[Verified by Siren] Strig

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Strig

Postby Strig on April 2nd, 2013, 11:51 pm

Basic Information

Birthname: Markos Flamewell Sultros
Alias: Strig
Height: 5"0
Weight: 210lbs
Birthday: 3rd day of Summer, 476 AV
Birthplace: Sultros
Caste: Avora (Hunter)

Languages

Fluent Language: Isur
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: Nari

Thread List

Novice
Flux (5/100)
Stealth (10/100)
Poison (10/100)
BlackSmithing (10/100)

Competant
Weapon: Longbow (25/100)

Expert

Master

Lores
Lore of Isurian Culture
Lore of Importance of Inarta Caste system.

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Bought a Bow and Arrows -100 GM 0 GM

Last edited by Strig on April 14th, 2013, 4:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Strig
Unconvinced that there is life before death

Words: 30214
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Strig

Postby Strig on April 11th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Character Concept
Strig is in open rebellion of all that he deems to be an Isur. He forces himself to be rash and fast rather than calm and careful. However despite his attempts to be different, to explore the world around him. He remains an Isur at heart.

Strig finds it difficult to forgot nearly half a decade of being told that he is better than everyone else and can thus appear very haughty and condescending. Strig is driven by a desire to become a part of the world, rather than living in seclusion of it like the rest of his people. His father once told him that the Isur were the ones who were rebuilding the world, yet he did not see the sun rise until he was more than two decades old.

It is his hope that one day he'll come back to Sultros as a more learned Isur, and will spread his new found knowledge throughout the mountain kingdom. Perhaps he will even suceed at convincing the rulers of Sultros to open the great gates to the wider world and begin to actively try to rebuild the golden era before the Valterrain... but that is looking very far ahead.

Relationships

Character Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
3. How old are you?
4. What is your height?
5. What is your weight?

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
4. How physically fit are you?
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
3. What is your extended family like?
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
5. Do you treat animals like family?

2. Where do you live now?
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
5. Where do you fear to be?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

[/spoiler]

Last edited by Strig on April 11th, 2013, 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strig

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Strig

Postby Strig on April 11th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Appearance

Strig has long hair, as grey as slate. It's kept at this length more out of laziness rather than for vanities sake. Similarly, Strig's beard is little more than scruffy stubble, the result of a lack of regular shaving.
His face is fair and not overly unpleasant to look at, with cold blue eyes and a small thin mouth, however his teeth are yellowed and his fingernails are cracked. Dark shadows hang over Strig's eyes from long nights awake, in terror of raiders and peopel who would wish him harm. However the eyes themselves are alert, intense, almost insane.

His skin is pale, white to the point of opalescence. Only a light blue on his cheeks and hands betray his Isur heritage. His left arm, his most striking feature, red as blood and as bright as a gemstone is often wrapped in bandages. This is done partially to avoid the negative stigma that follow the Isur. Many believe them to be stubborn, proud and racist... and they are right. Strig however, wishes to avoid this stereotype.. at least for now.

His clothes are chosen for practicality rather than fashion, roughspun and well fitted for loose and careful movement. His shirt and gloves are designed for warmth and durability in the coldness of Windreach. His boots are strong and hardy for when travelling near the mountain peaks becomes necessary.

Like all Isur, Strig was born with the gnosis Izentor, which decorates his left arm. Strig takes a secret pride in his markings because while he isn't a smith (which are normally favored by the God of the Isur), it reminds him that no matter what, he is different from those around him... special.

Possessions
Equipment :
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Trousers
-Simple Shoes

Backpack :
-Comb (Metal)
-1 Waterskin
-Brush (Metal)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-One Longbow

Quiver :
-100 Arrows

Coin Purse :
0 Pinions

Herioom: A small squat herbology book, detailing the various plants that exist in the Kalea region. While many pages are missing, many news ones have been added... Strig has since used this as a journal.

Housing
A newcomer in these lands, Strig's apartment has signs of little use, as if he has barely spent any time in it. The hearth is still gleaming, as if it has never been used. His bed is immaculate, lacking the smell or creases of long nights asleep. Only his chest has any signs of use, locked tightly with a gleaming and well maintained lock.
Secret :
1 basic 20x20 (400 sq feet) single room
hearth {SP}
bunk {SP}
chest {SP}
chair {SP}
small table {SP}

Last edited by Strig on April 16th, 2013, 12:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Strig

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Strig

Postby Strig on April 11th, 2013, 5:16 pm

History

Birth :
I was born Markos Flamewell of the Sultros clan. It was an unremarkable birthing by most standards. My red arm gleamed in the lamp light and the wetnurses clucked in approval. I grew up with two older brother proud of the knowledge that we were Izurdin's chosen, as far above those that lived far from our mountain home as the moon was from the sea. Of those Isur, we were of the Sultros, blood of our God. This was our truth, this was my family.

Early Years :
Life was uneventful for my first few years, I was not as strong as my brothers, but still young enough that not much was expected of me. 'He will grow larger in time', my parents said. Little can be said of my parents, my father, Karos Flamewell, was a minor noble and a master architect. Far enough from the throne to prevent us from getting mixed into political games, but close enough to enjoy the privaledges of such an office. Father spent large amounts of time in his workship and it often fell to my mother to watch over us. I would like to say that I have fond memories of Saril, my mother. But alas I do not. Perhaps in the trial of taking care of our household, as well as my older brother, she did not have time for me. Or perhaps she did have time and I have simply forgotten. The fact remains that I cannot even remember her face, but I remember how she died... giving birth to my brother Ulson.

Ulson :
Time moved swiftly on, a man came under my father's employment, an Inartan papermaker called Dreg. He was a trader and a fine haggler and himself and my father became friends, he employed him to teach myself and Ulson the basics of reading and writing, how to speak to crowds... many unconventional things were thought to us as well... he taught us how to use a bow, how to move if we didn't want to be seen, how to make poisons. With Dreg under our employ, many influential nobles began to die at the right time, seemingly of natural causes, our family's wealth grew as the years went on. One night I came across Dreg in tattered, bloody robes, limping to his room with a lamp in one lazy hand. he placed a bloodied finger to his lips and limped on, I never told anyone.

Ulson was an unlucky child at best, Isur mate for life and in a true Isurian fashion, my father withdrew from family life with the death of my mother. He spent long hours in his workshop, alone, devising schemes and evaluating plans. His productivity doubled and our wealth trebled in the years in which we grew up. But my brothers and I were resentful of having lost both our mother and our father. Being children, we blamed Ulson.

Looking back, I am ashamed of my behavior. We tormented the poor boy, filling his bed with dredgewater, refusing him food, beating him when he finished him chores too quickly... or too slowly. Ulson grew strong from it though, he bit down, acting the errand boy for minor lords in the city, spending as much time as possible away from us, his loving brothers. Of course we berated him constantly for it, lowering himself to being a messenger boy instead of a great architect or engineer. We had no idea what he was doing, saving up his payments day by day, until one morning we awoke to find his bed empty, his possessions gone, the door wide open.

New Chapters :
To this day I'm not sure where he went to. I remember him being fascinated by the Syliran Knights, there was a large book of tales about them underneath his bed, the pages frayed from excessive turning and the bindings worn. Apart from his clothes, a weapon and some food, it was the only thing that was missing from his room. I like to think that he made it to them, fell down on one knee and was accepted into their order. I hope that he found the brotherhood there that he did not get back home.

With Ulson gone, it left a gap in the family. After years of berating our brother instead of doing something produtive, there was a vast emptiness in our life that he had once filled. In a way, you could almost say that we missed him. It would have been a perfect time for us to forget our foolishness and move on, and indeed we might have done so... if father hadn't died.

Like my mother, I can no longer remember my father's face, but I can remember the bed that he lay in during his final moments. There was a bedpost there in the shape of a wolf. I find it funny, the faces of my parents escape me, but I can still remember that stone wolf, it's lazy snarl and black eyes.

Dreg :
With our father gone, we came to know many other members of our family. As our father had our family's place in the council, many cousins and uncles stepped forward to take our place, my remaining brother Thamon argued with the best of them, and for a while our future seemed certain, Dreg continued to teach me while Thamon went through the family business. It was coming home from the market one day that I saw Thamon's body on the floor, his skull split into a thousand different bloody pieces with one of our ornate gemstone decorations sitting on the floor beside him.

I panicked, Dreg was not in the house at the time so I fled, trying to find a family member to speak to. One of my cousins let me in to their homes, cooed me into submission and then locked me in my chambers.. accusing me of murder. There were rumors going around that night, rumors that I had killed my brother in order to take his place on the council, of course I did no such thing, but nobody listened. There was talk of exiling me, of executing me... thankfully Dreg broke into the home where I was being kept, tripped a lock and helped me to escape. My uncle took the new empty spot on the council and I fled the city of my childhood. He cut my hair and shaved my beard and gave me a new name 'Strig'. In the Inartan tongue it meant spring root, he believed it was the best one for me.. to give me a new start.

We continued our lessons for the weeks as we traveled, Dreg tried to help me keep my mind off what had happened to Thamon, he taught me some magic, the flux.. perhaps hoping the addiction of overgiving would somehow nullify the grief that I felt. We travelled west and north but I did not question where we were going. I was shocked to wake up one morning to find the campsite empty, the only thing of Dreg left behind was a small herbology book, that he tutored me relentlessly on. I spent days searching in vain for him, for tracks or any sign of where he went... he had left none. Defeated, I read his note carefully, taking note of his advice as I turned to the North, to Wind Reach.

Thread List

Flashbacks

Spring 513AV

Summer 513 AV

Autumn 513 AV

Winter 513 AV
Strig

Character sheet