Ahoy!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Ahoy!

Postby Alona Halloran on May 12th, 2013, 9:40 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
My real name is Cassandra, but I'd really prefer to be called Snipe. Or really, any inoffensive nickname you want to give me?

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I used to frequent Gaia Online as a child in middle school, then I graduated up to forum RPs on a place called CAUTION 2.0, and then when that got stale I started little one-on-ones with friends over Skype. Now I felt the urge to be in something with more chances to meet people, so I found Mizahar.

(And also, Internet aside, I am a part of a friend's Pathfinder's group for about a year now.)

3. How did you find us?
Random google searches, then I heard some glowing reviews on the Mizhar tag on Tumblr.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
The kind where people argue over godmodding the least.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I like comedy and actions, with tiny sprinkles of romance. Really, I prefer to write whatever makes the most sense for my character, and sometimes that includes a bit of tragedy and angst, but I can't write a story that doesn't have a moderately happy ending. As long as my character earns that happiness, it's enough for me.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
Good lord you guys pile on the lore. I like it.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
The sheer amount of choices and decisions put into making a proper CS has made it hard for me to make a character.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
I would like to make a character that people would like to interact with. I'd like her to become somewhat strong, maybe, but I'd much prefer her to have a large circle of friends than a higher skillpoint with a blade.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
There needs to be more details in the pages for craftsman skills, in my opinion.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I really like to knit, crochet, and talk about comic books and movies based off of comic books.
Alona Halloran
Player

Words: 29090
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Ahoy!

Postby Prid on May 13th, 2013, 12:34 am

Hello Snipe! I used to live on those Gaia RP forums too, until they became too unreliable. Good luck choosing a path for your character! Googling some character creation sites might help if you get stuck, if you haven't tried that already. :) Our characters might be able to meet someday. Until then, best wishes!
Prid
A tale as old as time.

Words: 16589
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2013, 7:17 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Ahoy!

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on May 13th, 2013, 2:05 am

'lo and welcome,

Snipe..interesting, how did that nickname about if you don't mind me asking? Never d id Gaia myself, I started with Neopets chat things:D CS's are the most difficult but in he long run, helpful. I find if you know what city you would like the city template a get the basics down. As for your character, I am sure she will be great, humans are a very versitile race that way! Happy to have you and happy writing.
Sosicly Magnolia
Silence is Open to Misconception

Words: 175085
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Ahoy!

Postby Xyliana on May 13th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Welcome Snipe. I am a newbie as well. I am curious to know how you came about being called Snipe. I think that will be an interesting story.

I love to crochet too. I have small hobbies on the side. I tend to overwhelm myself in my goal to stay busy. It is what it is.

I am currently working on my CS and find that it has helped me to write down some skill sets that I find interesting. I did find the options to be overwhelming at first but I had to break it down for my sake.

Also, going into chat and just jumping right in is helpful. Asking questions helps. I did this last evening and my questions were answered. I find it easier to admit that I don't know it all then to flounder around. For my sake anyway. :)

It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope to bump into you in our journey and exploration.

Have a wonderful day.

~Xyliana
Xyliana
Player

Words: 8270
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 9:56 pm
Race: Konti

Ahoy!

Postby Alona Halloran on May 13th, 2013, 2:51 pm

I hate to disappoint you all, but actually, my nickname isn't that interesting, eheh... Basically, I used to have a friend that liked giving out bird nicknames. Since I'm fairly short, and live in a coastal area, she chose a tiny marine bird. And that's all.

But I'm so glad to meet you all! I'm starting to get the hang of my character so far. I think all I need now is a basic backstory, and a few loose ends before I can throw her out into the world. I can't wait to get her started.

and it's so nice to meet another new player, Xyliana! I hope we do meet soon.

See you all later!
Alona Halloran
Player

Words: 29090
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Ahoy!

Postby Xyliana on May 13th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Actually, you shouldn't sell yourself short on telling the story of how you came about your nickname. I find it to be very interesting. I also think that it creates a special bond between you and your friend.

I am still tapping a pencil to my forehead as I try to form my Character. I am working hard at my CS so that I can post the next installment to her adventure. I am super duper excited to get her off and running. I am stuck though and now I am wondering around the forums to try to get the creative juices flowing.

But enough about me. I hope that you are having a great writes flow.

~Xyliana
Xyliana
Player

Words: 8270
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 9:56 pm
Race: Konti