Greetings and well met!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings and well met!

Postby Kamalia Timandre on September 9th, 2009, 8:42 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!

You can call me Kamalia or Kammy. :P Samantha or Sammy.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

I've played in another play-by-post roleplaying game. I played and run a lot of roleplays online and I used to roleplay in a MUD and a MUCK.

I've also played in a few tabletop roleplaying games. I did some roleplaying in a few MMORPGs back then, if that counts!

3. How did you find us?

Through Vanderlou! 8D (YOU'RE SOOOOO GOOOD~)

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

Other players say that I'm descriptive. My characters are often beautiful, sophisticated and prideful. I like magick, and I like my characters to have a dash of magic, or be spellcasting prodigies. They are also often borderline mary sues, with great flaws of pride, ego and even vanity. Sometimes, my characters tend to talk people down and are narcissistic. I really enjoy playing strong-willed, arrogant females.

But I probably won't do that with my Konti.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

Hmm, that would be culture, customs and protocols, politics, magic, music, law, high society and diplomacy. I also like to write about adventures and war. Writing about an ordinary life of an ordinary person also seems appealing. Perhaps if I find the time, I'll make a human chef, or even a musician one day.

I love character development; witty conversations, subtlety and meaningful dialogues amuse me.

You probably won't see me playing an amazon or any warrior character. I don't feel like playing as a character who relies on weapons and physical strength too much.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

The Konti. They are a very beautiful race, and I hope to be able to help on expanding it.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

Non-working links and incomplete information made me feel frustrated. I seem to be the first player to play as a Konti. That's kind of sad, really!

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

A great story to be told and plenty of character development. I wish to see how a person like Kamalia Timandre survive such a time and place.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

Cultures, customs, practices of the races! Magic and other eldritch skills. Reimancy, and all about the Konti.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

Hello! I am looking forward to roleplaying with you people! I'll probably be a konti working as a counselor or an adviser to a wealthy human for now. She's also going to be obsessed with her powers of Sight and the study of Magic. Tell me if you have suggestions or if you want to meet my character!
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Re: Greetings and well met!

Postby Malia on September 10th, 2009, 4:52 pm

We've already talked, but I gladly repeat my 'Welcome' here. :)

It was very interesting to read this introduction. Are you planning to visit Syliras? If we could have a thread there, that would be great! If not, well, my PC might be willing to travel in the future, so I hope we'll meet one day anyway.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Nya Winters on September 10th, 2009, 5:58 pm

Welcome!

I find it interesting your breaking out of your comfort zone with this pc, but not entirely doing so. I'm really trying to do that with mine too. My favorite type of PCs to play ... and probably the one everyone most remembers me for is the strong female type that never needs any help, or anyone else. It is really fun, and entertaining really - to be playing that PC that has an ingrained desire to serve another and thus is roaming around looking for a perfect fit.

I can see you making huge inroads on the Konti. I know your writing, and have crushed on it for years. I was really torn in character creation and almost made a Konti seer instead - also because they tend to be supporting characters and not necessarily the heroes of the story. So I can't wait to see what you do with her and how she turns out. I also think its great your throwing in a bit of magic into the mix!

Happy posting, and like Malia, I want a thread with you too someday if it can be arranged! Poor Nya needs a bondmate, and I'm not really picky if its male or female. So she'll be traveling until someone decides they can tolerate her enough to let her stick around... man-eater and all.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Tarot on September 10th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Welcome welcome. :) Looking forward to seeing Kamalia in action!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 10th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Does this mean I need to get off my rear and finish developing Mura? Welcome, my dear, you cannot know how lovely it is for me to see you join Mizahar. And thank you for bringing friends. It will be lovely reading all of your posts. That's one of the really wonderful things about Mizahar. It's like dozens of novels going on at once. I can really be entertained here far more than say waiting on a TV episode or picking up my favorite book which eventually ends anyhow.

Thank you... and I will start work on Mura and The White Isle again. My ultimate goal is to get to Wind Reach and settle in comfortably there when we have more interested moderators because I have big plans for that city. But in the mean time, Mura will get some much deserved attention. Thankfully August is over. The summer months are crazy busy for outdoors stuff - we're already having rain here - so its just a matter of time until I'm penned up inside again and crazy busy with development.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Colombina on September 15th, 2009, 10:41 pm

A little late, but welcome to the game! I also see you're already recruiting for us ::high fives::.

Now, as per tradition, your zany welcome cake. A heartfelt gift from me to you.

OMG! DON'T EAT THE BABY! Nooooooo!
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)