How do these...Why did I do this again?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Lyall Gaius on March 20th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Tayn wrote:You are not alone. I'm new too and just trying to take it all in. To everyone - Hi! You guys are farther along then me I haven't even finished my character yet.

Oh my goodness, I remember that phase. For a while I thought there was no way I'd ever be able to read enough lore to make an acceptable PC, but after about a week of editing and reading and editing some more, it's done! (still a bit of a work in progress though...) Do you have the basic sort of idea for what you want though?
Lyall Gaius
A man of many words is a man of few deeds

Words: 19228
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2013, 5:21 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tayn on March 20th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Yeah I do! I've been doing a lot of reading into the Eypharians and I'm going to do a character whose learning the art of Semhu - it's like a combination of acting, dancing, singing, and martial arts. I think the character will leave his home city in disgrace after a major incident - maybe with this drug called "Mirage" that the Eypharians grow. Then I want him to travel around the world training his art and expanding his knowledge. I haven't fleshed him out much yet but I'm gonna throw some questions about Semhu in the Q&A and go from there!

And don't worry about it being a Work in progress... thats all the fun! A good character is always a WIP, ever changing :)
Tayn
Player

Words: 2616
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:52 pm
Race: Eypharian

Postby Lyall Gaius on March 20th, 2013, 11:58 pm

That sounds like a really good history. I really like it :) And I suppose you're right about good characters all being Works in progress, but right now my character sheet is a bit of a rush job so that I could post. Also, I needed the foundation of who he was to sort of build off of more or less...
Lyall Gaius

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tayn on March 21st, 2013, 12:54 am

I'm sure if you roleplay with him a bit the rest will come naturally. A little bit of roleplaying helps flesh out characters for me. I usually do the history part of my character before I get too far into personality because I kinda learn as I write yknow?

I read your sheet and it looks good though! I think you probably just need to get a better feel for him and then elaborate a bit? I think that he's there there's just more to find :D
Tayn
Player

Postby Lyall Gaius on March 21st, 2013, 2:00 am

Aw, well thank you! It's really nice of you to help me. I think you're right when you say that RPing will help give him some depth, but at the moment, I don't exactly know where to begin. I'm thinking of doing a quest, but then I wonder if I should start with something nice and simple, like an open RP or something. :/ Still, even without truly RPing, this site has me hooked.
Lyall Gaius

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tayn on March 21st, 2013, 4:02 am

I know the feeling. I'm finding myself drawn in and I haven't done anything yet haha. Your best bet might be to roleplay something simple, maybe just an open social thread in your starting town or something. Then when your pc makes some friends and you feel more comfortable in your characters skin you can do a quest or something? Haha idk I'm thinking the same things :P
Tayn
Player

Postby Michaela Abendroth on March 21st, 2013, 4:17 am

Hi and welcome to the site!
It is a pretty fun place here!
I have a Zith from Sunberth, if you start out there shoot me a message and I would be more than happy to start an RP with you :)

Once again, welcome,
Michaela
I love to RP if anyone wants to create one and needs people or want to do a 1-on-1 just let me know :) I love to RP :) And I am up for any!

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

When my character speaks or is thinking to herself I use Italics "with italics"
Michaela Abendroth
Player

Words: 47233
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2013, 1:00 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Lyall Gaius on March 21st, 2013, 4:41 am

Tayn - I think I'll give that a try. It would be good to have him "find himself" per say before getting into any heavy RP situations. 0.0

Michaela - I'll be sure to let you know if I pass by :) and the same goes if you stop in Lhavit for any reason.
Lyall Gaius

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous