Completed I Don't Wanna Die (Viper)

You find yourself in trouble, you need a friend to pull you out. But what happens when you have to kill that friend to live in the end?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

I Don't Wanna Die (Viper)

Postby Septimus on December 6th, 2012, 4:20 am

OOCSorry for the late reply. It will probably be like this for a bit.
Everything she had been dreading had happened. Her sapphire/sky blue eyes, now wide with astonishment, were staring right into the soul of Viper as he darted out of his tunnel and into the arena to escape the flames, somewhat like she had done. Though in this form, anyone could see that see that she was nervous and anxious. This form had no 'poker face' and there was no hiding it. The constant way she shifted her weight, the way er ears were pinned back, her flaring nostrils; they were all signs of the adrenaline coursing through her body and the fight or slight responses kicking in once more.

They came closer to one another in the arena before the onslaught began and they announced the beginning of the show the damned had been waiting for all along. Perhaps that was what the little maze thing was as well; just another part of the show. Maybe they were projecting their lost and worried experiences somewhere throughout the arena in which they showed a preview of the contestants to incite the crowd even more. While she was contemplating this, her body language was defensive but intimidating. It was pretty much giving off the impression that she would stand her ground and more if it came down to it. It was weird how things were working right now. Would she had done this in real time? Probably not. Was it happening now? Yes, as a matter of fact, it was.

Septimus was studying her new enemy with a hard and scrutinizing eye trying to pinpoint weaknesses physically and analyzing what he had said to maybe attack him mentally since it was apparent his flickering and narrowed eyes were doing the same. She felt like she was being inspected at a livestock auction for the smallest flaws in which a picky buyer wouldn't buy for a miza. It was a different and certainly not normal feeling. But he hesitated for a second and Septimus could see that. He was actually contemplating something beforehand. Or was this all another strategy to play her like a chess piece in this game the damned demon creatures found amusing at the cost of lives?

Her eyes wandered to her sword still docked on his hilt. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea telling him to grab her sword. She probably should have just left it where it was to rust and eventually be covered by dirt or whatever this hole of the damned had to cover it with. She didn't feel it right to for one to fight with another's weapon. It was kind of hurtful to her pride but something deeper as well. Septimus had grown a weird kind of sentimental bond with it set aside from the fact that it was her father's as well! Seeing it in someone else's hands it wasn't right.

They were both cut and bruised from the events that had occurred before the arena and now Septimus saw this. Septimus had the obvious advantage with unarmed combat if she could loose the sword. You're all ears, eh? Septimus was all ears as well, but the Void if there was a way around this. She surely wasn't going to die without a fight. It wasn't honorable in some ways. To her pride for the most part. And it would more than likely cause them both great discomfort with the fact they were fighting against each other. They were both close allies that had risked and saved one another's lives countless times in the maze.

Septimus shifted into her nude human form in which being Kelvic she had no problem with. It was just another form, another shape. Septimus pulled her sword out of the sandy ground in which it had been thrusted into. She ran her hand along the hilt then gently ran her index finger over the large fire forged blade "There are no exits. There are no ways of getting out of here." ]
Last edited by Septimus on December 27th, 2012, 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Viper on December 7th, 2012, 4:43 am

Viper made his way back to his bow and picked it up. Dusting off the sand, he had turned back toward her direction just in time to see her changing her form back to that of a human and retrieving her sword. He couldn't help but regard her for a moment, his face bringing a frown on. As if killing her in her horse form wouldn't have been hard enough. Now he get's to kill her in her human form instead. Considering the situation, her nakedness hadn't really entered his mind as anything sexual at all. Point of fact, he was half naked himself. Still, he did have a passing thought that she was probably a fine looking woman minus the cuts, bruises, and blood from head to toe. Pushing the observation from his mind however, he began to walk back toward her, sword in right hand, bow in the left.

As Viper moved slowly toward her, the cheers and roars from the crowd as the two combatants neared one another caused him to look up at them in disgust. He made no attempt to hide his loathing for them and their forcing him to kill this lovely creature in front of him.This whole experience had just digusted him. These were nothing but games to these monsters. Even one of their own paid the ultimate price, but Viper was fairly certain they just thought that made everything even more exciting. He pushed the disgusted look off his face as he returned his gaze back to Septimus. A more somber look replacing it as he heard her suggestion.

A moment later he smirked and huphed bitterly. "Well that wasn't quite the idea I was hoping for..." A pause interrupted his comment as he gathered his thoughts together. He gave a quick chuckle and smiled. Knowing the predicament, there was a sadness behind the smile that wasn't hard to spot. "...ya know. I don't think I ever actually told you my name. It's Viper...actually it's Aaden. The other one is just what I've gone by for a long time. I figure if it's my time to go, it'd be nice if someone knew what it really was. Sorry I didn't mention it sooner...was sort of preoccupied."

He shrugged his shoulders as he gave another glance at the crowd above them who appeared to be somewhat confused and growing agitated by the lack of action. Turning back to Septimus again with a friendly more genuine smile he proposed, "As for your idea. I'd rather my last action in this world not be killing my final partner, ally, and maybe even friend...Now that we're here and can actually see the ones pullin' the strings. What say we give them one final act of defiance and maybe even take a few of them with us if there really is no other way out than through death?" Putting his sword away, he drew an arrow and held it in his left hand along with the bow as he held up his right for her to take as sign for one final alliance to battle together. His posture straightening as he began to fortify his mind with the idea that there was no need to worry as he was already dead.

In truth, he wished he had the time to learn more about this most spirited woman. And certainly under more agreeable circumstances that didn't involve them constantly just trying to stay alive. But alas, it didn't appear as though they would get the happy ending which they had both fought so hard for. Which meant this would be their final moments together. So he fully intended to make these monsters pay dearly for their "entertainment". Any pain he may feel before the end worth it, if it meant he could make them suffer a little with them.

"Sound good Septimus?"
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Septimus on December 11th, 2012, 5:49 pm

"The Void, yes! It's about time I run across somebody in 'ese damned places that's got my kind of fighting style. I knew I ran across someone different! Let's petching do it, and make it worth while, eh?" The demons must have thought they were getting ready for a show because not only did they bring out decent armor but they brought out new clothing as well. A longer and better fight with more protection, right? Wrong. New armor, new protection, and a better chance of fighting these little petchers and winning. The odds were not in their favor however.

Septimus quickly and eagerly put on the new clothing and armor with a new found hope. It was a lot lighter than her normal armor, but the clothing sufficed for it served as a dense form of padding. Another layer of protection, she saw it as. Once Septimus was dressed, fully clad in the metal armor and clothing, she observed their surroundings. The walls were surprisingly only a few feet off the ground! Nothing Septimus couldn't jump over! There was practically no boundary! But the thing was, what were to happen when she crossed over that small barrier? Still, it was better than murdering your partner dead cold.

"On th' count of three, we jump over that small boundary and beat the shyke out of every last one of them. Tired of the little bastards, I am! And don't let 'em take you alive!" Septimus got ready to run full sprint towards the excited crowd as their cheering grew louder and louder. She supposed they were thinking and expecting some sort of back to back duel but to the Void if they thought that what would happen! They would soon be shyke full of disappointment once they realized what was coming for them.

"One." The adrenaline picked up it's speed through her body and her muscles flexed. Her eyes narrowed then focused on one main attack spot which was towards the side. Her blonde hair flew slightly in the gentle breeze in the wind, wispy like smoke. Her blue sapphire eyes scanned their opponents and whom they would be up against. They wouldn't be making it out of this one, that was apparent. They all had large canines and their slender dog like bodies and the like. Plus, there was a mixture of the large headed yet small bodied dragon demon like creatures that could spit fire.

"Two." Septimus gripped her sword tightly, sweat beading off of her forehead. She took a few good deep breaths, steadily recalling what had happened so far in this horrid place. "Three." And with everything she had in her heart, every ounce of hope, and everything she had to live for, she charged.
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Viper on December 13th, 2012, 3:21 am

He gave a quick wink and nod of his head when suddenly brand new armor and clothing were presented to them. A mischevious smirk flashed across his face. Apparently their actions had given quite the wrong impression to these monsters. A serious miscalculation he was more than happy to take advantage of. He wasn't under any dillusions that this really gave them a chance, but he relished at the thought of being more protected to be able to inflict more damage for a longer period of time.

Removing the torn remants of his pants, he quickly dawned a fresh new set of light armor he found. Not far away, he also noticed a shield. He had no previous training with a shield, but considering what they were up against, he thought it might come in handy. Instead of holding though, he strapped it to his back, hoping to avoid being cooked from behind by a cheap shot from on of the countless dragons. Giving a himself a once over to make sure he was ready, he glanced over to see Septimus now fully clad in armor. A setting she seemed to be most comfortable with. And what a sight to behold she was.

While Septimus went on with her plan off attack, as simple as it was, he spied exit hallways which the creatures used to leave the arena. He nodded again to her as she finished. "Agreed, but Septimus! Look! You see the hallways leading out of the arena? Let's try and make our way to one of them. It will nullify their advantage in numbers and give us some protection! Who knows...we might just be able to find an exit out of this nightmare of a place after all." He couldn't help, but let the slightest ting of hope slip back into his tone as he offerend his suggestion.

She soon began to count, and with that, he drew an arrow. "One!" He heard. His heart began to beat faster. "Two." Came echoeing through his ears as the adrenaline began to flow through his veins once more. By the time "Three", had been declared. He drew back the arrow, aimed at the announcer creature, and loosed the arrow upon hearing the word. The arrow streaked through air toward the shocked creature. And for the first time since engaging these monsters, his arrow struck his target right where he wanted!

The creature, reeled in its position for a moment then fell over the short wall of it pulpit to the arena floor below. A most satisfied smirk appeared on his face again as he drew another arrow and quickly followed Septimus, hoping to offer a bit of cover from his bow before switching over to his sword...
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Septimus on December 15th, 2012, 1:09 am

It was then in that moment in which Viper had succesfully taken down the announcer, that a rain of arrows came down from above them. Septimus grabbed a shield that had appeared on the ground and luckily shielded the top of her as arrows slowly pierced through one by one. Once the pounding was over, Septimus heard the gates open but only one thing emerged from either side and at closer observation the top row of archers had disappeared into smoke. The new things coming out of the gates were two black horsemen on large and sturdy steeds, much alive like Viper and Septimus both.

Septimus' eyes grew wide for she had never particularly actually taken on something like this before and she was nervous despite the training she had obtained previously. The horses charged straight forward them and Septimus quickly developed a plan. Dodge, stab, and cut. As her steed and horse charged at her, Septimus could predict the path of the horse somewhat. It and her being somewhat related, she was able to pick out possible paths in which it would take. However, there was no doubt it would trample either one of them without hesitation. Lucky for her, these horses weren't nearly the size of her true form. As a matter of fact, they were about the size of large and muscular Striders.

Right as the horse neared her, she dodged, rolling in the sand then quickly jumping up. The next move, she couldn't believe she had even managed to dream about but after she dodged she swung around managed to cut the hindquarters of the horse in which it reared allowing her an open position where to stab at. Her horse disobeyed its rider despite it's cries and yanking on the reins. This allowed Septimus time to dart ahead and dodge an attack from the rider in which he threw his sword at her? Yes, he threw his sword at her. Septimus quickly ended the horse's life, stabbing it in the chest. Its rider soon followed and much to the crowd's displeasure they had decided enough was enough.

Septimus looked up to see many of the crowd's members come darting down the stands and begin bounding towards her and Viper. There was no petching way! Yet, there was! The gates were open! Septimus looked at them and almost as if the gate keepers had been reading her mind, they slammed the heavy metal gates down once more, trapping them inside. The demons grew nearer and nearer to the point Septimus was now dodging fireballs from the dragon demons. However, there was far too many for her to handle and he sword got ripped out of her hand at a dog demon's mouth's expense as it too now had a large cut in its mouth that would more than likely prove fatal.

She was getting overtaken and she knew it. Her unarmed combat wouldn't take her far now for they were biting at her armor, pulling her down. The dragons were as well! They were holding her down and her efforts grew the adrenaline grew! But one Squire was no match for hundred of animals with teeth and claws even though she strangled and took off their heads with her hands. There were too many! Septimus, with one last thrust from her elbow sent a dragon demon flying backwards. Septimus caught a glimpse of Viper and she supposed he was in the same situation. She managed to see his rider and horse slain either by being trampled by the demons or Viper himself. The flimsy armor was being ripped off of her piece by piece and she only grunted taking every hit possible.

A dragon demon huffed to blow a melting point fireball and she grabbed it's scaly head and blasted a large number of them out, the others leaving Viper to chase after her. The dragon wiggled and moved and huffed again but she turned it's head towards the gate which now had a different setting behind it. Rolling, green hills far away from this. "VIPEER!!!" The dragon blasted another fireball and melted the gate entirely. "Go! I'll hold them off!"

Piece by piece it was to the point where she was only in her thing bare clothing with many cuts and scratches along with occasional teeth marks where one of them had managed to get her. Septimus shifted as it was her last resort and her body was now practically bare exposed to even more wounds to the point she was a bloody mess. A large and strong neigh erupted from her throat as she used every last ounce of energy she had bucking and rearing and throwing off any of the demons that managed to take a grab at her back or neck. One even managed to bite her snout in which she of course shook off quickly. More came though as the ones at Viper and she was slowly being overtaken again. They ripped and tore at her exposed flesh, in which exposed bloody chunks of lean muscle and in some places even bone.

She had failed Viper. She had failed him and she had failed herself. She had failed the Knighthood. She had failed everyone that was counting on them. Most of all, she had failed Xalet and Xuphim. Soon she was overtaken, the pain was unbearable, and she was knocked unconscious by her body itself as it allowed her to escape the torture. It was done for and it knew it. She knew it. She slowly fell to her knees, collapsing. However, once she had done that, it had felt as though a million tons had been lifted from her shoulders.
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Viper on December 27th, 2012, 3:32 am

When the sky darkened from the hail of arrows that were about to pelt them. Viper ran up and kneeled behind Septimus, using the shield on his back to cover their flank. To his disbelief, they made it through the volley unscathed. "Well that was...sort of awesome." He finished with a light chuckle and a smirk. Hearing the clanking of the main gate opening, he got back to his feet, but stayed close to her to offer support. The charging of two horseman on their steeds who appeared forced them to separate however.

Viper dove out of the way as the rider who came after him took a swing with his sword. Spinning around to face his apponent once more, he loosed an arrow right into his horses chest, causing it to rear in pain. Quickly switching out his bow for his sword, he charged the animal while it was still not responding to its master. He hesitated for a moment, waiting for the right time to strike. He didn't have long to wait though. With a swipe of his sword, the horse collapsed on its now sliced through front legs sending its rider crashing to the floor. Although with much less finesse than Septimus may have shown. He charged the falling rider and hacked at the man till Viper was certain he was dead.

It was then, before he could catch a breath that the horde of previous onlookers descended on them to finally finish them once and for all. Before it disappeared, he could have sworn he caught a glimpse of green fields that lay beyond the gates just before they slammed shut. A mixture of lost hope and bitterness flooded him as he then realized how close they had come to being free...yet failing their final trial. As the demons closed, he began swinging his sword wildly and quickly spinning back and forth trying to keep them all at bay. This really was a futile gesture as eventually his body would fail him and he would be overwhelmed.

Suddenly to his utter astonishment, the monsters began to pull back and leave him alone, apparently more interested in something....or someone...else. His eyes widened, as his head darted back toward where he had last seen Septimus. Viper's mouth opened in awe as he beheld the woman actually redirecting a dragons attacks to its own brethren. "By the gods...", he gasped more to himself than anything. He was suddenly brought back to his senses as a fireball jetted past him and into the gate, blasting a way out of this hell hole.

A surge of hope flooded through him upon beholding the sight. Before he could really even think what to do next, the clanging of metal crashing down next to him startled Viper. It was Septimus' sword. No! He thought to himself. "VIPER!!!" He then heard clear as day despite the roaring of the beasts. Picking up her sword, he began to charge toward her, when her next order stalled his movement. "Go! I'll hold them off!" The order went against everything his mind and body willed him to do. He frowned and took another step forward as he then saw the animals pull her down and pin her.

His mind raced as he tried to think of a way to save her. But the simple fact of the matter was...there was nothing he could do. He was not nearly a skilled enough warrior to take on this swarm. Though everything he felt and wanted told him to charge. He reluctantly turned, following her final order an ran for the exit. As he ran, feelings of disgust filled him as he could hear she had changed to her horse form once more and let out a few last sounds of defiance. He should have stayed and fought to the end like her... They had been a team, and at the final hurdle, he left her behind.

Sliding through the burned out opening in the gate, he kept running for a hundred yards or so before slowing down to take a look at where he had retreated from. Nothing had followed him, and by this point, he was exhausted. The last reserves of adrenaline he had, spent. His heart was pounding as he breathed heavily. With a sad scowl on his face, he straightened up and raised his sword toward the arena. A final salute to a brave soul, a partner...and friend. As he did so, a mist began to close in around the structure barring it from view and leaving only the picturesque field around him.

He did not revel in the sight of it however, and only looked down at her sword. The weapon of such a woman would not be left here, or even kept by him. He was not worthy to keep the weapon of such a person. Viper instead meant to return it to her fellow knights. Perhaps they would be able to honor her sacrifice better than he could ever hope to do. Syliras. That would probably be the best place to go then. With one final glance toward the structure and woman he could no longer see, he headed toward Syliras, her face and and strength of character forever etched into his mind.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Accolade on January 1st, 2013, 1:17 am

Viper

Lores
Lore Earned
Pulled into her world
Fighting along side A Syliran Squire
Run now and live to fight another day.

Septimus

Lores
Lore Earned
A return to a nightmare
Dragons in Mizahar Oh my!
Facing off against an over powering enemy.

Notes :
You two are insane, and wow what an imagination! I really enjoyed this thread.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous