Location [Syliras Entrance] The Main Gates

Please post here first after registering!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Main Gates

Postby Istril on June 25th, 2013, 11:13 pm

1st of Summer, 513 AV

Istril's tired form trudged on alongside the caravan she had been accompanying. Though the city of Syliras was within sight, Istril continued scanning the horizon, looking for threats to her traveling companions. In truth, she likely could have let her guard down several days ago, after their first encounter with a Syliran road patrol, but what kind of guard would she be if she simply deadened her senses and hoped that danger would not find them? Danger always found the unaware-- one's only defense was to expect it, no matter where it was one was staying.

The city grew larger as they approached, and eventually, two humanoid figures became visible at the hulking gates. Closer inspection-- along with a little bit more walker so their small figures were more distinct-- revealed them to be heavily armored gate guards. Wonderful. Istril could only hope they weren't the sort of guards to extort tolls. The caravan soon reached the gates, stopping for some sort of routine inspection, but Istril carried on. If the caravan had reached the walls, it was safe enough without her vigilance. She threw a little cursory wave over her shoulder, and continued on into the city of Syliras.
Istril
Tipping the Scales

Words: 33138
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2011, 6:31 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Draven on June 28th, 2013, 6:05 pm

A sole raven landed infront of the guards, who eyed the bird with increased suspicion, as it started pecking its feathers, paying no attention to both men. They attempted to shoo it away, but the raven simply ignored them. Suddenly it locked its eyes onto the guards, and started cawwing loudly. As the men were about to grab their swords, a glowing light enveloped the lonely raven. The light gently bundled behind the bird, it's tendrils swirling around eachother as the form a young boy appeared before the astonished, albeit increasingly suspicious, men.
The boy looked at the raven, commanding him to leave the gates, with a motion of his hands, and turned its face towards the guards.
' Don't worry, guys,' he said laughingly ' Just wanted to make a flying entrance! '
Unsure of what to do, both men put down their swords, and let the ghostly boy enter the City of Syliras, while making a mental note of the boy and lonely raven... in case they would turn out to be trouble-makers after all.
Last edited by Draven on June 30th, 2013, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draven
Player

Words: 27806
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2013, 4:08 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ever Indio on June 29th, 2013, 9:37 pm

1st summer 513 AV

Ever smiled as she rode Elsa to the city of Syliras... For once the horse was obeying her and for that Elsa deserved a treat! But maybe later...
"There's a good girl!" she giggled before approaching the guards, telling them that she was looking for shelter and comfort. She waited calmly as they checked her belongings then allowed her to enter the city without any trouble...
Ever Indio
Player

Words: 6354
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sohco on July 10th, 2013, 1:56 pm

24th of Summer of 513 A.V

Sohco exhaled a deep, relaxing breath as he approached the city gates; he was home. He approached the imposing gate and peered upward, looking for anyone who could open the gates and allow him to pass. His eyes befell upon a guard who stared back at him, obviously waiting for him to say something. Noting the guard's impatience, Sohco called out to the guard, requesting entrance to the city. He made a point of it that all he wanted was work, a place to sleep, and perhaps a bit of ale. The guard looked at him for a short while, pondering this, and then barked an order to some unseen persons.

The gates soon swung open and Sohco proceeded to the guard station where after a short series of questions asked by the guard along with a quick inspection, he was allowed to continue into the main portion of the city.
Sohco
Player

Words: 6509
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2013, 1:37 pm
Character sheet

Postby Genryuu Senkou on July 13th, 2013, 11:00 pm

26th of Summer of 513 A.V

Genryuu breathed a sigh of relief as he neared the gates of Syliras. It had been an exhausting trip, and he was looking forward to shaking off all the sand and dirt that had caked over his clothes and his body from his travels and enjoying a nice long bath in the public bathhouse.

That, a nice pint of the local brew, and a good rare piece of meat will do nicely to help him recover from his journeys, he thought to himself as he watched the guards rummage through his few sparse belongings. The guards muttered a few words as they glanced at his iron quarterstaff, but eventually they relented after he explained that he was from Nyaka, the city reknown for their warrior monks.

"Perhaps this is finally the city where I'll be able to settle down and cast my roots..." He muttered to himself as he stepped through the gates and into the splendor of the city known as the jewel of the Sylira Region.
Genryuu Senkou
Doctor, Warrior, and Renounced Monk

Words: 18459
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2013, 9:27 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kalimalka on July 15th, 2013, 6:44 pm

5th of Summer, 513
6th Bell

Kalimalka might have found it within herself to be amazed if she just wasn't so tired.

The caravan she has been travelling with from Avanthal all look a little worse for wear. They've been traveling for an entire season through the most unforgiving land, and now they they are at the end of their journey they find that their fuses are as short as their food supply and there is at least one person in their group that they want to deck. Kali is not without her fair share of animosity too. She'd been in charge of towing a share of the cargo, only for the snow to dry up so that she has to ride with the horses. And while she was brought along for her hunting abilities (meagre as they are), she did not expect that she would be one of very few who would be in charge of feeding everyone in their convoy. So when the walls of her new home loom out of the ground like a giant stone trap the Kelvic bitch can do no more than click her teeth and feel a wave of strangely dispassionate relief. For soon she shall be rid of these merchant, guard and guide nutters.

As they reach the gates the convoy stops to regroup; money changes hands, gear is stowed away, and small groups break away to enter the city. Kali is with one of the first groups to enter the city, where they are stopped by a knight.

"What is your business is Sylira?"

"I'll be living here. I'm a model citizen, promise."

"Are you bringing any food into the city?"

"If you count dry biscuits and salted pork as food, sure."

"Are your livestock healthy?"

"Just fine."

The knight grunts in affirmation and waves them in.
"I'm speaking Vani."
"I'm speaking Common."

"Someone else is speaking"
Kalimalka
Player

Words: 39642
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 3:38 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Juvlar on July 17th, 2013, 2:41 pm

A man paced in front of the gate. A guard, to be precise.
Juvlar sighed as he stopped pacing and watch the people go to and fro, back to their apartments inside the castle. "What a boring job to be a guard", he though to himself. He looked up at the sky, which was starting to darken. His shift had nearly ended.
He looked around the town. Everything was now quiet, really. The silence was pierced by the sound of footsteps and yells, as one man appeared in the distance, being followed closely by another. They finally came close enough to be audible:

"Stop him! Stop that thief!"

Juvlar drew his sword. Some action, finally?
The man stopped as he saw the guards approach him, and dropped the bread he was holding.

"Balls, just 'ad to be caugh' by som' idiots."

"What is happening here?" asked one of the guards.

"This man here, stole my bread." Said the man who had been chasing the criminal. Juvlar recognized this man as one of the bakers he had bought from in the past.

"Well, here's your bread. Take it back."

"And make sure we don't catch you stealing again, or it'll be off with your hands." added Juvlar to the criminal.

And with that, the shift ended.
Juvlar
Player

Words: 651
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Postby Sei Tendo on July 17th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Sei stepped toward the main gates and paused to take in his surroundings. There was a huge gate with two central post towers, whereas the gates themselves were guarded by two Sylirain knights. Behind this gate was the bustling Syliras City.

Sei stepped closer, spoke a few words to the guards, and watched them open the gates. Sei stepped through and looked around. The city was filled with energy. Sei stepped forward and headed for the Employment Office.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Opala Rada on July 29th, 2013, 12:35 am

58th Day of Summer 513 AV

After a long walk a small clay woman wearing a small backpack, and covered in dust, approached the gates to Syliras. She sighed relieve. As she neared the gates the guards hailed her.

"What is your business if Syliras my small adventurer?"

Rada smirked. She hadn't thought about how she ought to expect more comments about size away from the Pyve. "Beginning my career as an archaeologist my good guard."

"Alright - you may enter the city."

Opala Rada gave the guard a smile and a curtsie and then entered the city gates. 'Now all I need to do,' she thought to herself, 'is figure out how to avoid getting stepped on.'

"You want to live—but do you know how to live? You are scared of dying—and,
tell me, is the kind of life you lead really any different from being dead?"
Opala Rada
The Earthen Archaeologist

Words: 5383
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2013, 11:23 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Jervis Hill on July 29th, 2013, 2:22 am

58th of Summer, 513AV

Finally ... we've made it Jervis thought to himself as he stretched his legs waited for the rest of his cararvan check in with the guards at the gate. He could feel eyes boring into the back of his head.

He turned to see his faithful companion perched atop the head of his horse, Marble, staring at him with a stern gaze .. well stern for a gecko anyway. "Come on, Don't look at me that way Izzy. You heard what they were going to do to me ... " Jervis trailed off by the horrible thought.

"Besides we are here now, I'm sure there will be lots of new things to learn and I doubt the old man's reach extends this far. So we're fine guys and we are on the path I can feel it. We're next to boot guys, Come on, Cheer up" Giving them both a quick pet as he stepped up to the guard.

"What is your business in Syliras, small traveller?" The guard asked as he approached.

"Well I guess I'd have to say to learn about your weapons, styles of fighting, tactics both single and group, training routines, defensive building contruction. I'm sure there is more, I had a list somewhere." Jervis said as he unslung his pack crouched to go through it. The guard looked at Jervis not knowing what to expect. Those were all the things a Spy would want knowledge of but no spy was this stupid surely.

"Ah ha, there it is" Jervis said fishing out a small piece of paper scribbled with notes in seemingly random directions. Jervis flipped the paper over several times as well as side to side. "Yes that's right, Weaponsmithing implements, Common weapon materials, artwork particuliarily sculpture. I've heard this city has art from all over the world is that true? I have a few other things listed here but they are smudged pretty bad." Jervis said looking up at the guard.

"ummm, why ..." the guard said stunned by the sudden end of the mans shenanigans as well as words and still unsure of whether to call the captain to check the boy over.

"Oh that's easy, I'm going to be the world's greatest weapon smith." Jervis said assuming a wide grin and cocking his thumb back at himself.

" ... uhh ya go in I guess" The guard mumbled torn been laughing at how this scrawny little could make a decent blacksmith and awed by how sure he seemed he was going to do it.

"Aye Sir, Maybe when I'm done my training I can make you the finest weapon you've ever held. " Jervis said as he grabbed Marble's reins and began leading he into this new city wide eyed at the possibilities the lay before him.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext