Xhyvas

God of Transcendence and Possibilities.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Xhyvas

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 6:28 am

Xhyvas

ImageInformation Forthcoming!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Xhyvas

Postby Red on January 2nd, 2013, 3:29 pm

Red has started to venerate Xhyvas since he won his freedom from the fighting ring in Sunberth two years ago. He typically prays to him to aid him in his quest for a name, and to help him choose a better possible future for himself.

Hello, Lord Xhyvas. The nameless one here. I just wanted to do my usual thing and thank you for showing me that you don't have to stick to the one road in life, and that there are countless possibilities that you can choose from. Thank you again for showing me the path out of the arena, and allowing me to transcend from the life of a simple, close-minded slave to the man I am today, and hopefully further beyond this in the time to come. I ask that you aid me in finding my true name, and in guiding me to choose the right possibilities in the days to come. I hope the endless possibilites of what awaits us in Darva if we get permitted to accompany Charm please you. I'll try my best to pick the good ones. Have a good day!

Red
Team Wren

Words: 48597
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2012, 12:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Xhyvas

Postby Wrenmae on January 4th, 2013, 3:02 am

Winter 68, 512 AV

Silence invaded his dorm room, sown with the strings of sleeping students and empty halls. Sitting on the side of his bed, Wrenmae let his gaze escape from the room and out, through the window, across the white-backed buildings of Zeltiva and to the open sea. In one hand he held a vial, filled with nothing more ambitious than water. Looking down at it, he studied the way it flowed within the confines of its prison, set it aside.

“Xhyvas,” He spoke the name as though summoning, the syllables rolling off his tongue and slipping through pursed lips, “I have not spoken to you before, nor do I know if you can hear me, but my name is Wrenmae and I would have a word.” Silence answered his words like resounding roars…invisible beasts without vocal chords, mighty and yet intangible. “I am a man accustomed to solitude. Although I fill my days with the presence of people, none follow me back to my home, none stay by my side. I have read you are regarded as a god of possibility, a god of transcendence…but the text was not clear as to what possibilities or transcendence that was. I speak to you on behalf of myself, a man who seeks betterment, who seeks to be more than what I am.”

Standing, he crossed the room to the window, staring out into the gloom. “I have pursued the arts of Hypnotism to make my will stronger than my peers, the art of morphing to become more than what I am, and the art of reimancy and voiding to transmute my will to force…but these are but extensions of my full capability, my tapped potential.” Holding out his hands, the mage clenched them, frustrated, shoving them down on the sill with enough force to numb them. “I am only a man, only Wrenmae, only made of this blood, flesh, this muscle. I can bring a city to its knees, I can break the minds of my betters, but I am not greater than myself, greater than my peers.”

A sigh softly fluttered past his lips, reigned in only by the drawing of breath. “Were you ever human, Lord Xhyvas…or were you made a God? We struggle against the shackles we were born with, some even cast aside that humanity seeking eternity, or seeking power. What is your will, Xhyvas, what do you get out of elevation…out of Transcendence? Are you the god Sagallius prayed to before he ascended? Are you the god Uldr prayed to when he thought to shake Kihala’s rules of life and become immortal? What part do you play in our world, Xhyvas, what plots, what dreams, what ambitions do you have?”

Answered only in the language of stillness, Wrenmae turned from the window and returned to the bed. “You would find me a capable companion, Lord Xhyvas…a servant, a friend. I tell you that my will is boundless, my hopes, my dreams…I will mark this world before I go…I just…”

He trailed off.

Did you know? There are so many humans because the gods want so little of them. Die and be spit back upon the earth, but you will never be greater than the wretch you are

“I want to be more.”

He lowered his head, closing his eyes.

“Teach me how.”

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)