Closed A Lonely Impulse of Delight

Laszlo and Fia pretend they're not dreadfully sad.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A Lonely Impulse of Delight

Postby Fia Eaven on November 24th, 2012, 8:52 am

91st of Fall

She did tend to make an entrance. When Laszlo's door opened, Fia was a portrait of uncertainty in its frame. A bag lay over her feet and another was slung across her back. Her limbs and stance were drawn in, down to the tilt of her chin. She lifted her head to smile, trying to summon some of the glow that fed her spirit. It was scant stuff recently. Her voice was husky as it strung hopes together, betraying its disuse.
"I thought about it. And I'd like to come in." To his house, life, confidence? The phrase felt purposefully broad. "You're right. It's not good to be alone. You start to feel like smoke. Going to pieces and floating away from the world." Her fingertips rubbed together then flung their invisible creation away. "If you changed your mind, I'm sorry, but it's too late." Her laugh rose and fell in a nervous swell.
It was a better than good partnership to Fia. Laszlo would ensure her shoes were never stolen by himself or others, and she would make certain he never ran out of the house without a pair. She couldn't clarify their roles beyond that. They would share loneliness and by doing so, slowly destroy it.

Fia Eaven
May She Live Like Some Green Laurel

Words: 74775
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2009, 5:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Laszlo on November 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm

It was always impossible to argue when Fia showed up and imposed her company. She simply had that disarming, undeniable quality. Laszlo looked her up and down, a poor, lost woman carrying everything she owned. And she bared her heart to him, the way she had gotten into the habit of doing.

Rubbing the side of his neck, Laszlo smiled, more broadly and warmly than he had in a long time. What am I doing? The thought occurred in his head, but it was promptly brushed aside. She was helping him, and he needed it. There were concerns, caveats, secrets—for the moment forgotten. They could be dealt with in their own time.

Laszlo stooped and picked up the bag at her feet. "Come in. I'll show you your room."

Finis.
In the daytime I am one of Syna's fallen.
At night, I am Symenestra.
Laszlo
Team Imass!

Words: 635811
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 3:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Whimsy on January 27th, 2013, 7:44 am

Fia Eaven

Experience Lore
+1 Persuasion The Changing Colours of Ethaefal
+3 Observation The Shinya and Magic
+1 Astronomy Placelessness
Iraltu’s Observatory
The Notion of Beauty
Moving in with Laszlo

Laszlo

Experience Lore
+1 Storytelling Fia’s Unique Entrances
+3 Observation Lhavit in the Fall
+1 Astronomy The Temple of Time: Tanroa’s Statue
Peace Comes in Time
Fia’s Resilience
Letting Go of the Past

Comments
Yet another lovely thread from both of you. I loved seeing the progression of Fia's grief to acceptance, contrasted against a bit of Laszlo's bitterness against the world for losing Abalia and Duvalyon. Laszlo, I gave you the storytelling for recounting how you got your name. Fia, I gave you persuasion for managing to get the hermit scholar out of his room! While perhaps not the right name for it, I gave you both astronomy for recognising the storm clouds on the horizon. If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me.

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."
Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Words: 121180
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous