PM to join Will You Walk Into My Parlour? [Various Parties]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Will You Walk Into My Parlour? [Various Parties]

Postby Zandelia on February 13th, 2013, 7:23 pm

40th Winter, 512 AV – A Dream Within A Dream

Consciousness came suddenly, there was no gradual realization or memory of what had come before, only the scratching scratches of a quill that jerked its way across a sheaf of parchment. Vision came first, bubbling in a close second to the physical motions of her arm, her wrist delicately crossing a letter before she dipped the point of her quill into the ink well once more. The message was hazy, the writing upon it neither clear enough to be read or understood as its fogged appearance caused her to frown. She paused with quill half-pulled from the ink and drops rejoining their brethren slowly. She looked at the heavy oaken desk before her, felt the plush comfort of the high-backed chair she was sat in and found confusion rushing into her mind

“How in the name of the Goddess did I get here?” she asked the empty room.

Looking around her vision was the third thing to truly coalesce, the rectangular nature of the stone room emerging for her eyesight, followed swiftly by two large fires that were aflame and spitting slightly as the sap of the wood was heated. Bookcases, tables, chairs and rugs appeared as if through cheap glass, always there but she had not known of them before. A large door was opposite her and she found herself in-advertently raising herself towards her feet – quill and message now forgotten. She was not so much puzzled now as fearful, if she was caught in such a place then she would surely suffer for her intrusion. She stepped sideway, extricating herself from the chair and walking towards the fireplaces. Warmth hit her next, the sense of touch now dulling her initial panic with its comforting embrace.

“Where am I?”

You’re home of course… the setting whispered secretly into her skull.

Memory returned then, though it was fractured and she would never guess it to be so. She smiled and rubbed her hands together in front of the flames to ease her knuckles as the ache of too much writing helped to enforce the illusion of reality. She stretched her back a little, her worries now forgotten and her mind fixed upon the task before her – she had been helping to create false information upon one of her client’s fronts, a small business that sold more drugs than it did weapons but she would see to it that they were not subsumed beneath the petty cruelties of the law, it would not do to inhibit free trade for all parties after all. She returned to her desk after a few moments and read through what she had already written.

“Hmmm, so far so good. We have someone working on those who would gain from accusation, hands sifting and selling off the merchandise before the premises are searched, clean up being done to dismiss any evidence from the picture…” she muttered to herself as she tried to discern all possible variables and outcomes.

It was a foolish task, she knew, but one she rather enjoyed doing. Puzzles were interesting until they were solved so the more complex the better for her mind, the more it would be improved. People were just another kind of puzzle after all and they were so infinitely complex one could never become bored. She expected no company this night and so had plenty of time to think as she jotted a few random notations upon a scrap piece of parchment beside what would soon become the finished product.

She paused again, twisting the long stemmed quill between the tips of her fingers, lips pursed in concentration.

Pleasure, enjoyment…miss-direction she smiled to herself as she did so.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on February 15th, 2013, 3:49 am

A vast open expanse, far further than the eyes could see, the ears could hear or the mind could feel. The whiteness was blinding, so blinding that one might be forced to close one's eyes, to hide in the safety of darkness. So blinding that perhaps the world might become that darkness, and all was obsidian.

Therein lay one person in that darkness, not seeing, not hearing, not feeling. But all he could receive are jumbled emotions, bits of thought, and strange understanding. Some might say that it could be likened to the transmission of data from Auristics, even Evantia, but in a muddled and broken manner.

And in a distance that person picked up something familiar. The words that appealed to the mind, that brought feelings of familiarity and comfort. And so the person in the lonely darkness moved his mind - moved his spirit - in that direction. The words held no meaning to him at this point, nor the shape, but only the vague hint of understanding.

Then a word stumbled to his lips.

"Zandelia."

And the world was well again. Little, trickling bits of light erupted throughout the starry nights, warm fires emerged in pockets throughout the cold void, and the world was well again. The scratching of the quill introduced comforting sounds in the midst of the defeaning silence. And all was whole again.

And so Eridanus gradually phased beside the familiar-yet-not-familiar woman he met in one fateful night in the library in Sunberth.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Kelmar Hedos on February 17th, 2013, 3:05 am

Elsewhere, a young man had his first dream in over five years. He knew it was a dream because when he woke up, he was not in his room. In fact, as far as he could tell, he was nowhere.

For a brief moment, there was no sensation at all. Then, like someone was pouring water over his head, bits and pieces of information began to trickle in. A smell here. A touch there. A wall slowly materialized in front of him. The smell of burning wood started dimly but grew stronger. Piece by piece, this reality began to make itself know to his senses, until he was standing in a rectangular room adorned with rugs and chair and bookcases. On either side, two fires burned, their gentle roar hearing the room to a comfortable temperature while the stone walls kept the heat contained. On one side of the room, a simple desk sat, and opposite that a large door.

However, there was one thing he couldn't see that he expected to: himself. Kelmar's vision rotated down, expecting to see his usual self clad in a cloak and dark clothes, but instead he saw naught but the floor. For a moment his mind panicked, but a single piercing thought entered his mind. Disappear. At that instant, Kelmar found himself beside one of the bookshelves, hidden in its shadow. Completely unseen. At once, the young man understood. He was graced with shadow, being unseen yet seeing all. These thoughts resounded within his mind, and immediately he found himself in the center of the room again.

This time, the room had an occupant. A woman he had not seen in nearly as long as it had been since he dreamed.

If there was a way for him to remain unseen, then surely there was a way to make himself seen again. Without even asking, he instantly knew, a ghost of whisper coming from deep inside his nothingness and reaching the dark recesses of his brain. Slowly, he took a step forward, putting one foot forward. As he did, that keg became visible, the dark clothes of his usual attire coming along with it and entering this reality. As his other foot moved forward to meet it, Kelmar's body in its entirety stepped forward from nothingness, materliazing in the room as simply as if he'd passed an invisible curtain. His black clothes hidden benath a long grey cloak were of their usual mediocre quality, but they were fine enough to serve their purpose. What more could he ask?

"Miss Zandelia," the spy greeted, bowing his head towards the woman sitting at the desk. The woman who started him on his path, the woman who took his broken soul and made him who he was, the one who taught him to twist words and shadows like thread, tug at them and watch puppets on the far side dance. Whatever had brought them both here, he would not question. All he knew was that if this woman was here, he had something he needed to do.
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting
Kelmar Hedos
What you don't know can hurt you

Words: 144882
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 3:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liena on February 17th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Sleep had overcome Liena like a sucker punch to the face, when was the last time she had slept? Not for a few days at least, perhaps more? Liena couldn’t remember, to be honest she didn’t even remember where she was sleeping but she knew this was not reality and it was not the nightmares that usually plagued her because they always started off the same, that same room with that same little boy.

This world was not reality but as she looked around she understood where she was, she was home back in Mura. The sounds of children laughing and playing echoed in her ears and the smell of her mother’s famous dinners filled her nose. Her bedroom was just as she left it, her bed perfectly neat with an air of OCD and upon her dresser lay her suvai – stepping forward Liena grasped it with a sure grip before she attached it to the white belt that hugged her hips. Her eyes were drawn to the door however; the door where all the laughter was coming from and she knew that she couldn’t stay in the comfort of this room much longer. Something was calling her out.

Glancing down at herself she noted her bare feet and the casual white outfit she often wore though she didn’t have the protection of the cloak she had grown so attached to. Her waist length hair was free; the pastel strands caught the light and reflected silver and gold in response as they fanned out across her small frame. Flexing her hands she noted she did not hold the typical weakness she did in the real world and a smile graced her lips at this fact, it was a dream after all she wasn’t plagued by the limitations of her real world. Finally with a deep breath she stepped forward and pulled open the door of her bedroom only to be blinded by a white light causing her to hold up her hand for a brief moment in an attempt to shield herself from it.

After a moment the white light subdued and she stepped into a room that was as white as the light that had so rudely assaulted her when she opened the door, in fact she could almost camouflage into the room if she wished considering her own natural paleness and the clothes she wore. Liena glanced around and at first saw nothing, and then standing there in the middle of everything was Zandelia. “Oh…” The whisper that pressed past her rose colored lips echoed around like the sound of a pin dropping in total silence. Stepping forward the pads of Liena’s bare feet muffled the sound of her steps while she brought a warm grin to her lips remembering the female from all those years ago and the trouble they constantly danced on the edge of. “…You are an unexpected sight to see.”

Because of my work schedule I might not be able to get to my posts for a few days, just be patient with me please =)
Liena
I see what guides you

Words: 20245
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2013, 3:27 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on February 17th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Where am I?

In the land of fabulous magicalities.

The voice replied with a witty edge to its tounge and a spark in its tone, an energy vibrated within that was far more corporeal than materialistic. Ana's own voice seemed hollow, it echoed within her mind, and was nothing more than caged sound waves hitting the walls of her skull and bouncing away to hit another part of wall.

Oh, how delightful.

She chided, sarcasm thick on her tounge- or if she even had a tounge.

Isn't it?

The voice asked her, ecstatic, but it soon faded.

There was nothing but blackness around her and so she could have assumed she was still laying in bed trying to sleep, as usual, nothing different there. However there was a sneaking suspicion she was indeed sleeping, her body felt disenchanted to any physical restraints there could have been, and when ever she tried to move and look for her body below her, or for her hands and feet, all she felt was this hoverish, floaty, a bit of light airyness to her now dissapeared body.

Okay, seriously, where am I?

Why don't you look?

Ana attempted to look but found she had no eyes, she was just a ball of conscienceness, lazily floating about, or as it felt, in the air. There were scritches, and scratches somewheres in the background, rhythmetic and enjoyable, if it were not for that growing tingle towards the bottom of her, where ever it was, and the swaying dizzyness slowly accumulating at the top of her, lets say her head. When she tried again, she began to panic as her darkened and unenchanting world began to free fall. Falling with a whoosh of air, and then a loud crack, as if she had landed on something.

I CAN'T!!

YES YOU CAN!!

STOP CONTRADICTING ME!!

ONLY if you learn how to see first.

There was a verbal shouting match between Ana's voice, and the voice which had seemingly joined her for the ride. Whatever had happened earlier? She felt herself layed on the side, on something hard, there was nothing to guide her travels and the feeling was all around uncomfortable to be unable to move. As if her arms had been melded to her body, and her legs had become one, her head and eyes.. Oh.. What happened to her head and eyes?! She couldn't see! For the life of her she was unable to open them at will, how could she learn to see if they weren't even there? The voice seemed it was able to read her mind, or it could see her nonexistant facial features.

Auristics..

Oh for the love of all that is divine!

Seriously. No more hints!

What am I first? This is obviously not my body.

You're a pen.

Ana paused, if she had a face, it must have looked like a cross between dumbfoundedness and even more surprise wrapped up into a little ball of irritated inglorious proportions. She was too stunned to say much, and anything that she did was mechanical, she tried to grab for sanity and watched it metaphorically slip away.

I'm a what?

I said you're a pen.

I'm a what?

A PEN, for gods sake. Get over it.

There was a pause, Ana tried to wrap her mind around what this voice was saying but before she could work out the technicalities of that even working- she was picked up once more, waved about, and the little scritch scratches began once more as she tried to figure out what the heck just happened, or how it happened.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)