Krysus

Goddess of Pain and Murder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Krysus

Postby Gillar on January 2nd, 2013, 6:11 am

Krysus

ImageKrysus is the Goddess of Murder. She is one of the youngest of the divine in that she was born from the death of Sylir, God of Peace and Civilization. When Rhysol killed Sylir during the chaos of the Valterrian, such a devastating act of murder sent shockwaves throughout Mizahar and beyond; a shockwave great enough that it reached the long dead remains of one of the old gods that existed long before the arrival of the humans; an ancient being known only as Xhyvus. At that moment, a child was born, a girl. This was no ordinary child to be sure for she was spawned from the remains of an ancient being and awoken by divine murder. Inheriting the essence of her ancient predecessor, she took up the mantle of murder from the act that created her. A child as far as the divine are concerned, she took the name, Krysus and declared herself Goddess of Murder and Pain.

Following the death of Sylir and the imprisonment of Ivak, the world fell into an era of chaos and despair. Pain and murder were a way of life for many and thus Krysus' divine power grew. In the tumultuous time of the Valterrian and for some time after, Krysus' existence went unnoticed. That was until her power became too much to dismiss. As the other gods and goddesses finally realized that another of their kind had been created, enemies and allies were immediately made. Rhysol was the first of the dark gods to approach her via a messenger. Although indirectly responsible for her creation, Rhysol was seen by Krysus as too unstable and not to be trusted. The meeting ended with Krysus slaying the messenger outright as a way of telling Rhysol she wanted nothing to do with him. Enraged at first, Rhysol realized that such a creature could only aid him in spreading instability throughout the world.

The other gods looked on Krysus with mixed opinions. Some saw her as a necessary evil that could possibly help restore balance to the world while still others saw her as a terrible threat that should be disposed of before it was too late. Krysus has proven very difficult to remove however as attempts to kill her have been met with terrible pain and death to those sent to do the deed.

Over the five centuries since the beginning of her divine existence, Krysus had developed a powerful following among murderers, assassins and like-minded individuals. She has also created her own formal cult of ruthless assassins known as the Mortanis. This cult is comprised of individuals from all races and walks of life who excel in the act of murder and who enjoy the pain others feel as they die upon Mortanis blades. The Mortanis are not mindless in their killing and do not do so randomly as such things are the domain of Rhysol. Instead, they act with purpose and when they kill, they do so for a reason. Only elite killers are offered entry into the Mortanis; those with proven, unchallenged skill in the art of murder. The Mortanis operate throughout Mizahar and secretly offer their services to those with mizas enough to pay.

Those who have interacted with Krysus, both mortal and divine, describe her as being much like a teenage human girl during consumed by mood swings and prone to temper tantrums.

Krysus' symbol is that of a bloody handprint. Those who act on the will of Krysus, namely the Mortanis, leave a bloody handprint upon their victims as a sign to others that the touch of Krysus can reach anyone.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Krysus

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on January 15th, 2013, 7:20 am

The 61st of Winter, 512 A.V - Kuvay'Nas Lodge

Riaris rolled over and sat on the floor. His legs bent and crossed over the other as he calmed his mind and allowed his limbs to relax. The Akalak cleared his mind, allowing all thoughts to wither way, even as he could still feel the burning in his muscles from the exercise he had just finished. Riaris breathed easily, the thumping of his heart within his chest slowly steadying back to a normal pace and his body started to cool off as well. He sat there for a while in silence, neither soul speaking as their combined effort worked to blend their minds and body as one.

"Krysus my Goddess..It is your servant Riaris/Recoomas. There is work to be done and I ask for your guidance in this matter. There is a Zith hunt I must undertake. Those disgusting beast are proving a problem once again. If I have my way..and I will. Soon there won't be any left on this planet, nor ever to be born again. Lead me your guidance on this day, or sit back and watch as I shed their blood and forced upon them more pain and suffering than their simple minds could have ever imagined. All in your Name my Goddess.. Perhaps once I'd destroyed them all I'll turn my attentive gaze towards those filthy, spider-like Symenestrans."

The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Krysus

Postby Floh on February 17th, 2013, 7:01 pm

38th Of Winter

Your presence is pure and primal not only in the realm of man but found within the realm of nature. You are a patron for predators. I a Dhani see you for what you are, a hunter of both man and animal.

I see the truth many make there claim to divinity perched upon your shoulders any weapon ever devised, fear, death all manners of curse disease and poison even personal magics and certain gnosis are nothing except tools used to inflict pain physically or mentally with the intent to murder there victim.

No righteous hand is truly exempt they all play your game, murder is murder is it not? For heroism or villainy it makes no distinction does it? They all must scrub there hands of another's blood no matter the reasoning it's just an excuse to rationalize there actions is it not? Ebonstryfe, Sylrian Knight it makes no difference.

I must travel to Ravok to become a soldier and learn the ways of the ebonstryfe I must pledge my loyalty to Rhysol to become a citizen. You are my favored god, and though I fear the darkness will consume my soul I pledge my hands in your service. Every man I cut down, every bone I break, every wound I inflict will be in your honor.

Of course it always will whether or not I pledge it.

By my hand or the hand that slays me it will always and forever pay homage to you from now till the end of time.

I see that at face value it's just a drop in the bucket.

I see your power Krysus I see it for what it is.

And it is marvelous

Rhysol may rob my mind and soul but the horrors I inflict in his agenda will be in your honor. My hands are yours if you wish it, and oath sworn I shall be to you
Floh
Slithering Away

Words: 17268
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2013, 2:17 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet