sighed, looking over the patrons with a smile. "True enough. True enough."

"Chin up though," Kevith said. "Tell you what, me and the Mrs. are gonna take off for the night. Brucilla can take over the Kitchen, you man the bar."

"Right then. Leave it to me." Cokanee agreed.

Kevith disappeared in the back, then emerged a few moments later with a coat on and his wife hanging onto his arm. "Oh, one more thing." The owner added. "You keep track of how many beers you sell tonight -a point to me for every glass of cheap swill sold and a point to you for every fancy brew. I used to appreciate the fine art of beer making, too, but then I became a business man."

Kevith walked out the door chuckling merrily.

Cokanee's eyes burned, and a deviously smile played on his lips.He leaned against the bar, looking as charming as he could, waiting for his next customer. He had some tough sells to make, hopefully the people of Syliras were thirsty tonight.

MENU:

Syliran Pale Ale
Secret :
This beer has a light malt flavor with a strong (not over powering) hop character. Two weeks of dry hopping with Syliran hops gives it a pleasant bitter flavor. Not a great choice for lightweights, this beer has a high alcohol content, well masked by its strong flavors, that can really creep up on you.

Chocolate Stout
Secret :
This midnight colored beer pours with a tall, frothy head and is thick enough to stand a spoon up in. It has a full bodied flavor with a heavy mouth feel and a sweet finish. True to its name, the drink has a mildly chocolate armor and flavor, and is a great after dinner as a desert beer. This particular recipe draws its roots from Avanthal, and is especially popular on cold winter nights and amongst the Vantha people.

Red Amber
Secret :
A truly refreshing beer, light, crisp and mild. This is the drink to have after a strenuous day of work, at the end of a grueling adventure or when relaxing in the warm weather. It pours copper red, and has a pronounced malty and caramel character. This beer is bottle conditioned to provide an intense carbonation, which gives it a very light and refreshing mouth feel.

[[All of these are available for 4SM a mug or 8SM for a pitcher. Kevith's standbys are also available: a pale and dark ale available for 2 SM a mug or 4 SM a gallon.]]
Cokanee
Player

Words: 3856
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 12:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet