Closed Working Backwards (Kel'Ashun)

Nasrin gets to know someone with whom she shared an intimate moment.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Working Backwards (Kel'Ashun)

Postby Nasrin on December 22nd, 2012, 5:50 pm

6th of Winter, 512 AV

Furs, Fins, and Feathers

Nasrin cursed out loud, narrowing her eyes and cursing again when the exhalation of air condensed and left her lips in a puff of white.

This damnable cold!

She'd never experienced such horribly unpleasant temperatures in her life. Goosebumps rose in a fresh wave across her exposed skin, unshielded by her relatively thin cotton garments. There had never before been a need for anything heavier, especially among the burning heat of the Ahnatep sun and sand. It did get chilly in the desert at night, but it was nothing a roaring bonfire and strong drink couldn't remedy. Here, in The Spires, the cold seemed to seep into everything she touched, down into her very bones.

So, Nasrin had decided, it was time for a shopping trip. She'd heard tell that the tannery was having a sale on furs, and it would be foolish for her not to take advantage of it. She made good money at Scintillating Scents but that was no reason not to get a bargain when she could. This far from home, it was prudent to keep a nest egg for some kind of emergency. Thinking of her last 'emergency' brought a slight flush to her chilled cheeks. A chance encounter with a rather formidable Akalak had left her quite satisfied, but the aftermath of such affairs tended to be rather stressful, considering she'd not been taking any kind of herbs to prevent...accidents. She'd had to endure the embarassment of asking Sahashkalila for something to remedy the situation, and it had cost her a bit of coin she hadn't planned on spending. Out of paranoia, or perhaps hope, she'd purchased enough for three seasons' dosage, determined not to encounter such troubles again. Any...interaction she had with males would not cause stress for her anymore. It was with those flushed cheeks that she entered the tannery, nodding to the imposing Myrian that worked there and studiously ignoring the Kelvic.

She ran her hands over a fine, buttery deer pelt, which had immediately caught her eye. Picking it up, she also chose a small pair of lynx fur gloves. She only needed one pair, considering she already owned gloves for her upper pair of hands. To this pile, on a whim, she also added a few necklaces with charming bone beads. The lot would cost her a pretty penny but she knew that Ayana could make her some good winter clothing from this pelt.

Approaching the shopkeeper she placed her chosen items upon the counter and fished in her pack, producing twenty shiny gold mizas and handing them over.

Purchases :
1 deer pelt - 15 gm
1 pair lynx fur gloves - 3 gm
2 bone necklaces - 2 gm
This is me speaking Arumenic.
This is me speaking Common.
This is me speaking Shiber
This is me using Hypnotism
Nasrin
Player

Words: 44382
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2012, 5:52 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Working Backwards (Kel'Ashun)

Postby Kel'Ashun on January 1st, 2013, 2:14 am

Even through a puff of breath, its moisture turned to a glittering white mist in the frigid air, Ash smiled. Gods man, even in this cold? Does your energy know no bounds? "Not when you keep me cooped up for so long Kel." I told you not to talk out loud! Others wont understand. Yes, yes. As you say all mighty one, I bow to your magnanimous wisdom. Kel harrumphed indignantly. Ash laughed aloud and let his eyes wander, slowly taking in all around him...

You know what I regret? No. What? Oh don't sound so sullen my brother, you know how I love to tease you.
Ash grinned again. What I really regret is the fact that all this ice makes the branches slippery. I can't go for a run like I did before without slipping and falling into those vines below... and trying to get out of those damned nets is a real pain in the arse. That is the only thing that bothers you? Really? Not the cold, or our particular lack of direction recently? Oh come now Kel. I leave the worrying up to you, what else are you good for? Ash was met with stony silence, Kel having decided that that was not worthy of further comment.

Heh, finally. Now maybe I can actually find some fun around here. Ash knelt down, his hand running across the cold, slick ground with a deft stroke. For a moment he merely stayed there, occasionally muttering to himself," Without sliding..." Suddenly that mischievous smile split his face once more," Maybe that's JUST what I want." No. Don't you dare Ash. I swear it, you are going to be the death of us. I know it. Kel. Would you be so kind as to be quiet?

It only took him a few minutes to find a tree path with a good slope... and with a few running steps, a hop, and a whoop of excitement he was off. He landed on booted feet, using the momentum to glide. As he slid down and down his speed slowly picked up, as did his elation, hell... he even did a few extra hops and spins as he went. But once again Kel broke in on his reverie. Ash... I hate to interrupt this little... jaunt but, did you think how you were going to stop at all?

Oh... That may be a problem. Well not for long. Ash... Watch out for that tree. Ash groaned his body already bracing for the impact. Well at least all those branches are likely to cushion me a bit. Right? You had better hope so.

There was a resounding crash, accompanied by the snapping of twigs and a distinct ripping of cloth... Ash tumbled through the branches and vines each one slowing him a bit more until, at last, he tumbled to a stop, his back to the thick bole of the tree. Surprisingly he just stood up ,fairly unharmed, nothing more than a few bruises to show for his little bout of childish fun," See. Told ya we'd be fine." Shut up Ash.

Ash could almost hear Kel cataloging their hurts, taking note of each scrape and laceration, for Ash himself was not likely to do so, and it only made him smile all the more. Truly, why should he worry when he had a whole other person to do that lot for him?

There was, however, one thing that Ash did care about... he did a quick check of his clothes. His leather pants and high boots, as durable as they were comfortable, had taken no more than some minor scuffs in the tumble. His shirt was well intact, having been protected by his old coat. Said coat itself though... It had taken most of the damage, the fabric torn and shredded. It could still serve, but would look a mess. He couldn't have that.

Hey Kel, Isn't there a tanner nearby? Yes In fact its pretty close. I'd just follow your nose, I'm sure you'll get there. Ash shrugged and took a tentative whiff... and immediately regretted it. Oh yeah that is a tanner's all right. The smell nearly made him gag, but it was enough to lead him to the shop. Furs, Fins, and Feathers eh? Sounds interesting. Ash's white teeth shone brightly as he opened the door and stepped into the shop...
Kel'Ashun
Player

Words: 29163
Joined roleplay: October 10th, 2012, 2:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook