Open A Not So Warm Welcome

Thundiirn makes his way back to his family’s old home

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Not So Warm Welcome

Postby Natsuki on January 3rd, 2013, 9:55 am

Natsuki sat back and watched the fight. She quite enjoyed fights, she had been in a fair few herself but she did prefer it when they didn't involve her. The other kelvic seemed to be having a good time too, though taking on four opponents did seem to take it's toll on him. He defeated the men with little difficulty considering their size and number, but he was wounded. A sword to the shoulder, must have been painful. The man tried to stop the blood a torn piece of cloth but it wouldn't have helped much. He staggered forward onto his knees, this was when Natsuki decided it best to approach the stranger.

Hoping she didn't frighten the other kelvic but also knowing the only way to clean wounds was to lick them, blame her wolf instincts for that strange habit, the girl went over and licked the blood from the man's shoulder. Perhaps he would realise that she wasn't just some random wolf that was overly friendly and in fact a kelvic that was just looking out for others of her kind.

She heard the man called Lithan asked the other stranger into the house, on the condition that he told them his story. Natsuki was rather interested in that. She looked at the male kelvic, it wasn't safe her a kelvic to be wandering around Sunberth especially not when injured. But Natsuki wasn't sure if Lithan would take too kindly to having yet another stranger staying in his house. Either way, the wolf nudged the man's cheek with her nose before wandering back to the house. He could choose to follow her or continue on his journey.

When inside, Natsuki changed back to her human form and took a seat on the floor. She listened to the stranger's story, she had heard of Zeltiva but didn't know what a university was. According to this man, who still had failed to mention his name, he was in Sunberth looking for historical things. Hm. Fair enough, though it meant little to her. The stranger then asked to hear their stories.

“Uh” Natsuki started, “Was stolen from my family when I was really little, taken here, to Sunberth. But managed to escape and tried to find my way back to my family. Though... I can't remember anything about them... After lengthy searches, I sorta gave up. I came back here looking for a fight or two... I dunno...”

She didn't like talking about her past, so the girl looked over at Lithan and waited for him to tell his story.
I apologize in advance for all the fails ^.^
Natsuki
The quiet

Words: 12847
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2012, 3:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

A Not So Warm Welcome

Postby Gabriel Velox Furox Mors on January 13th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Stays on his knees and gives his head time to clear until he is able to regain balance again. Something starts licking his should, to offset to notice at first. Once he realizes the wolf he smiles and pets her lightly, but as he looks into her eyes he realizes she is kelvic. In this city being a kelvic was a dangerous thing, as much as he enjoyed seeing one of his own kind he appreciated her kindness. As she walked away he began to get up and test his balance, once it was safe enough for him to walk he followed her to the doorway. Seeing 2 others apart from her he smiled politely, though ragged looking at the moment. "Would you please point me in the direction of a good healer?"
Gabriel Velox Furox Mors
Player

Words: 12047
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2012, 4:43 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

A Not So Warm Welcome

Postby Thundiirn on January 27th, 2013, 6:10 am

Thundiirn listened attentively, searching for any hint of deceit or malicious intent. Finding none, seeing only innocence written in both their stories, he finally accepted that this really was just a ridiculous coincidence and that these people meant him no harm. Satisfied, he smiled.

"You want a story, hm? Well I suppose I can oblige. Doesn't look like much sleep is to be had tonight anyhow. I was born here, in this very room you have so graciously invaded, 28 years ago." He shot them a quick wink to assure that he did not actually mind the intrusion.
"My parents were merchants, and spent a great deal of their time in the business, leaving me to find my own way, and to find my own business. I chose drugs. Not the safest, or cleanest, but it worked for me and gave me my much needed rush of adrenaline regularly as a teen. My partner's name was Ondilo. The two of us had been thinking of starting our own Sunberth gang, work our way into the politics, ya know? Well, one of the current gangs found out, led by this piece of shyke Marco. Ondilo's body was never found, but I know that rat got to him. After that I fled with nothing but the clothes on my back, fearing I was next. I went to Zeltiva, fooled around there for a while, but it wasn't home. I lost contact with everyone in Sunberth. Don't even know where the parents are, thought they'd be here but I guess I took too long gettin' back.
Now that I'm here, I'm just looking to piece something back together. Zeltiva was good to me, but its streets just didn't do me like Sunberth's do. Too structured there in Zeltiva. And really, where in that city could I go home to find two intruders that have to spend the night because a brawl outside my front door? It just feels like...Home."

He smiled. It was good to finally get that off his chest, he had been holding it in from everyone for so long. A huge stress he hadn't even known he'd been carrying felt lifted from him, and with it came the relaxation of sleep. He trusted nothing further would happen tonight, possibly foolishly but done nonetheless. If his two companions were there in the morning, so be it. If not, he had lost a bit of unused space for one night. Thundiirn was pretty sure he'd live.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

His eyes shot open, temper flaring. He was charitable, but there was a limit.
There's no more room here! Go find somewhere else! he shouted.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Annoyed beyond all measure, he stood and walked to the makeshift table-door contraption, and pried it back a bit to peek out. It was the man that was fighting earlier in the streets, his arm was all torn up.
"Would you please point me in the direction of a good healer?" He supposed he could do that, so long as the man didn't want to sleep here. Pointing down the street, he gave the man directions to Doctor Petricious's Clinic.

"Just a word of warning, be in and out quickly." And with that, Thundiirn and his two strange roommates quickly fell off to sleep.
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Not So Warm Welcome

Postby Limey on March 4th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Thundiirn

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 5 Do Not Fall In Sunberth...
Planning 2 A Dog Or A Kelvic?
Negotiation 2 Natsuki: Not Much In The Way Of Modesty
Blood Is Messy, But So Are Lynch Mobs
Hope For The Best, Expect The Worst
Rather Do This Without Bloodshed...
The Rush Of Drama
Shelter For A Story
The Boy Is Back In Town

Natsuki

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 4 Gimme Shelter
Rhetoric 1 Thundriim: Previous Occupant
A New Shadow
Kel: Unwelcome Guest
Searching But Not Finding

Kel

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 3 Sunberth: One Big Hustle
Rhetoric 2 Any Roof In A Night
Street Theater In Sunberth
How I Came To Be (Here)

Gabriel

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Kukri 2 Smiling Despite The Odds
Brawling 1 Fighting A Group (Anyway You Can)
(Chaotic) Good Samaritan
Fight Done, Now To Heal

Shared Lore:
Telling Tales

Gabriel's Wounds:
- Stab wound to the left leg (needs healing within 7 days or it will turn gangrenous)
- Cracked ribs (also need medical attention and will be sore for three weeks)

Additional Notes :
Not a bad start, guys. On the whole you are good writers, but it didn't flow as neatly as it could have, so try to talk with each other a little more before you reply.

Gabriel, your premise was good but your writing needs a ton of improvement. Grammar and spelling were all over the place. Is English not your primary language? Might want to consider improving on it before you continue, or use a spell checker or proof reading to further improve before you post.

Also, Gabby, keep it realistic. You're a new player with low-ish skills and you took on five Sunberth thugs at once. I should have just had them rush you all at once and rip you apart, but you're new, so I'm letting it slide. Just make sure your next RP is to get healed up, or you're looking at death or crippling injury.

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office

Previous