Unexpected Arrival [Main Gates]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Rune on June 10th, 2010, 5:36 pm

Around hour 4, 6 summer, 510AV

Following the coastline, Rune watched the water, carefully, not really willing to risk flying over it. As far as he could see, there wasn't any place to land when he needed to, and he had been flying long enough that his wings were already tired as they were, which was making him debate on finding a safe place to land and rest up a bit. Just before he was about to stop, what looked like a castle caught his attention. After a few seconds of a mental debate, he made up his mind, and continued along the coast, toward the castle.

When he reached the large building, he stayed up pretty high, circling the large city, scanning it carefully. He was familiar with humans, having followed some of his colony when they would trade with humans, but that didn't mean that Rune knew what behaviors to expect. After a few moment's of debate, he frowned, a little annoyed, then started to glide down anyway, having made up his mind already about landing down there and looking around.

Landing a good distance from the gates, Rune flapped his wings slowly a few times, in order to get them to loosen up from the flight, and then folded them up, so that they were resting on his back. Only when he was done with that did he start heading toward the gates.
Rune
Player

Words: 3083
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on June 13th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Rune's circling of the city had alerted the guards on The Wall, so that by the time he landed he'd find himself staring up at about a dozen arrows aimed right at him. And though there were usually only two guards checking the incoming flux of people, there were not five or six waiting for him, two with spears in their hands though they were settled on the ground instead of pointed at him. The others had swords at their belts, but they didn't draw them.

And so they waited, caution in their eyes as the Zith approached, and looked quite capable of killed the hell out of him should he try to snatch anyone.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Rune on June 14th, 2010, 1:57 am

Hesitating for only a moment, when he saw the number of people at the gates, Rune continued toward the gates, more curious than anything else. Rune's red eyes scanned each of the guards as he neared the gates, instinctively judging the value of each one, though his body remained loose and relaxed, as he haad no plans of attacking any of them. He knew it wouldn't be a smart move. He only attacked when he had the advantage of surprise, as well as had the numbers a little more on his side. No, tonight, all he wanted was a place to rest, and this city was the best place he could currently see.

It was only when he stopped in front of the guards and the gates that he showed his hesitation, as he remembered that humans didn't speak his tongue very well, which meant he was going to have to speak common, instead. "I would like to stay in this city, if that is allowed. I've been flying for a while, and don't plan on hunting your people," he explained his presence here, hoping that he wouldn't be turned away.
Rune
Player

Words: 3083
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on June 18th, 2010, 2:36 am

The guards continued to watch him warily, arrows still notched and pointed straight for him.

The guards on the ground, though, eyed him and one finally nodded. "You'll obey the laws here," he said curtly, glancing around to his fellows as some unspoken signal let them step back and make room for Rune to pass. "And know that if you so much as look like you're about to start trouble, you'll find three blades at your throat and no hesitation to finish it."

The guard stepped back, and pointed through the gates. "Traveler's Row is right there. Pay your money and keep your head down," he grunted, staring hard at the Zith.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)