A Favour's Flavour (Revy)

Xi calls in the first of his favours from revy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Ximal on June 9th, 2013, 11:24 pm

59th day of Summer 513AV. 19th bell

The day was winding down and comeing too an end for the rest of the school. Xi however was in his room practcing a new pass time he'd taken up. Drawing. He'd begun to find it an invaluable tool for helping understand how morphing worked. Using this ability to draw Xi could quite easily note down things he was viewing in the world and store them in a book. Xi was finding it easy to draw upon knowledge, and so one of the blank books he'd bought back in the spires was finally finding some use. It's pages filled with drawings of pieces of animal's wolves claws, bear's arms, snake scales. Xi was compiling a list, through individual drawings. Though Xi was still bad at quick drawings if he took his time they came out much better, slow methodical drawing. Xi popped the quill into the ink, and started to sketch out a thought process. Simple but effective a human figure mid flight throwing one of his many moves. Trying to draw it from memory was difficult however he thought he was doing a fairly good job. The slow patient strokes of the quill. Before he'd realized it he'd finished and five chimes had passed.

Xi laied his quill down upon the desk before leaving that book aside to dry. In his bag he'd brought a large amount of parchment. Also from the spires. a season passed. Xi rose from his seat and headed out the door of his room. Towards zand and revy's room. He knocked on it slowly allowing whoever was inside a few moments before he entered.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 10th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Working here at Xi's school was... interesting. She actually enjoyed 'teaching' the students that came for sword-fighting lessons. Her method was to teach them by experience. In other words, she sparred with them and didn't go easy on them. And when she wasn't sparring, she was teaching them the proper way to swing them. Techniques and stuff didn't matter if one couldn't dodge, nor swing their sword properly.

However, today she had no lessons planned, so she could use the school for her own practice. She was still not at a level where she could use either her greatsword or glaive in combat. If she'd take them and fought right now, she couldn't do more then just swinging them around like a madman. It'd embarrass her more then anything, because it just showed how bad she was with said weapon.
She was just practicing her swings, increasing her feel with the greatsword and her control over it. Bring it over head, swing it down while stepping forward, then as you bring the weapon up again, move the rear leg in. Then do this in reverse. Repeat this cycle a hundred times and one has a standard routine that the mercenary uses.

At least a bell went by as she did these cycles repeatedly, taking only a chime break between them. When she was done, she started to practice swinging them in different directions. First sideways, stopping it before the tip of the weapon would go behind her, then bring it up and slash down diagonally, again stopping just in time before she hit the ground.
The weapon was heavy and it was absolutely not easy to stop it when she wanted it, but she was getting the hang of it. With each swing it took her less effort to stop it, yet only little bit each time.

A few more bells went by before the mercenary stopped her exercise. By now she was bathing in sweat and her muscles seemed to be pulling on her. It had become rather difficult to keep stopping the sword in the end. She was gonna feel these muscles tomorrow, she knew that yet she didn't care. Revy felt good about her progress today and it'd be better to call it quits now, before she hurt herself.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on June 10th, 2013, 3:56 pm

XI opened the door to revy and zand's room. Odd. No-one was there, Xi sighed lightly before pulling the door closed behind him. There was only one other place revy was likely to be and judging by the grunts that came falling from the sky now, she was there, in the training room. Xi smirked Interesting. Xi closed the distance from her room to the training hall thinking things over in his head. As he stepped into the room he could see revy practising with another weapon. One she wasn't quite used too. Her great sword, Xi entered the room fully now closing the door behind him quietly. Taking care co not make any sound even in his steel coated boots Xi closed the distance to the weapons rack pulling off a wooden battle axe mirroring the one he himself used. It was about time he got better with it and judging by how revy was swinging her sword, she wasn't quite used to that yet. Xi took up position behind her and rested the head of the axe upon his shoulder. Before speaking lightly. "Well, i thought I'd find you here and it looks like i wasn't disappointed. I actually came to call in the first favour. But i think we could make it a little more interesting. " Xi smirked and tilted his heasd before bringing the axe down in his hand.

" Simple contest, seeing as both of us could stand to get better with these weapons. Of course you can rest first I don't want to have you claiming I won by lack of energy on your part. That and I feel you could use a crack at kicking my ass and this would be a good opportunity. So a simple challenge, three strike challenge. Grab the wooden great sword off the wall if you agree. The challenge is this, three strikes, first one to hit their opponent three times wins. If you win you can call off my first favour and we'll call it there, if i win...I get to add an extra part to my first favour and you cant argue. Fair?" Xi knew it was both a risk and a long shot. But then agian any trianign with an equally skilled opponent was well worth the risk.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 10th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Revy hadn't heard Xi enter at all. She had just walked over to her sheeth, when she heard him. He wanted to challenge her apparently. Well that wasn't going to happen today. Even if he offered her a good deal, her muscles were just too worn out to even think about it. Besides that was that he hadn't done his part of the deal yet. "No thanks to the fight and I ain't fulfilling any request 'till you honor your end of the deal. So unless you have some other business, I would like to take a bath.", she told him straight out.

After that she sheethed her greatsword, which unfortunately required quite a bit of effort and that showed. "Jeez, I really pushed myself too far today. My arms feel like jelly.", she thought to herself. It wasn't that she was blatantly ignoring Xi, but more because she was distracted by hte feeling of having no strength left in her arms. This also caused that she couldn't lift the sword up on her back anymore, because she couldn't get her arms to go above her own shoulders.

Would it be a bad idea to ask this giant for help? If she wasn't going to, she'd pretty much have to drag that weapon behind her and she didn't quite like how she would look then, so she had no choice. "Ey Xi, could you help me carry my sword back to my room? I kinda... can't seem to lift it high enough right now."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on June 10th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Shame she wouldn't fight him he was more just wanting the practice than anything else. Xi sighed and spun the axe in his hand feeling the weight rotate around in his arm. before he placed it back on the rack. "The money is safe. I have enough, trust me. Still you go take your bath, I'll be here for a moment." Xi was about to start stretching when he heard revy ask him for a hand. Xi rolled his shoulders and lifted the sword off of her before smirking. Alirght miss water arms. I'll take your sword back for you you go and have your bath, when your done just come to my room, i'm calling in the first favour. And don't worry i'm not going to be doing anything zandy wouldn't approve of. I know you two are together and i'll respect that." Xi smirked slinging the sword over his shoulder like it weighted nothing, and with his height it almost looked like a normal length sword. Xi sighed before slipping out the back of the training room and towards her and zand's room. "Odd, it's not like her to turn down a challenge...She's either really worn out or really doesn't want to fight me. Xi closed his eye's and shook his head before reaching her room. Placing the sword down against the desk in there was easy enough. Figuring revy would be a while in the bath Xi headed back to the training area. Pulling the wooden axe down from the rack Xi gave it a swing. A slow controlled pace swing to the core of the body.

Then the same swing faster this time to the core before pulling it back faking another swing to the same spot and swinging the axe head around to the left hand side. Xi kept the axe in motion finding that when the axe was moving the weight of the head had a much lower weight, pinning it around his shoulders and down past his leg around his back and then back up, rinse repeat. Before finally bringing it down over head in a cataclysmic chop. Xi sighed slowly placing the axe back on it's stand before adjourning to his room, and sitting back at his desk before picking up his quill and writing in his book again drawing a small sketch of the axe in motion, noting beneath it that an axe in motion was much lighter than one standing still. And carried a lot more force when it finally stopped moving.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 10th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Shooting Xi only a glare at his comment, she then left the room. She really needed a bath. So in preperation of it, Revy went back to her room, grabbed her cotton dress went to the bathroom. It took her almost a bell to be completely done and when she got out, her hair still wet and tied into a pony tail, she went to Xi's room. "So he's gonna draw me... right. I wanna see this. That guy and drawing, god it should turn out awful., she thought to herself as she snickered.

After knocking on Xi's door, Revy entered without waiting for a reaction. "So... that first favor, let's hear it. What do I have to do., she asked him bluntly. She was expecting something rather perverted from him, remembering how he was around Aleksi."Do be careful, because if you ask the wrong thing, you lose the opportunity of this one, as per our agreement", she said, implying to the mortal-danger part.
She honestly expected him to ask her to just be stark naked. He had been staring at her quite a bit when she last met him, so it wouldn't come as a surprise.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on June 10th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Xi was sat at his desk when he heard a knock at his door. Before he could even say come in revy already entered and Xi lifted his book off to one side. Running his fingers through his hair he pushed it out of his face as he listened to her talk. Asking about the first favour. if he asked anything wrong he'd loose out on the favour as per the agreement. Xi just sighed and made a motion for her to close the door. "Right, before you jump to conclusions. I know your involved with zand, so i'm not going to even bother trying to reason my self out her but i'll give you what i know. Firstly, I'd like you to go and sit on the bed, you can remove your dress once your there but that's all. Clothes are difficult to draw, at the best of times. But that's all, cover yourself how you see fit, and from there don't move." Xi lifted the book up to cover his face as he spoke again. "Whilst your getting ready, i'll avert my gaze. I know your probably quite proud of how you look or just don't care that you get looks from guy's like zand. So let's leave out the helpless embarrassed female bit show we.. Right now your a model and that means your something to draw. Not something to be fantasized of fawned over." Right now Xi's tone was more like a business man than a hapless male. "Oh and don't try and get out of this under the " endangerment clause" because were in the middle of nowhere in a room with NO windows. the only one liable to hurt you hear is yourself , because i won't.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 11th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Yep she heard it right... and just as she suspected, he asked her to undress. Well... it wouldn't have been a problem if she had worn any undergarments, but... she didn't. How unfortunate to have just gone through all of them. She was actually planning to buy new ones tomorrow, but she hadn't expected that this guy would call in a favor so soon, nor that it'd mean that she'd have to undress.

Revy turned around and started to pull her dress off, while she was walking to the bed. She didn't want to waste any time with this and, while rare, she trusted his words about the safety. While she was undressing, some of her scars became visible. First the one on her upper leg, just above her right knee on the side. And then a bite-scar, clearly from some animal, on her right hip.

When she reached the bed, she had taken off her dress completely, revealing her stark naked body. With that she also revealed her tattoo on her right upper arm. And her little memory from the myrians on her left. If Xi was attentive, he could almost immediately see why the woman never exposed her arms. Nyka was just not a city where she could walk around with that proudly without consequences. "Well, how do you want me to stand. Also, make sure you do NOT mention this to Amelias in ANY way. I don't want her to find out what I'm doing for her.", she barked at Xi, clearly displeased.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on June 11th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Xi held his book infront of his eyes trying his best to look uninterested, though it may have failed lightly he was beginning to work with his flux lightly. He could feel his heart rate rising again. Xi looked up from his book just in time to see her dress fall and her turn to face him. The obvious things caught his attention first. His face was already beginning to burn with a bright red, but he used the flux he'd surrounded his heart with to slow his heart beat and reduce the blood flow to his face. Returning his heart rate to normal he took a slow breath and placed the book down. His eye's them moved to other stand out features namely the tattoo upon her right shoulder, an evident reason to not show off her arms in public, at least in nyka. His eyes then ran down over the other curves of her body to her scars only a few marred her. A scar looking like it was from some sort of stab wound and then a bite mark upon the opposite hip. He knew she was warrior so he'd expected this. Xi took a deep breath and was almost immediately met with a harsh whip crack of a tone. How did he want her to stand ? And he was to not mention any of this to zand.

Xi smiled lightly. "Of course I'm not going to mention this to zand. Who do you think would be getting shanked if i did ? And as for pose? I leave that up to you. I see your confidence in your body is strong. So i leave you to choose how I draw you. Just remember once you pick your pose you cannot move, until i'm finished. And I'm not going to ask you to do so in silence. Gods know that would be boring as explaining to an akalak women are good for more than just breeding." Xi finished his last sentence with a slight sigh before placing the book in his hand down and adjusting the parchment in-front of him. Almost telling her "when your ready". "I also see why you keep your shirt on. That tattoo on your shoulder...It reminds me of the ones cade had. So I'm supposing it's a myrian tattoo? Don't worry I'll also keep that under wraps as well. Despite what you may think of me I'm not exactly a monster nor an idiot."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 11th, 2013, 6:54 pm

The mercenary sighed. So she could choose? Well it be easiest to use the stance she always used when she was hired as a guard. So she walked over to the wall and leaned against it. She crossed her arms and legs, while she looked at Xi. This particular stance she could hold for bells.

She didn't have anything she wanted to talk about. Instead she just relaxed, something she couldn't do when guarding. "I just hope that Zand doesn't find out what I'm doing right now. I'm sure she'd be pissed off, but if she doesn't want me to do studf like this again, she'd better start laying more attention to me. I don't like it that we only see eachother at night.", she thought to herself.

The woman hadn't realized that she closed her eyes. It was easy to see that she was quite tired. If Ximal wouldn't talk to her, she was going to fall asleep soon, yet she'd still keep standing the same way.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next