Search for a Songbook

Krisa visits The Good Book in search of a songbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Search for a Songbook

Postby Krisa on June 22nd, 2013, 11:14 am

8th Day of Summer 513av -- Noon

Having been in Lhavit with a job as a performer for quite some time now, Krisa found she was in need of a good songbook. A book where she could write down chords that she learns. Or to document those she already knows. As she was learning more songs these days, it was about time she used an actual book with a score sheet.

Moving inside she noticed that, even though the space seemed to throughly cramped, there was still a feel of ariness. It was a nice little store that she had only ever looked at as she passed it by. She moved towards the counter, and, trying to remove the feeling of dizziness she felt when dealing with a shop keep: Especially a male shop keep she asked for what she wanted. This man was rather different it seemed, as he had managed to bring a smile to Krisa's face before she had even spoke with him. The notes of a melody were being hummed, Krisa could hear them from across the room. A pleasant sound, one which the young lady found calming.

As she was thinking this the pleasent singing ceased, and the shopkeep appeared at his counter "Welcome, Miss, my name is Keper. What is it you are looking for" He asked, voice soft and kindly. She immediately liked this man, he seemed like someone who has been through much, she could see it in his eyes and in the wrinkles on his face, yes he smiled so gently, it brought a smile to Krisa's face.

"Hello Mister, I'm Krisa. I wonder if you have any music books where one might be able to write down notes and chords? Specifically for a flute?" She paused "Paperbound is fine." She was glad, at least, that she had remembered to use common to ask. She had many times tried speaking to shop keeps in Nari and gotten some strange looks "Ay? Is that lady squawking at us? She's having a laugh!' Something like that, would run through their minds, as she imagined it. It was a little comical, she supposed. Nari was a beautiful language, or so Krisa thought.
"Of course." Keper said moving to the back. "We have those readily available, there are many musical sorts in Lhavit." He smiled and moved to find aha Krisa had asked for, the melody beginning again as he did.
"I sing as well" She said happily when he came back with her book "What were you singing, if you don't mind my asking?" Keper looked puzzled and shook his head.
"I haven't a clue what you are talking about." He handed her the book "That'll be 2 Kina, please" Krisa was somewhat disappointed at his denial, but she didn't push the man. She handed over the money with a smile, and a small bow of her head "Thank-you," She said,
"Please, come again" Keper said as she turned to leave"

She was happy about her purchase. She knew she'd eventually aim to finish every page with notes, and scrawled lyrics.

Krisa
Voices...whispers...yells...screams

Words: 92099
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:13 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Search for a Songbook

Postby Elysium on July 13th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Krisa

XP:
Observation +2