Greetings and salutations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Ka'Rael on February 10th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm Jonas (although some prefer to refer to me by one of my middle names; Sebastian) of Denmark. I'm a 24-year-old roleplayer with experience primarily from Dungeons & Dragons (Forgotten Realms) and Vampire: The Masquerade (Modern), although as far as that goes I've been doing online text-based RP since I was 15. I did my time on Neverwinter Nights RP-dedicated servers and later mIRC.

As far as forum RP goes, it is primarily something I've done on the side with live chat games - although I had a short stint with a Star Wars-themed forum RP.

However, A) I am an officer in the Royal Danish Army and B) I've always been as much of a writer as an RP'er, oftentimes being sneered at for my walls of text in mIRc-based RPs and the virtual wiki empires I created for my characters with umpteen pages dedicated to elaborate background stories.

So for reason A (i.e. time, as much time available as the fact that having to be online at the same time as americans means I can't really get any sleep due to my work hours!) and reason B (the format would probably work for me anyway) I want to try it out!

I've recently converted to Paleo, and pehaps for that reason I'm very interested in a somewhat nature-oriented character. I'm currently primarily looking into Chaktawe and Kelvic. I look very much forward to seeing all of you out there on the RP dance floor :)

Post scriptum:

I found the site via a google search for 'forum based roleplay' and although I at first clicked a direct link, I also found the place partially due to it being listed as number one on a list of forum based roleplaying sites (I've sadly misplaced the link to it). This place looks rather professional; especially the aesthetics appealed to me. I went directly onwards to the chat and found the initial welcome pleasing.
Ka'Rael
Stalwart. Loyal. Ferocious. Simple. Tiger.

Words: 27193
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Kiran Pelyna on February 10th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Welcome! I like the sound of you as a Roleplayer, if you're as descriptive as you say you'll be a very sought after roleplaying partner.

Go for the Chaktawe, they're less played and I'd personally love to see one. There are way too many kelvics around. I'd also love to roleplay with one so you should do it.

Of course you have five character slots you can fill so if in the future you want to do the other race you can. But I know how difficult first character races can be to chose, take your time. The more time you take the better your character is likely to be. Make sure you read up on the lore, all you can find. Read the starting guide because I know CS liaisons hate it when people don't follow it. I hate it when I see a blatant disregard for Mizahar lore in a CS sheet.

If you have any questions about the site or making a sheet Chat is always there to help, as are the mods. Most mods love questions and helping people. Of course I will also happily answer any questions you might have, but I'm just a player not a mod.

Anyways I can't wait to see your character sheet and to maybe roleplay with you with one of my characters. Welcome to Mizahar and I hope you enjoy it!

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Elysium on February 11th, 2013, 3:49 pm

e
Greetings!

Welcome to Mizahar, Ka'Rael. I have a lot of experience with Vampire: the Masquerade and Neverwinter Nights as well! Good to meet a fellow nerdface. :)

I think a good piece of advice would be to read through more than just race if you're truly interested in a nature-oriented character. For example, you should read through Gnosis magic and Phylonura. Regardless of race, you still have the opportunity to take botany, herbalism and wilderness survival skills! The most important aspect of character creation is that you're inspired by whatever you create. It's not about what they are, but rather who they are.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

e
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ka'Rael on February 13th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Fellow nerdface indeed!

Thank you for the advise, I'll definitely look into it. As far as characters goes, it is easy to find whether or not a character inspires. The kind of characters that drags you in and ends up with a life of their own are indeed the inspiring ones :)

At Kiran Pelyna;

Well, sadly - I did go with the Kelvic concept. Although that won't keep me from looking into a Chaktawe character at a later notion - multiple characters isn't my style though. If one character isn't 'enough' then that character isn't good enough, that's my idea.

Hope to see you in RP one way or the other though!
Ka'Rael
Stalwart. Loyal. Ferocious. Simple. Tiger.

Words: 27193
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal