Unique/special weapons

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Unique/special weapons

Postby Telk on January 3rd, 2013, 2:38 pm

Whats the current situation on unique weapons? I don't necessarily mean epically powerful magic swords that grant the user stunning strength and stamina, but a blade that's known among certain people, that has a name and a background, maybe even a unique shape, or a spear, or a bow etc.

Perhaps we can make up some old ones that can be scattered around Mizahar to be found at the storytellers leisure?
Telk
| Male | Human-Inarta | Warrior |
Character Sheet | A Plain Day(Open) | What is a Blacksmith?(Open)
Telk
Yard

Words: 13390
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Unique/special weapons

Postby Evalin on January 3rd, 2013, 9:16 pm

Hey Telk!

What you seem to be asking for are unique items which are highly different from the average run in the milll equipment. All such items would require the approval of your local ST or founder, and then must of course be acquired in a modded thread set up with the ST. You cannot simply start off with such weapons/items. You have to earn them in RP usually in some form of dangerous quest or life threatening situation. My suggestion is PM Phoenix or Sphinx about your ideas and see what they say :)

Oh and be sure you have worked out what exactly you are wanting! It makes the mods job a lot easier if they do not have to come up with the entire quest, plots and such on their own. Be sure to give them plenty of ideas to work with :D

Good luck!
Evalin
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Unique/special weapons

Postby Telk on January 3rd, 2013, 10:03 pm

Oh indeed, my apologies if I seemed like I was requesting one for myself, I am not. I was wondering if, to enrich the myths and legends lore we could create a few and scatter them around the land, giving the STs the chance to grant them where they see fit
Telk
| Male | Human-Inarta | Warrior |
Character Sheet | A Plain Day(Open) | What is a Blacksmith?(Open)
Telk
Yard

Words: 13390
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Unique/special weapons

Postby Kassius Selacs on January 3rd, 2013, 11:44 pm

http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Artifact_list

There are actually quite a few OP weapons in PC hands
Kassius Selacs
Player