[Flashback] [Stone Garden] Scrolls and Stones (Khiara)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Flashback] [Stone Garden] Scrolls and Stones (Khiara)

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 27th, 2010, 2:50 am

While he watched Khiara with an intent gaze, attempting to garner her thoughts and be able to identify what it was that was racing through her mind at his revelation, Rigil appeared to be lost in his own myriad of thoughts which fluctuated so smoothly. A settled peace seemed to surround the garden, as though the memories of the people who lost their lives had found peace in the shade of the Windoak.

Noticing her reaction to his own question, he pursed his lips and did not speak for a moment, allowing the moment of silence to linger to she could speak at her own pace and find the answer she wanted to grant him. Nodding his head gently when she spoke, his fingers traced along the strap of his scribe box that settled along his shoulder.

“Sometimes all we can do is find something which can grant us a sense of peace, away from the realms of familiarity where memories enchant us,” he spoke so smoothly, that at times it was difficult to maintain his human persona.

A faint smile creased upon his lips at her remark of the world and he looked around him.

“It is beautiful,” he acknowledged.

His eyebrows rose in surprise and he shook his head when she asked about his true form. His eyes narrowed slightly as he attempted to concentrate.

“Well, it is difficult to explain and somewhat moreso to appreciate it,” he answered slowly, weighing his words carefully. “I am certainly not a human. Would that I was though. I would be far taller too. I would have horns and hairs, their colours would change according to the seasons. Perhaps one day you may see me in that form, though I doubt you will recall who I am.”

He chuckled, yet it was forced, as though a bite of humour would lessen the feeling of isolation which seemed to wall around him.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Words: 40544
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2010, 10:27 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Previous