To Meet, To Dance, To Fall (Kail)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 28th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Taithrosa smiled sadly. "It is strange I do have memories of living in Leth's realm, but like my past lives it isn't all clear. When I am in my true form I can remember more but still there is a barrier. That life and my previous life when I was an Akalak are the two I remember most clearly." He shrugged thought and looked brighter. "It is not use regretting what is gone, for now." He looked back at her his molten silver eyes seemed fascinated by her changing moods. "I am not surprised you haven't meet or even heard of my kind. I myself have only meet one who is similar to me. A son of Syna he was. Most of my kind are a melancholy and sad bunch. Bemoaning and focusing on the loss they all suffer. The one I meet even he bemoaned the loss we suffered, but he at least had a goal. To seal the rift." He shook his head.

"I am determined not to suffer from my brothers and sisters fate. I will not surcome to the melancholy and hide myself away from the world." He said with determination. His eyes hard and filled with passion for what he said, but there was something else in them. The real fear that he might loss. It was true few could understand the pain that he suffered falling from grace and returning to mortality, stuck between worlds. Still with enough memories to miss were he was, but not a complete collection of memories.

He shook his head and turned back to her. He squinted at her and raised and eyebrow. "Were have I seen you before. Hmm." He had the memory of a young woman standing before him. She was talking tell him something, but he didn't have the memory of her voice. "I am not sure. I believe I will have to meditate on it. Enough about me though. I am curious about you. I can tell you are Konti, but have you always lived on this island? What do you do for work. I am not working yet but have enrolled for classes at the Opal Temple in healing." He figured he would need to give a little to get a little. He wasn't sure why but he wanted to hear more of her quiet voice that was so open to her emotions. He wanted to get to know her, again.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on May 31st, 2010, 5:37 am

Kail reflected on his words for a moment, then started to think about what she wanted to tell him about herself. Her life seemed so dull and uninteresting and she wanted to be interesting. He was. Kail wasn’t the kind to make things up or stretch the truth though, so she decided to give the straightforward and boring answers that came to mind.

“I have always lived here. I have a small apartment of my own and I just started my life away from my apprenticeship at the beginning of the season, so while I’m starting a new career, I’ve not done much. Not in work and not even in life, really.” Suddenly realizing how bad this must sound and that she was matching his melancholy way of speaking and reflecting, she tried to bring the conversation up. “I love my work though. I’m trained in words. I can read and write well. My mistress taught me calligraphy and I’ve learned etching as well, and while I have no great pieces to show yet, just my practices and more recently, some beginning works I do in my free time, I plan to be great.”

Getting a little too personal, too fast,” Kail thought. “No reason to share my dreams and ambitions just yet. I barely met this man. Why am I so willing to talk?”

“I’m glad to hear that you are at the Opal Order,” she went on, trying to bring the conversation back to more neutral matters. “It is a great place of light and learning and I may see you sometime in the library. I’m not in the order or anything, but I’m often there. I like peaceful places. Might I see you there, sometime?”
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Words: 76426
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2010, 6:00 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 1st, 2010, 10:22 pm

Taithrosa listened fasinated as this young, beautiful woman opened up to him. His head was tilted as he listened his lips spread into a small grin. For some reason it was pleasent to listen to her talking about her hopes and dreams. She had passion which Taith approved of. To become the best one can at what ever one does.

Taithrosa smiled as she asked if she could see him again. It had been a very long time since a woman had asked him that. His smile spread even bigger. "I will of course see you at the Temple." He almost forgot about his own worries, and it seemed as if his memories were calmed down, but there was one memory that seemed to constantly flash before his eyes. A image of another her.

He contiuned to speak to her. The two images flashing before his eyes. He was better at not letting it distract him but it was still there. "I will make sure that I visit the library every day then. Besides I enjoy reading, and feel that I need to learn as much as I can as fast as I can."

"So tell me about Mura. I have been around the city but I haven't ever had a tour guide through it."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on June 4th, 2010, 12:07 am

Pleased to see that he was smiling and seemed to be enjoying their conversation, Kail relaxed a little more and closed her intense eyes briefly as she considered what to tell this outsider about her life-long home. Her first thought was the Crystal Cave, since that was where she had been going, but of course she didn’t know him well enough to tell him about the best place on the island. Later, when they knew each other better, if they did get to know each other better, she would enjoy letting herself gush about the special place to someone who didn’t already know. For now, however, she would stick to the more common.

“Well, Mura really is a beautiful city. I don’t always think about it anymore, but really there are several things you should see while you are visiting, besides just the buildings. I would suggest you visit The Pearl Divers Inn, if you haven’t already. Even if you don’t stay there, the food is good and it is nice to have some entertainment sometimes. I go there sometimes, but I like the Starry Night better. It’s a house of poetry and the garden is so lovely. I don’t really write much, so I’m not a real member, but I love it there. There are some truly great writers and I can post up there for people who need things written up nicely. For work I mean. I can transcribe some very nice poems. I mean transcribe them nicely.”

Kail stopped for a minute to recompose herself. She didn’t like losing control of her words like that. She looked over at Taithrosa to see if he was bored out of his mind yet, but he didn’t seem to be. She looked for a minute, then lowered her gaze to regain her train of thought. It was so hard to think when he was looking at her. It was just so intense. His eyes were steady and deep and she almost seemed to lose herself in there. It was pleasant, but she wasn’t ready to completely let go yet, so she looked away and went on.

“I’m sure you’ve been to the Taviasa. Maybe Silver Lake Lodge would be a good stop for you too. It’s a spa and it’s a great place when you want someone to take care of you, but there is also the divination there. You can know your future, if you want too. I never did. You can only visit the lady of the house, who can tell you your future, once. I’m waiting to see if I ever really need to know that badly. Outsiders really seem to like it though.”
She looked at him again. Her pale skin shone slightly in the ever-fading light and her face was alight with the thrill of actually talking with this outsider. She felt good inside and it reflected on the outside.

“Well, I guess know you know just about everything. I can go on. I’m sorry.” Kail smiled. “Of course I’m happy to show you anything there that sounds interesting, or any of the shops you need or anything. I’m sure a new place can be confusing and with so few outsiders, we often speak our native tongue. I can help with that too, if you need it. If not, I can always see you around in the library. It is such a lovely place, I’d love to show you around. Or not. Or whatever.”
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 4th, 2010, 5:35 pm

He listened with wrapped attention. Her shy soothing voice spoke and seemed to calm his soul, and again there seemed to be some call to his soul. He listened to her talking and didn't mind when it turned into minor rambaling. He felt a familiarlity to that voice that was soothing in a world that was so strange to him. He wanted to move closer to her and brush a strand of hair away from her face. To look deeply into those violet eyes. To see them looking back at him.

He looked at her with his eyes showing his interest. "I would like it if you could show me around." His deep accented voice said. "I would also love to learn the native tongue." He smiled broadly his glowing skin making his smile even more radiant then normal. His face looked the same as when he was in his akalak form, but there was something more celestial and handsome about it now.

"I would like it if you could show me around the library." He said with a smile and a twinkle in his eye. "It is a beautiful town. It is nice to see some bastion of civilization still around despite the choas of the world." He said looking briefly over at the city and then turning back. "Divination? I hadn't heard that there were such things here. Not that I really want to know my future. I am actually more interested in my past, and also interested in were we have meet before." He said with a friendly and curious smile. "I would also be interested in listening to some of the poetry. Before I returned to Mizahar song and rythm were something a heard a lot. It would be nice to hear it again." He said softly, but his voice seemed to carry just fine despite his quiet speach.

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on June 5th, 2010, 5:13 pm

"Well," Kail replied, relieved to think that she would see Taithrosa again, "I guess we'll have to do that soon." By now the moon was getting high and there slow talk had taken longer than she had planned to be out. Not that she was sorry, or wanted to leave, but a nagging feeling that she was out alone at night on the beach with a man, a very powerful and attractive man, was telling her it was time to go home, hopefully without being seen. Of course she was an adult now and could do as she liked, but she didn’t like comments. She paused again and looked into that smiling, glowing, beautiful face and with regret said, “I should be heading home.” Then quickly, to dispel the unhappy look that instantly filled his breathtaking eyes she went on “Will you meet me at the library tomorrow afternoon? I’ll be free around 4 bells?”
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 7th, 2010, 1:41 am

Taithrosa smiled at her and allowed her to leave. "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow." He stood and gave her a bow his glowing form radiating a celestial type of radiances. He smiled again and watched her leave his heart beating wildly.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on June 11th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Mura Experience Award
Please update your CS accordingly!

ImageExperience Points Awarded:

Taithrosa - 1 xp Storytelling, 1 xp Seduction
Kail - 1 xp Hospitality, 1 xp Listening

Lore Awarded:

Taithrosa - Lores of the Infrastructure of Mura & Past Life Memories with Kail (partial)
Kail - Lore of the Ethaefal

Comments: Nice social thread. I really liked how both gradually opened up to one another.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Previous