Flashback Working with bones II

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Working with bones II

Postby Vick on February 9th, 2013, 4:58 am

Summer 15, 421

The next ten bones he had put to the side were like chicken bones, short but thin wing bones. Vick wanted to really just yell at the top of his lungs as this project was pushing him in terms of crafting the magical symbols upon them. He had to wonder if it would just have been better to use humans and pass on the bird idea but he knew if this was pushing him it meant he was learning.

The bones were going to be like the last set. Using the objects themselves as circles to form three dimensional malediction circles which he learned how to do with the last batch of bones. He heated up the needle beforehand and placed it in the red blood of the bird before drawing them along the bones while making a note to press a good deal as to etch the symbols into the bones. Since they were rather soft bones it proved not to be very difficult to etch his work into the bone.

While he normally just worked with flat circles, this time he made a line that was placed on the far left of the bone and wrapped around the bone. The same was done to the far right side as well before he made two lines across the bone making a cylinder shape circle. It was still within a circular shape so he knew the magic would still work without any problems.

Before he wrote any words into the bone he placed it down and did the same thing to the next nine bones since they had the same shape. The needle was heated between each bones with the blood dripped onto it as he made the same indent of the lines on the far left and right with the lines coming along the middle making the small bone into the circle itself.

This was one of the first few times he had the victims blood even if it was a bird. It still would have a stronger power compared to just using ink. He just had three ounces total of the blood but that was more than enough for the task at hand just for the small bones. This was a project he was not going to make pretty for it was just going to be the symbols of power and the bones. He was not going to hide the words or cover up the circles. Not even make holes in the bones due to the size but he was going to use the powers of malediction and djed for that.

This project was not about it being pretty or hiding behind illusions. This was going to be a true malediction project and he was going to show the death of the creature that would either aid or hinder a user as even if Vick was skilled in the art of this magical power and he could focus the effects and do his best to fine tune it he knew it was still a risk that it could do something else.

As he waited for the blood to dry he moved to his desk and started writing once more inside his book that he was slowly doing. The title was “Malediction A guide to death” in which he was sharing his knowledge of Malediction with the readers and giving a detailed starting guide within the common language.

He still had doubts that he was using the wrong language but he knew common was the most used outside the island and he had a feeling the book could find its way outside the walls of sahova.

He just picked up a new quill and dripped it within a small ink bottle and slowly wrote. Already he made a rather large dent into the idea of the book but he was just starting in a sense. It was not often a wizard would impart his or her information into a book and rarer for a nuit of Sahova roots to do so since they kept most of their work hidden away even from others on the island so in the end this book would be a rare treat for anyone who was trying to get into the craft or even people who knew the craft would still find it useful. At least he would hope but if it did well in his eyes he would make more books dealing with Malediction and more complex works.

‘I have talked about how one should care for bones and how you should understand the subject in the sense of understanding how the idea could come about using the right bones. Now I am going to take a step back and finish this book up with just a few more pages of information. Blood. I will not go in depth right now within this book about blood for using blood is a rather high skilled ability within this branch of magic. However I am going to let you know that you can do wonders with the victims blood or even your own blood if you want to take the risk.’

Vick wrote down into the book as time passed him by as he kept biting his lower dead lip in thought as he pressed the tip of the quill into the pages. He was trying to share his information yet at the same time guard it so the game of balance was new to him. Even now he was just hinting at the power of using blood and not ink or other tactics but he was not really sharing what that meant. Maybe down the road he would use another book to talk more of it but it all depended on how he felt since he had the tamper and view of a child that went back and forth on so many things.

In the end he closed the book as he was done for the time being. He wanted to add a bit more before being done with the book and even then he would have to re write the book due to his handwriting, he felt it could have been better and he could have worded things in a different manner along with a few other ideas he had for the book.

The point was he was working on the book and was doing his best to push his goals forward. Even if no one could understand why he wanted to do a book, he knew it was apart of his goals and in the end it was all that mattered to him.

Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Working with bones II

Postby Vick on February 9th, 2013, 11:13 am

Once the blood on the bones were dried he took the needle once more in his right hand and started his work. He placed the tip of the needle inside the candles flame near his work station and was about to place it in the vial of blood until he heard the sound of his door opening. No sound of knocking came from the other side as Vick lifted and moved his head towards the door as he saw a young female walking inside looking around before stopping as she saw Vick.

Before Vick could even say a word or yell at the young female she had closed the door, her hands on her hips and the words from her mouth filled the air and within that second Vick was past the annoyed stage.

“Oh, So I guess this is my new work shop and you boy are my student or servant? I am sooo happy this dusty island knows real talent when they see it. So boy, get away from my bones now and tend to my needs and maybe I will give you a peek at what I can do.”

It took a few seconds for her words to reach his brain. He wanted to kill her. Slice open her body and use it as a malediction project to show anyone else that he was not to be toyed with in a bad joke.

“Who are you?”

His voice was low. Clam and even but inside, past his dark undead eyes was an anger that was building like a storm.

“Don’t talk to your new master like that. I hope you know that I passed my classes in Zeltiva and I have come here to bestow what I know to you.”

She said with an high and mighty voice as she puffed out her chest to him looking almost proud.

“Listen, child. I don’t know who you are. Why you are here or even for the faintest of me being myself to care. However I will not be replaced by a simple minded idiot who claims to know something from an out of date backwater school of ants.”

Vick said very slowly and softly to the woman. His unblinking eyes never leaving her as he stared her down as he saw her figure grow slightly smaller as she started to trip over her words.

“I-I thought I was to be a teacher. Another human took me to this room and said I would be of use here and with my grades I thought I could teach and well you are a child so what can you know?”

“Child...hehhehe” Vick started talking but after he said the word child he just started laughing softly to himself. “She thinks I am a child. So cute. Such a cute little human.” Vick said softly to himself as he started to hum a softer tune as he skipped around the table wearing only plain clothes. They looked so very plain compared to her outfit which was made out of leather boots, black pants with a green shirt and cloak around her that held a silver chain.
“Little human, I sent in a request so long ago I almost forgot but I was looking for students. You, little princess are my slave. If you disagree with this simple statement by all means push me out of this lab and take it over but I must warn you, if I feel you have harmed me in anyway I will order the golems within this island to come and kill you. Afterwards I will mount your body outside my door and showcase my work as a person who has been working with bones for so many years.”

His words were soft. Calm and even tone as he spoke to her along her side as he wrapped his arms around her side hugging her. He was not joking in any manner even if his body made it not clear to anyone watching but deep down a small seed of fear slowly came to life in the pit of her stomach as his dead arms grew tight around her and his cold body pressed along her warm side.

She was quiet for a bit but slowly nodded as Vick moved his arms back to his side as he skipped around her humming some tune under his breath as she did her best to talk towards him but each time her words just failed to come out of her mouth as she made sounds.

“A-alrght...I guess...I am sorry I was mistaken...So where is my room as I am really am tired and could use rest from that boat ride before I use my brainpower and show off my skills.” She said very fast as she tapped her right foot towards him.

“Listen to me little princess, you are working under me. Theses are the rules that follow and if you do not follow them I will remove a finger for each rule you break and I will force you to work on them as a malediction artifact. You will stay with me until I see fit, you will work 20 hours and I will let you sleep for 4. You will eat when I deem fit and give you food and you will do what I say without question.If you break the rules or give me any problem, I will tie you down and saw off one finger of my choice and you will remove the skin and work your magic into it. If you do not then I will remove another finger and keep going until you have nothing but nubs left.”

“You’re joking. No one would ever do that to someone.”

The dark light within Vicks eyes grew even brighter as he did not say anything but just turned and went to his desk. After opening it and removing a simple set of bones he placed them along his forearms.

They were two Jamoura arm bones that Vick had made sometime ago. They gave him the power of flux by draining energy from another part of him. It was not the best artifact, it was why he kept them in his lab and not locked away but they were his nonetheless and at last he found a use for them as he walked back to her.

She did not seem to understand why he put on bones besides having a look that told him he was full of himself but he did not give her time to understand that he was a skilled malediction user as he made a tiny fist and threw his arm into her stomach. Normally a nuit hitting a human would not have much effect but the artfact gave him the power of flux and that alone was another to handle a female of her type. The energy flew from his left arm into his right arm as energy from the artifact pushed into her stomach sending a much stronger punch into her as the artifact came to life.

Vick knew so much about the human body for he worked with it daily. He knew all of the races within the world and with that he knew where to hit as he aimed right above the stomach forcing the air to push out of her lungs as she hit the ground hard. He did not give her a chance to gain her breath back as threw a punch into the left side of her head with his left fist. The artifact once again flared to life as it drew upon the energy from his right side and forced it into his fist as he felt her face for a second before she fell to the ground.

The last thing she saw before blacking out as a little child standing over her, glaring with hate and holding a simple simple. She could not even form the words that could have saved her for her fate was sealed the second she opened her mouth for her lungs still were not working like they should as her breath became more and more sharp and forced. Until she saw nothing but darkness. Cold empty darkness.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Working with bones II

Postby Vick on February 9th, 2013, 12:16 pm

The young woman woke at last yet she found herself tied down along a cold hard metal table with the other thing she could have seen was a dark stone ceiling. Her mouth was gagged as she did her best to scream out but the only thing she could do was lay on the table and listen as a child like voice spoke from the side of her.

“You see, my little princess you need to learn your place. I don’t have the time or energy to teach you so I used an artifact I made awhile back from bones that granted me flux just for a bit. Just enough to knock you out but don’t worry as you can see you are very much alive. Yet to prove myself I am going to teach you a very hard lesson in life. Don’t annoy me.”

Vick said softly into her right ear, his dead tongue almost touching it as he filled his lungs with air and blew softly along her face. The fear inside her body felt tangible to him even without the use of magic as she did her best to try to scream but she could not due to the gag and even around her if she paid more mind she would understand she was hearing others screams of pain for they were deep within the dungeons of the island.

Her chest moved up and down faster and faster as Vick skipped around the table humming a tune under his breath. “Now now, my little princess you are going to lose a finger. This is true and you will work your magic on it or I will cut another off and I shall keep going. This is to prove a point in life. When I tell you something, I mean it with all my heart. Even if it does not make sense to you but don’t worry we are crossing this bridge now and not later due to your actions so be happy you can learn this now.”

Vick said in a sing-song-voice as he picked up a simple saw from a table nearby. Vick had no history with torture however he was going to use her. He would slowly mold her into something he would deem fit and in the end he would turn her into his own work of art if he thought she could fit that idea. Yet he had to make her lesson just like any pet. If she was a dog, he would whack her with a paper and send her outside. If a cat he would yell and bap her but for her, a person who dared to talk down to him and insult him he would cut her. He would hurt her. She would know her place within Sahova.

He stopped at last as his hands traced down her left arm. The cloth felt soft under his dead, purple fingers as he stroked her softly as her body fought and moved but the straps were along her chest, stomach, arms and legs. Even her hands were in a brace that was designed for them, each holding a digit near the base of the fingers so one could torture the body without fear of them fighting.

“I am going to cut your left pinky. I am telling you this so you understand why. Do you know why little princess? I can’t hear you with that gag so if you behave I will remove it.” He said as he placed the saw down and undid the gag freeing both her both and letting her breath more deeply. The air did taste like blood and bone that was fresh and old at the same time, the smell was bad but tasting it could almost make a person gag.

“Please, please please don’t do this. I won’t talk back. You don’t need to do this.pleasepleasepleasenonono.” Her voice was high pitched as tears ran down her fast as her voice became harder and harder to understand as the fear of the event reaching its peak inside her heart.

“Yes, you won’t or we will do this again and again. Just think once I cut off all your fingers I can do your toes. Maybe just cut off a leg or two, or open your chest up and remove a rib or three. I am just a child after all I can’t count can I?”

Vick said in his sing-song-voice as he picked up the saw, her screams of fear filled the air yet no one came to save her. No one would come to save her for she was with a Nuit that was best to avoid for his moods would swing back and forth and the fact he was inside an area meant for pain just meant that whoever pushed him over the edge was in a fate that no one would want to share, Nuit or non nuit alike.

Soon the screams of fear turned into pain as Vick placed the edge of the saw along the skin of the pinky and with unblinking eyes he moved it back and forth slowly. So very slowly cutting into her tan skin as tears filled her green eyes of pain and fear as the hot blood from her body pooled onto the cold table and her hand staining the cloth she wore.

Vick could have done this faster or even used a better tool to cut into the bone but this was to teach her about who was in charge. To show her that she was nothing but than a tool for him to use. That she had no reason to be in the island and that she signed her life away the second she talked to the golems at the docks.

The saw moved back and forth like the waves hitting the shore. Slowly he cut into her pinky as the screams she made did not touch his heart for his heart stopped beating so long ago. He had no more care for her pain than anyone did for his own pain for he was shaped by so much pain. At last her screams stopped for she passed out due to the pain and shock of feeling each of the teeth tear along her skin as he at last broke past her bone and leaving her finger onto the table away from her hand.

She jolted awake from the pain and without any delay she filled the area with her screams of pain and the shock that her finger, her beloved pinky was gone. Off her hand forever as she felt the blood leave her hand but she paid Vick no mind as she kept her eyes shut. If she did she would have saw that he had placed a flat iron metal file into a small torch heating the metal with the licking orange flames.

He then moved back to her and placed that heated file onto the area that was once her pinky sending more pain into her body as he burned the skin, sealing it for good from the blood and sending the smell of burnt flesh into the air as she kept passing out and waking up from the pain until at last he was done.

When she woke again, she found herself inside the lab she was in before. At first the idea of a dream filled her head but as she looked down she saw her pinky onto a simple copper plate and screams filled the room again but she became silent when she saw the child that did this to her.

“I am giving you a task now that you are awake. You will strip the skin off that body part, clean and soak the bone and stay out of my way while I work. If you do not, you will lose another finger and another. Do not dare to question me or doubt my words my little princess.”

The words were cold but she did not question them or say anything even if she was in pain and shock from the events of the day. She did as she was told and understood quickly that he was the leader of the group even if he used fear and pain to prove that.

He did not even pay her any mind as he went back to work, the needle once again in his fingers as he placed it inside the blood and slowly went back to work as he heard her crying over her lost body part. He felt she was learning her place but it would be a long while yet before he felt she truly understood what he was going to show her.

The blood was done along the bones he worked on earlier before he was rudely taken away from his work. So he just had to write the words which was not going to take anytime for him. The first word on the bone was “the” and it was placed to the side with the rest of the bones that were already done.

The second was “word” and like the ones before it was given its rightful place. Vick was working at a faster rate to build lost time but he checked on the female once and awhile as he saw she had removed the skin with a knife and was soaking the bone inside a barrel of water. He said nothing as the tears along her face kept dripping into the water.

Third bone held “”Ruii”” as he made it both into a word and something to say with quotes around it. Something that was new to him but it was something he knew he could do and it would push him to further his research and goals.

The forth word along the forth bone was “is” and once more was given to the rightful place with the rest inside the neatly placed box that was slowly filling with the necklace.

The fifth bone was “said” as he slowly came to fill the bones with his own charm. His own magic would fuel this work of art as he did his best to try to channel and focus the power into how he would see fit but he would not know how it would play out until all sixty-two bones were done and tested as one object.

The sixth was “it”. Really just looking at them once would not understand the idea behind the madness within his head but slowly it was coming to life. Ever so slowly but soon he would be done he thought.

The seventh word in the seventh bone was “shall” with the eighth being “bind” and both were placed inside the box in the right order as it slowly came to a circle shape.

The last two words were made with the same ease and care as the rest of the bones and they were “To” and “the” and without any change was given the home to the box.

So far the words were “This charm shall when worn keep hunger at bay. Once the word “Rui” is said it shall bind to the” and slowly was being given life.

Yet that was for later as he turned his head to the cry female inside his lab. Someone he would have to mold and figure out what to do with as he hum a tune before asking her a simple question.

“What is your name my little princess?”

She did not question the little princess part but just gave her name, which was broken up in silent sobs and tears. “Sam. Sam Yung.”

“Well my little princess, welcome to your new life.”

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Working with bones II

Postby Delirium on March 28th, 2013, 11:57 am

Experience Rewards

Vick :
Experience
Writing 1xp
Leadership 1xp
Intimidation 5xp
Malediction 3xp
Torture 5xp

Lores:
Malediction: using blood instead of ink
Human body - hitting where it hurts
Torture - removal of body parts
Apprentice: Sam Young (lacking a finger)

Notes: I do find myself wondering how many more fingers is he going to remove :P Ah Vick is so wonderfully twisted! Amazing thread. I simply adored it!

If you have any queries with the grading, pleas don't hesitate to PM me :)
Delirium
An acutely disturbed state of mind

Words: 14179
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office