To Stroke Thy Frost

Evalin comes to a dying Minnie in a new guise

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

To Stroke Thy Frost

Postby Philomena on June 19th, 2013, 1:46 am

Override if AppropriateI'm only guessing at what you would allow here, Eva-dear. If you would refuse this action, tell me so, I will write it shorter. If its allowed, I just didn't want to ruin the flow, and thought it would let us wrap up quicker.
Philomena mused quietly at the woman's words. She was silent a moment, then worked up onto her elbow with a great strain of her plague-gnarled back. Her eyes squeezed shut in pain then, as she fought to a sitting position. She was pale, and her hollow wasted face a little green in the cheeks. Her breath came faster, both with the strain and with her emotion, as she stared, almost blind-eyed at the girl. Then, very slowly, and with her breath bated she leaned forward licking her dry lips, and awkwardly found the girls mouth. The kiss was soft, and rough-skinned, the tiny sharp corners of dry, flaking epidermis like a rough rasp across the collapsing mouth. She was feverishly hot against the frozen child-skin, and her breath could not hold back long, running fast with the pain involved in leaning her belly forward, running in a channel across the child's face, and down to pool in her hollow collarbones. And now, tears came, the quivering of shut eyes and tired face sending them plashing hot onto the girls cheeks, lashes.

And she leaned back again, silent just a moment, before saying, "My sweet-child, my ancient mother. Before all these things, my sister. If I am deserving of your side, oh fair one.... if I am. It is only because I have refused your offer. Would you have a love who came crawling to you by cowardice? No, oh my fair one. If I live, I shall write you. If I die... then when you find another scribe, perhaps, you will make of me a footnote."
x
Last edited by Philomena on March 20th, 2015, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

To Stroke Thy Frost

Postby Evalin on July 24th, 2014, 4:41 pm

The kiss was unexpected, and wide went Evalin's eyes as she found herself unable to react. Blinking slowly, however, she did not pull away but allowed the poor dying woman to take what little comfort she could from a meaningless gesture. When it was broken Evailn turned away, taking the latch in her hand though she paused before she opened the door.

"One day, dearest Lefting, again shall I pass through this city. Different shall I be, as ever I am different upon meeting first and second. Come I then to find you." She glanced back them, her eyes looking Minnie up and down, "One may not trust the letters sent by foot of man, so easy is it for foolish mortals to stumble partially along the way and lose that which is precious to others. Thus... Should you live carve your own initials upon this door where I might find it, and I shall know to search for you."

She opened the door, stepping out half way before pulling up her hood and bowing her head slightly to the woman, "When that day should come, be your initials carved and your existence be known to me, so shall I come to collect from you that which is owed. None shall stand in my way, and the very foundations of this city shall rock as the shadows and darkness proclaim 'come she Evailn, the silence before the storm, the last breath of life. Let all flee from her wrath who would stand between her and that which belongs to her'."

Look sideways at the other woman, the insignificant whelp, Evalin grimaced as she looked back at Minnie, "And do find for yourself a more... worthy caretaker, for this one pleases me not." With that Evalin turned, closing the door behind her with a final, "Till when next we meet, be that in this life or in the office of the cruel tyrant Lhex. Pray that one day you shall be with me then as well, for ever shall the stories flow that you shall be required to take down for the future generations." And then she was gone. So closed this chapter in the tale of Dr. Lefting and the Immortal Witch... but surely there would be more to come.

OOCI think that should wrap it up! What do you think?
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

To Stroke Thy Frost

Postby Philomena on July 24th, 2014, 5:37 pm

The doorframe, the doorframe... in the doorframe, carve...

She shuddered slightly falling back to her pillow painfully, "Oh, Dira. Dira, why do you come now? Qalaya, Mother Qalaya. What stories we could write, of this one!"

She coughed again, painfully, the blood reaching her hands again, laced in filigree, dark and heavy with weak breath, dark almost to black. Mourning lines, a black lacework on her palms and fingertips. Weaving her own death-shroud, from the fibers of her own breath.

"Good night, daughter, good night. Accept no master but thyself, oh, my daughter. Oh, learn, child... learn."

She closed her eyes, and dreamed feverish dreams, of a beautiful child, so small, so thin and pale. The sickly cold, like a starveling, like... Lanie almost. Almost. And that hunger, in her eyes, that endless, endless hunger! Like Lanie. Almost.

x
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

To Stroke Thy Frost

Postby Keene Ward on April 5th, 2015, 8:36 am

Grades

“For there is nothing lost, that may be found, if sought.”
-Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queene

Philomena

Skills
    Subterfuge +1
    Storytelling +2
    Investigation +2
    Persuasion +2
    Socialization +5
    Observation +3
    Rhetoric +5
    Negotiation +1

Lores
    A Promise Rekindled

Rewards/Consequences
None

Notes
Very poetic. The mix of visuals with the flow of your writing really painted a scene in all aspects of the verb. Thank you, it was well worth the read.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a PM!

Evalin

Skills
    Reimancy +1
    Rheotric +4
    Socialization +4
    Land Navigation +1
    Intimidation +3
    Negotiation +5
    Investigation +1
    Persuasion +2

Lores
    A Promise Rekindled

Rewards/Consequences
Evalin's book of summoning rebound and tended to by Philomena Lefting as per request.

Notes
The matching of style and flow was really impressive, for both of it. The whole thread read as one cohesive piece; very well done.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a PM!

Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Previous