Closed [Rearing Stallion] A Dish Best Served Cold (Shiress)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] A Dish Best Served Cold (Shiress)

Postby Orion Michaels on March 16th, 2013, 7:35 am

Gods, I hadn't even thought about her leg. That must have hurt like shyke.. He remained mostly silent, his cold eyes watching her struggle with comprehending just what had occurred. The combination of her inebriated state with Orion likely being her first man was enough to leave her in somewhat of a stupor, journeying in her heart and mind to try and find answers to what she'd just experienced. All the while, the pain must have been overwhelming. As the pleasures of their passionate exchange began to fade, the pain and the after effects were only beginning.

Then she threw him off. He was amazing in his mind, no doubt about that, but she'd thanked him. She thanked him. For what? Petching your brains out while you're drunk? He looked at her, a small frown appearing on his lips. "I'm not sure I understand....but, you're welcome." He felt awkward now, but he did his best to hide it. Maybe it was the alcohol in his system. Maybe it was his own adrenaline coming down. All he knew is that no one had ever thanked him after they had lain together. No one had looked into his eyes so deeply. It made him uncomfortable. It made him want to detach. It made him need to run.

Orion rolled over as to face away from her. While her eyes were giving away to exhaustion, his would allow no such thing. Annoyance grasped at his heart. He knew it wasn't her fault. She was a poor girl who'd crossed paths with someone who was nothing more than predator. He couldn't blame her for being drunk and falling for his charming ways, but it bothered him down to the core when she looked at him with such appreciation. It wouldn't have been just with her, but with anyone he'd bedded. He was no one to be thanked, he was just a servant to his own passions. She'd been used by him, no other way about it.

"It's been a long night. Why don't you get some rest?" His suggestion wasn't really a suggestion. He hoped she'd comply because talking about it wasn't what he wanted. When she went to sleep, he'd dress himself, make sure she was covered, and leave, just like every time. He needed to retreat as soon as possible.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shiress on March 16th, 2013, 10:06 pm

Shiress' eyes opened and moved to Orion. A look of confusion forming on her still flushed face at his words.

"You don't understand why I would thank you." She raised herself slowly as she spoke taking in his blue eyes and the expression surrounding them. His eyes cut away from hers. For a chime she studied his face. Her gaze fell away to the space on the bed between them as she pondered why he suddenly didn't want to look at her then he spoke again.

A half smiled curled one side of her mouth as the reasoning behind his invitation for her to rest dawned on her. She sighed as she looked up. "I just want you to realize something, Dr. Michaels." Her voice quivering as she held back tears. "You were the first man to offer their hand in compassion to me and not to strike it against me." She chuckled at her own words remembering that she was told of how the doctor had to knock her unconscious. "You'll always have my true appreciation as well as my friendship for that..For saving my life."

She slowly moved her legs across the bed, groaning with pain as she slid to sit on the edge. Her heavy, intoxicated body swaying slightly as tears ran down her cheeks between long strands of dark hair and fell from her lowered face. "I don't want anything from you, Dr. Michaels and I know you want nothing from me." Her hands found the blanket and she slid it up her back and around her chest as she stood. Her injured leg couldn't support her weight causing it to buckle beneath her. She gasp with pain and stumbled back against the bed and slowly lowered herself to sit again on the edge.

She ran her hand through her hair brushing it back from her face. Her motion showing her building intolerance of herself. "There's no need to wait until Im asleep before you leave, Dr. Michaels." She attempted to give her voice a stern tone as she spoke. She glanced over her shoulder toward the doctor. "I'll be fine. You can just leave, OK." Please...
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on March 16th, 2013, 11:36 pm

His mannerisms, his words, and his ways had hurt her. It was apparent on her drunken pretty face. Even past all the ale, she could break apart his actions, though she'd caught his intentions all too late. The words that floated in his head would be too harsh, so he'd keep them inside. How could he tell her all that he thought of it? He couldn't, it was that simple. I wasn't looking for a friend. I wasn't looking for thanks, or to be praised. So what if he was a man who'd treated her kindly. It was an act, a ruse to have her like he did. Right?

He laid silently, taking in every word she said. Even throughout the slurred words and disconnected thoughts, her message rang true. She was thankful for what he'd done for her. Thankful for his kind touch and his medical skills. She understood what he what he was doing. At least, that's what the doctor's interpretation was. And boy, did it piss him off. "Who do you think you are?" His voice was low, almost a growl. Orion sat up and began to put his clothing back on without another word. It was time to go. Despite anything she said or didn't say, he'd say nothing more until he was fully clothed again. He paid no mind to her sadness. He did nothing for her tears. She could sleep of the leg pain. Whatever.

"I was doing my job. Don't act like you know me. We had drunken sex. That's it." He shook his head and made his way for the door, long strides bringing him to the cold metal handle quickly. He opened the door and looked back at her, his his face almost twisted in annoyance. "I'm not a good person. Don't petching treat me like it." The wooden barrier slammed shut behind him.

"Gods. It shouldn't have gone like that," he muttered, storming down the hall. It would take maybe a chime for him to get to his room. That made him uncomfortable. They were bound to run into one another again, right? Why? Just a handful of chimes ago I was fine... It wasn't the first time a night had ended this way for Orion. Likely wouldn't be the last. He didn't want kindness from a woman. He wanted a body. Did that make him a pig? A misogynistic vagik? Yeah. But he didn't care.

Orion slammed his door shut behind him and dove onto his bed, covering up quickly, praying for sleep to take him. Even if it her words meant nothing close to what he took them as, the spirits of the past made themselves known when someone was kind. It wasn't supposed to be this way. He wasn't supposed to hurt. He was supposed to use Shiress to forget, not to remember it all.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shiress on March 17th, 2013, 12:55 am

She didn't move. She didn't turn her head to look. Her only action was a hand to her mouth to cover a growing sob.

Shiress listened to every word the doctor spat to her. Each one ripping through her heart like daggers through silk, but she remained silent and still.

Rustling clothes, footsteps, a slamming door and she was alone.

She pulled in a shaky breath glancing over her shoulder then back to her trembling hands in her lap. "Who do you think you are." She whispered to a silent room. She repeated the only question the doctor had thrown at her that she had no answer for.

She slowly stood with one hand remaining on the bed for support and made her way to the other side. One hand moved to the wall and with its support she limped her way to the fireplace where she placed a fresh log on the dwindling flames and stood watching the fire lick around the dry wood.

She stepped back away from the fire loosing her balance as her foot pressed against the floor. With her injured leg taking the full support of her falling weight pain shot up through her body. She cried out against the agony as her back fell against the cold stone wall of her tiny home. She slid down the wall, the stones scratching and pulling at her back, until she rested against the floor. "I dont know who I am." She answered as her erratic sobs filled the quiet of the room.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Accolade on April 6th, 2013, 3:31 am

Orion

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 3 XP
Rhetoric + 4 XP
Interrogation + 3 XP
Seduction + 3 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Rowdy Tavern Men
Rearing Stallion Ale: A Not So Fine Vintage
An Eternity Down the Corridor
A whip and time to split

Shiress

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 4 XP
Socializing + 4 XP
Seduction + 4 XP
Rhetoric + 4 XP
Interrogation + 3 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Rowdy Tavern Men
Seeking Revenge
The Body's Ploy
All doctors aren't caring

Notes :
Wooo! Hawt! You too can write. Orion please subtract the 24 mizas you mentioned in your first post.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous