A Walk Through the City (Gideon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Saion on May 20th, 2010, 6:35 am

"I guess it would be the smart thing, yea. Do you have a steed or are you on foot?" Saion didn't even notice the wind as it picked up. Living on the plains for the majority of his life left him all but desensitized to the harsh rip of cold air across his skin and against his face.

"We should get inside. You really shouldn't be up and moving with a wound like that."
And as we traveled, we saw ahead of us the adventure laid upon the land. "This is a great and prosperous place. The time ahead can only bring great wonder for us, and all we shall meet."
Saion
Player

Words: 2898
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2010, 5:21 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Gideon Linvaille on May 20th, 2010, 7:09 am

It was a worthy question, Gideon's mode of transportation. As it was, the man felt he had needed none, preferring both the challenge and the inherent discipline of roughing it on foot. Without hesitation, he spoke up.

I am without a steed, Gideon confirmed. I thank you for your concern, Saion, but I assure you the wound is far lass grievous than you are giving it credit for.

It was clear that this man, Gideon, was the sort who downplayed the serious wounds dealt to himself, though not out of pride but out of the simple belief that nothing ought to get in his way. As it was, though, the other man was right and Gideon was resigned to the idea that rest was a necessary evil.

Nonetheless, I have grown weary of travel this day, and I am sure that sitting down would do me a great deal of service. Shall we?

Gideon stepped to Saion's right, falling in step next to the man and awaiting travel plans.
Gideon Linvaille
The Purist

Words: 24869
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Saion on May 20th, 2010, 12:14 pm

Saion nodded and stopped in line with Gideon. He was a stride behind, since Saion had no real knowledge of where to go in the city. His eyes wandered still, admiring the architecture. Well did likewise, but more out of anxiety and to avoid hitting someone else.

"Are we going to find lodgings then," he asked, breaking the momentary silence. "Or would you rather sleep in a tent? I'm content for either, but a bed in a room might be better than one of dirt and canvas."
And as we traveled, we saw ahead of us the adventure laid upon the land. "This is a great and prosperous place. The time ahead can only bring great wonder for us, and all we shall meet."
Saion
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gideon Linvaille on May 20th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Gideon grunted, in truth not caring where he slept. His eyes sorted through the crowd with a vague amount of interest, his body shivering slightly from it's weakened state being slammed by the cool wind. He bit his lip thoughtfully, not showing any more weakness than he had to, then turned to regard Saion.

We could find lodgings if that is your preference, Gideon confirmed,I suppose you could call it a preference thing.

With an amused smile, Gideon turned away once more, helping the small band weave their way through the landslide of people with his charismatic guidance.
Gideon Linvaille
The Purist

Character sheet

Postby Saion on May 20th, 2010, 9:03 pm

"Alright. Do you know any place we could go?" I've just been wandering around and trying to make heads and tales out of everything..." Saion hesitated, slightly embarrased. "I'm not really all that good at reading, not common anyway."

He pulled Vel along the road, helping weave the beast through the uncaring crowd of passersby. "To be honest, I'm out of my element by a lot. But all the hustle keeps me on my feet. Vel doesn't like it so much, but he's getting used to it." He looked back to the horse, who looked back with caring eyes and a deep heart.

~"Don't worry boy. I'll take you out for a long ride soon."~
Saion
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gideon Linvaille on May 21st, 2010, 3:02 am

Gideon considered for a moment, then nodded in affirmation.

I believe there are lodgings in our immediate vicinity, the Purist replied with surety in his voice, though all things in the so called "civilized" world come with their prices.

There was a hint of bitterness in Gideon's voice when he spoke of the world as such, but it was quickly cast aside in favor of encouraging words.

All things come in their time, Saion, he assured the man, and with some effort, our lodging can be one of those things. Shall we?

Gideon continued to lead the other man down the way just a bit further until they came upon what appeared to be the inn, pausing for a moment's respite.
Gideon Linvaille
The Purist

Character sheet

Postby Saion on May 21st, 2010, 3:25 am

"After you," Saion gestured towards the entrance. He brought Vel under a wooden pavilion with a small post and trough of water. ~"Stay here for now. I'll be back soon."~
Saion
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gideon Linvaille on May 21st, 2010, 3:28 am

Gideon nodded slightly, aware that the other man was being mindful of his wound. Normally, Gideon would not stand for the courtesy because he was the one in knightly regalia, however the wound was only recently healed and he only recently had regained the ability to move at a basic capacity.

He moved slowly into the foyer of the building, turning back to Saion.

Shall I cover the costs of accomodations for the night, Saion? he looks at the man behind the counter. Two beds and a bath, please...
Gideon Linvaille
The Purist

Character sheet

Postby Saion on May 21st, 2010, 5:27 am

The man behind the counter looked up from the record books to see the two travelers enter his inn. "A two bedder? That'll be 1 gm for a night. Pay when you check out."

"That sounds alright. And what of stables," Saion asked, more worried about getting Vel into a proper rest than his own comfort. Stress was bad for anyone, or anything living, and caring for your strider was top on any Drykas' list.

"Comes with the room. Its around back. Here's your keys, have a good night sirs." The man went back to his record keeping after Saion took the keys.

"Here, take these. I'll be up soon, I guess." He practically shoved the keys into Gideon's hands, and exited the inn. He took the leading rope and untied it from the resting post.

~"We're going to stay here for the night, and maybe a few more days. There's a stable out back.."~ He pulled the beast along, rubbing his nose. ~"It will be fine though, we'll be on the road soon enough and we'll ride together soon."~

They reached the stable, and Saion took the bags and yvas from Vel's back. He poured a meal of oat and vegetables into the trough for the beautiful palomino colored horse and walked back to the inn with his things.
Saion
Player

Character sheet

Previous