Closed Wrath Meets Lust

Aidara //

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Wrath Meets Lust

Postby Raif on May 29th, 2013, 1:52 am

Never so aggravated. Never this close to wanting someone’s world to lie in ruin once he had finished with them. Raif was normally the quiet and reserved one by all appearances. His storm raged from within, his eyes the subdued instigator that never flinched when the other’s snapped. But this Dek Licker was drawing upon the last remaining thread of his patience, and she just refused to shut up!

The petch is she? A spider monkey?

Her python leg slithered gruffly around his waist, confusion momentarily registering upon features deeply immersed in enmity. Swinging her ungainly body around, his arms fled out to his sides as if to make another grab, but realization quickly dawned on him when he felt her ungainly frame latch onto his... hair!

Grunts of indignation tore from the Endal’s stretching throat, his elbow swinging wildly behind him as it scuffed the bony protrusion of her hip and recoiled. Did she just…?!

Through aching muscle and sweat her voice hissed like drops of acid upon the barrier of his resolve, freezing him in place long enough to give her teeth purchase of his flesh. Blood-smeared lips exposed a vicious blood-washed snarl. As if he’d just shoved a handful of berries into his mouth and crushed them with all the strength of his jaw.

Nothing could curtail the resulting roar, the final link to his sanity severed as the world became filtered by a crimson glaze. So very few of his kind cared for familial ties, but not Raif. Survival first: a motto they’d been charged to live by whether their defiant eyes agreed with it or not. An endless cycle of blind procreation, hunting, toiling, fighting.

One of the few Dek who remembered his parents. One of the few who still cared for them still. They rested along with a sister that the world had already forgotten. Such potential wasted. It made the writhing Endal sick to think about, but more importantly, deeply insulted to hear the woman’s words.

He fell to the earth, but it seemed to hardly concern him by the twitch of rage encircling his left eye, the sky an ocean of blood that cared so little for his struggle. And if the world refused him, then it was only natural that he refuse the world.

All the Endal wanted was to see the girl scream in terror, feel her suffer just as his sister’s eyes had quietly suffered. Right before her death. Mabiri hadn’t screamed. Why hadn’t she screamed?

A passing thought and no more.

Orange needles and clods of dirt spat up from the pitiless earth, a fraction of the wind knocked out of him, his legs spinning overhead as he allowed the momentum to carry the rest of his body until the world made sense again. It was an awkward recovery, stumbling as blood rushed and then drained from his head. His right hand brushed with something in his attempt to regain balance. A rock.

Back on his feet and sauntering to the left. The girl was again within his sights, retreating. One fist raised, the other clutching something unforgiving and slate gray. It fit into the palm of his hand, no heavier than two pounds. Jagged as it scraped the callused flesh of his hand. If this was how she wished to play, then the only recourse was to stoop lower.

”Shut your whore mouth! Like a child-” His arm swung back before launching forward again, releasing the rock in his hand as it sped sharply for her head with a hiss of wind chasing behind it. ”-who doesn’t have a petching clue what she’s doing here. How she found you worthy to ride-”

Raif bounded towards her, feet scraping against the earth when she came within distance, his right leg already sweeping out for her left knee from the side, toe pointing inward like a blunted knife point. No mercy. ”-shames all Inarta WHO CLAIM YOU AS KIN!”

Too many envisioned battle as an art form, filled with masterful brush strokes of the sword and valiant invocations that decimated one’s enemies. In truth, it was no more than chaos. Sweat sleeked, blood dripping, lung burning, chaos.

Last edited by Raif on June 18th, 2013, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raif
Player

Words: 68633
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 4:14 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Wrath Meets Lust

Postby Aidara on June 5th, 2013, 10:06 pm

Having slung the insult without any real thought as to what she was saying, Addy was completely caught off guard by the fire that ignited behind Raif’s eyes, sparked by her words. Unsure now of what exactly had left her lips, the little woman let her defensive stance fall from pure shock, a few stumbling back until rough edges scraped at the exposed skin of her back, the bark of the tree tearing at her as she pressed against it. “What the petch is wrong with you!”

But he kept coming, practically foaming at the mouth with those crazy eyes locked firmly on her. He saw nothing else, and she was the sole outlet for his rage. “Don’t you dare touch- “ Seeing the raised hand Addy’s words left her mouth as a string of shrill yelps, instantly regretting the decision to back herself against a tree as she tried to duck and dodge away, only to be prevented by the trunk, its ragged bark-y fingers snagging and pulling at her clothes. Keeping her there. “Stop it! YOU’RE CRAZY!”

He was screaming at her now, and Addy only vaguely caught the words as her attention focused solely on the hand poised to strike her. The sweep of his leg caught her by surprise, effectively pulling her leg from under her. The little woman jerked to the side in attempt to keep her balance, the palms of her hands scrabbling at the bark, the soft skin scraping and slicing open as her feet tangled and she went down hard.

“You’re a crazy mother petcher and you just need to get the petch away from-“ And she saw the rock clutched in his fist, the pointed end akin to the tip of a dagger and angled down towards where she lay sprawled. “No!” Ignoring the biting pain as dirt and pebbles ground down into her wounded flesh, Addy pulled herself backwards, her feet kicking wildly in attempt to help propel herself backwards. “STOP! Don’t do this!”

Addy knew that she had no way to defend herself now; the adrenaline that had formally allowed her to push herself harder now inhibited her, making her knees week and her head rush and swim. She couldn’t stand, and even if she tried he would be on her before she could even move an inch. “Think about what you’re about to do!” Though her voice still cracked with fear, she knew her only option was to quickly flip gears. Reason was her only friend left. “Hit a woman while she’s down? What kind of man are you?” Okay so she couldn’t keep the venom from her voice nor stop the insults that still managed to slip past her fear. "What kind of Endal kills another Endal in simple cold blood? What did I say that deserves something like that?" There was just something about this man that angered her to her core, whether he was trying to hurt her or not.

“My Eagle will be here in any moment, and even if you do manage to take me out you will still have to face her.” It was a bluff; Sira wasn’t coming, but Addy spit the words with all the ferocity that remained to her, glaring up at the man who stood over her, poised to strike.
x
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Wrath Meets Lust

Postby Raif on June 18th, 2013, 10:07 pm

His body had turned nothing more than a conduit for unbridled rage, skin warming to the blood bubbling beneath his flesh which poured out drops of glistening sweat. Her cries filled his ears as little more than whispers given to the dead, the Endal’s only concern to see her in pain swallowing that which did not feed it life. Looming as one dark presence above her, Raif could feel the unsettling climax drawing like a curtain towards one single, inexorable end. All he had to do was strike.

But the moment he had been hoping for, and quite nearly forgotten in the tide of his frenzy, pierced the red lens of the Endal’s eyes like a knife’s edge, freezing the murderous look emblazoned upon his features in place. His haggard breath seized, if only for a moment, shoulders stilled somewhere between jagged ridges and soft foothills. In her eyes he saw a glimpse of Mabiri’s own, helpless against a fateful ending, pleading for him to stop.

Both arms fell discouraged against his sides, muscles burning from a sensation his mind had not seen fit to burden him with until now. The Endal’s hands felt like dead weight across bryda covered thighs, impossible to lift even if Raif had found a change of heart in those few passing ticks. It was not pity that had replaced the acrimony, but neither was there the slightest trace of compassion. It was apathy, bred from the confusion his heart felt torn by. She was not Mabiri, but neither was she his mortal enemy.

Staggering back a few steps, Raif thought to call out to Zibas for an expeditious retreat just to avoid the aftermath. The condition he was in, however, proved impossible to open that link which had before come so readily towards him. Resigned to his own paralyzing thoughts, the straggling Endal sank to the ground and leaned his back against the trunk of a nearby tree, eyes glazed with the hint of contempt that was still subsiding from his wracked nerves.

He could hear the beat of his own heart through his ears, chest laboring to consume enough air to satisfy the pain in his lungs. The departure of the adrenaline left his entire body slightly paled, sweat drops cooling against his skin in the dry climate sucked the moisture form the air. All around he could hear the sounds of the forest that had once been doused by the heat of their argument. It was peaceful, and offered a chance at catharsis.

Given the woman’s penchant for prattling on like an untrained yasi, Raif’s gaze passed over her as a decrepit smile slowly weaved its way onto his countenance. His voice receded to the calm, dark tones it had before fists had been thrown. “You certainly do like to talk, being surrounded by something you know full well is absolutely filled with danger. Who, in Ivak‘s name, told you to come out here?”

Within the peripherals of his vision, Raif recognized an object he had quickly discarded at the beginning of their scuffle, far enough away that he would have to stretch to reach it, but still within distance should he need to make a lunge. He just hoped it wouldn't be needed any time in the immediate future, his muscles still pleading with him to rest.

Raif
Player

Words: 68633
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 4:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Wrath Meets Lust

Postby Aidara on July 9th, 2013, 10:04 pm

“Sira.” Despite the fear that practically rattled her bones, deafened by the blood that whooshed through her ears in tandem with the sickly appealing surge of adrenaline as it rushed through her limbs, leaving them light and tingly, Addy answered Raif’s demand with neigh a tremor in her voice. “Sira sent me here to do what I could while she hunted.” More than a little thrown by this Endals sudden propensity to talk, when only ticks prior he had wielded a rock whose destiny was probably her face or some other easily squishable area, the little woman tucked her legs underneath and used what strength remained to push herself upright. Her hands sought and found the rough bark of the tree at her back and Addy clung desperately to its wide trunk.

“And I wouldn’t use his name in vain like that. How do you know what Ivak knows or wants?” Unable to resist just a little more snark, Addy turned her face away from the young man while she spoke, catching the look he had darted to his side and spotting the long since discarded bow; it hadn’t been much of glance but the little healer was carefully watching the man looming above her for any twitch of a muscle. “Oh, so you haven’t given up on trying to do away with me, eh? Well. Go get it.”

Pushing herself away from the tree, Addy shakily took a step forward. Why in any gods name she did this, even she didn’t know. With barely any strength left to her and with no idea what this man was actually capable of, the easiest explanation was that she had simply gone crazy. “I’m going to pick up my stuff and be on my way. Shoot me in the back, if you want. If it’ll make you feel better about yourself.” Wobbling and keeping her chin high, the little healer moved to the pack and all the gear she had dropped around the clearing, slowly working to gather it all back up for the second time.

It took longer this time, Raif’s movements stoutly ignored until she had the awkward mess of traps slung back across her back, clanking and clattering away. It was only then that she turned back towards where ever he had moved, her face kept as neutral as she could manage, though even that proved to be a struggle. The anger that she had felt building within her chest had dissipated while she focused on the task of gathering her things, only to return with a vengeance when her gaze found his stupid, smug face once more. The hatred she felt for this man was borderline irrational; it would have been completely irrational if he hadn’t almost killed her. Thank the gods for justification.

“You aren’t worth the dirt that I walk on, and I am ashamed to call you kin. You insult me, my gods, and my lover to think that you could have in any way, shape, or form, treated me like this without some sort of repercussion. Just you wait.”
x
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous