Make it quick outlander...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Strig on March 25th, 2013, 10:37 pm

Hallo everyone :)
I'm Eoghan, also called Strig and I'm an eleventysomething student engineer from Ireland :retard:
I enjoy reading, drawing and sleeping and I'm really interested in Mizahar. The world seems really interesting, but I don't know what race to play as yet... I'll get there :D
Can't wait to roleplay with you fine folks and craft some interesting stoies :)
Slan go foill :lol:
Strig
Unconvinced that there is life before death

Words: 30214
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on March 25th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Welcome to Mizahar!

I hope you enjoy your stay :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Strig on March 27th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Thanks Evalin, I shall :D
Do you have any tips for someone who wishes to play as a mage? :)
Strig
Unconvinced that there is life before death

Words: 30214
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on March 27th, 2013, 8:24 pm

OH yes I do!

1) Know your magic! Study the lore like its your major, and of course don't forget to study the general magic lore of Mizahar as well.
2) Magic is Dangerous, so RP it that way! People are suspicious and fear Magic, and in general a mage will be hated before he/she is liked. That needs to show in your RP as well :)
3) Don't forget to overgive. Magic is hard, takes tons of concentration and you wont be perfect every time! Play it to the level of difficulty that it is :P

Finally I would say only choose one, maybe 2, magics to specialize in. Don't take on tons of magics because realistically you will only really practice one with any vigor lol. If you spread yourself thin and choose too many then you will end up with very little points in any one magic where as if you focus on one you can really gain the levels faster.

Thats what I got for now so good luck! Oh and avoid cities that hate magic. They really will string you up lol.

Sincerely,
Evalin
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)