Completed The Unknown Must Become Known

Gad & Michaela try to find clues as to who killed her parents

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Unknown Must Become Known

Postby Michaela Abendroth on April 24th, 2013, 3:42 am

((sorry that I haven't posted my usual long post, I am awaiting an answer to see if I can talk for the NPC's or if I need a mod to do it for me, but once I know the answer I will be able to post a longer post hopefully ... I can't wait to read yours though :) ))

Michaela looked at Gad before he walked off ...
"Sure sounds easily enough, be the opposite of what I am."
Michaela said as she started to walk towards the opposite side of the slave market. Michaela seen a sign that said Slaver's Row ... Everyone kept giving her scared looks, and she hated it but she knew that this is what she had to do if she was going to get any serious answers (she hoped) about her mother at all.

Michaela walked into Slaver's Row and started to look around. Now which slaves did she want to talk to? Which ones would know what she needed to know? Who could she ask? How could she find out who had known her parents?

All these questions clouded Michaela's mind, but then she looked around and started to focus on where she was going to start and who she was going to ask first. Michaela knew that there were 4 people that she could talk to in Slaver’s Row that own different parts of it but she didn’t know whom she would ask first or what she should ask them. Michaela seen a bench outside of one of the buildings and she decided to sit on it to think about who she should talk to or whom she should go and see or what questions that she should ask. Sometimes she wasn’t very quick about this, and she didn’t want to let out that it was her mother that got killed just in case someone from here was the one that did it, as she knew that you could hire people through here to do killings for you, and if they were looking for her, she didn’t want to be their next target right away.

Michaela wished that Gad was with her at this very moment, but she knew that he was out and looking for answers to help her. Michaela sighed and continued to sit there and think.
I love to RP if anyone wants to create one and needs people or want to do a 1-on-1 just let me know :) I love to RP :) And I am up for any!

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

When my character speaks or is thinking to herself I use Italics "with italics"
Michaela Abendroth
Player

Words: 47233
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2013, 1:00 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Gad on April 25th, 2013, 10:44 am

Gad stepped a distance from Micaela, and then looked over his shoulder to see where she went. He ducked his head down and circled around some of the stalls, and very carefully, very surreptitiously, followed Micaela as she wandered down Slaver's Row. He tailed her until she decided to sit on a bench, which is when Gad slide into an alley way and then doubled back to the Slaver's Market, being very careful to note Micaela's position. Gad eyed the patrons of the market and the vendors. It was certainly a rough crowd, but Gad had seen rougher. He could work with the right one. Gad picked a more portly gentleman. He reasoned, fat meant money, having enough money to not just eat well but be fat meant you liked to make money, and you didn't like self control. Gad loved people with no self control, it made his life so much easier.

Gad approached the man. "I've got a slave for you." Gad said to the fat slaver, who's glazed eyes rolled over Gad incredulously in response.

"I've already got slaves." The man said matter-of-fact. ''What makes yours special eh? What 'er you selling?"

"An investment." Gad pitched. "With this slave, you'll earn your money back in half a season, maybe even a quarter." Gad made the most honest looking smile he could, being sure to smile with his eyes and not as much his mouth. People trusted you for your eyes he'd found. It's affect must've been limited as the salver didn't change his doubtful expression.

"So, why don't you keep it?'' Was the slaver's reply.

"I'm not a slaver." Was Gad's honest truth. The man looked to be considering it for a moment and then Gad interjected. "What's your name sir? I'm Gad, by the way." The young wizard offered out a firm hand. The man sent his questioning look at the outstretched hand before relenting and shaking it. He then introduced himself.

"Names Jotham, now Gad, tell me about this slave you want to sell me." The man's expression looked slightly less severe.

"Well it's simple really. She's a Zith. Meaning, you can have her, train her, and then send her to catch other slaves for you. Think about it. Once you've broken her you can have all the slaves you want, she'll just go catch them for you. It's perfect."

The man looked curious now, but still skeptical. "Wait, wait, wait a chime here. You can't slave a Zith, they're willy, too dangerous. They've been raised around slaves, been raised to take slaves, it's what they were born for. How could you get one to be a slave?" Gad shook his finger and grinned.

"Ah, but that's the beauty of it. Not this one. She wasn't raised to be a slave catcher like her ken, she's meek, and best of all she's young, she can still be conditioned. Now, consider this. You send your flying night huntress out in the dark on a single night, and she catches you what, say three slaves a night? Even just two, hik, even just one. Do you know how many slaves that is a season? What a huge return on investment that is?"

"Er...uh-"

"Lots. It's a lot of slaves is what I'm saying. Now obviously you'd have to train her and teach her, and before that, break her. But once you do that she'll pay for herself in no time. Now, what do you say?" The slaver master still didn't seem quite sold on the idea and was hesitant to carry out the transaction.

"Look, it sounds good, but sounds good doesn't wipe the shyke stains out my pants. You got me curious, but I need to see the product first, you know that." Gad bowed his head low in response and grinned.

"Of course of course," the wizard chimed, "When you see what a fine specimen she is, and what good condition she's in, you'll have to buy her. I'll bring her to you now. Here, lend me a length of rope to bind her hands and her wings with. Come on now, you'll get it back when I bring her to you I'm only borrowing it." Gad took the rope. "I'll be back shortly and we can discuss the price." Jotham's eyes narrowed as Gad prepared to retrieve his companion Micaela.

"This better not be no petching trick boy." The slaver warned.

"Of course not." Gad replied pleasantly. He returned to where he'd seen Micaela sit down out and walked up to the Zith girl. "Micaela my friend, I have a plan, but you'll have to follow my lead." Gad echoed what he'd said to her the other night at the Blood Pits. "Trust me on this." Gad's green eyes flashed at Micaela's pale yellow ones. She was built quite well, Gad couldn't help but notice. "I think I know who we can talk to about your parents, but I only can get close to him if I'm selling him a slave. Now, I would pretend to be your slave," Gad showed her the ropes "but he already spoke to me and knows I'm not a slave. So, I need to tie you up in these ropes and bring you to him to get him to trust me more. Don't worry, I'll cut you out as soon as I get him to talk about your parents." Gad said sweetly to her. "Come here, I have to tie your wings up to make it believable, I promise I won't make it too tight."
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Words: 265579
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 2:07 am
Race: Ghost

Postby Michaela Abendroth on April 25th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Well there goes that idea, Michaela thought to herself.
Michaela thought about what Gad had said to her and so far he has not done anything to harm her, sure things do not always go completely as planned and she knew that, but also maybe if she went along with it, she could ask other slaves where she was going if they knew anything about her mother or her father.

"I will go along with your plan, only because I know I can get myself out of the tight spot if needed, but I also see the opportunity to ask the other slaves that he may have if they have heard or know anything about my mom and dad."
Michaela said to Gad with a smile on her lips.
Yes, this plan could be very useful in her favor.

Michaela turned around so that Gad could tie up her hands behind her back and her wings back. Those sharp talons on the end of her wings, everyone was afraid of them. Michaela also tucked her families heirloom inside of her clothes so that it could not be seen.
Michaela would kill anyone that would try and steal that from her, but at this moment that is not what she wanted to do; so she tucked it away for safe keeping.

Michaela then started to walk back toawrds where Gad had came from.
"So which one exactly are you selling me to?"
Michaela asked him with a little bit of a worried tone.
I love to RP if anyone wants to create one and needs people or want to do a 1-on-1 just let me know :) I love to RP :) And I am up for any!

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

Michaela Abendroth
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gad on April 28th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Gad smiled coyly as Micaela presented her arms to him. She was right, at least about being able to easily escape. Gad eyed her claws. She'd be able to cut through these ropes if she could get a finger beneath them. Gad took her hands and said "Here, clasp your fingers together, like you're praying." Gad then wrapped the rope around her hands and wrists, and knotted the ropes as best as he could. He grabbed another length of rope and tightened it around the base of her wings, yanking on it a bit to make sure it was snug. The wizard laughed. "Well, rest your mother's soul, but it's probably best she can't see you now. Having strange men in the slaver's market tie you up? Haha, you'll get a reputation.'' Gad joked to her. Gad looked at his work and, satisfied, began leading Micaela towards the slaver's stall.

He looked back over his shoulder at her and noticed she was doing a pretty good job of looking sullen and down, just like a captured slave would. Or, maybe she really was that depressed. Considering the turn of events that lead her here, he could understand why there seemed to be a genuine anguish behind her eyes. Gad stroked his chin at her question. "Ah yes, the gentleman goes by the name of Jotham. Chunky man. You'll see." Gad and Micaela arrived to the stall. There Jotham leaned against the wooden stall and inspected Micaela from afar as the duo approached. The slaver had a slight incredulous grin on his face, and he was gently shaking his head left to right in disbelief. Upon noticing Gad couldn't help but feel a little proud of himself. Hook, line, sinker.

Gad presented Micaela to her new master. "And here she is. Just as agreed upon." The slaver walked around Micaela, circling her, inspecting her, seeing and almost disbelieving. He grinned as he eyed her, and then the fat slaver Jotham called out, and a frailer and much younger man with strong resemblance appeared near by.

"Boy, go get the chains, and the paper work." Gad shifted his weight as the slaver commanded his son to bind Micaela in chains. Gad winked at her subtly to let her know to just play along for now. He had a plan. "This one may seem docile enough, but I don't want 'er gettin loose and causing a ruckus with those talons of hers." The man's son nodded and the slaver turned to Gad and let out a light chortle. "Boy's been a burden on me. Always. Tell me dear wife a dog can fetch just as good, but she insists I bring him out here with me everyday. Ah well, 'spose it's good he learn the trade young." He rubbed his fat belly and sighed. "Now, down to business. What're ya asking for her?"

Gad sucked air through his teeth and eyed Micaela up and down. "Maybe, say, one thousand?" Gad framed it as a question with his inflection and immediately regretted this. In reply Jotham let out a puff of air.

"Well, hehe, no. I'm thinking more like three hundred." Gad's eyebrow raised and his jaw clenched.

"You know, there are other slavers here. Eight fifty." Now it was the slaver's turn to raise his brow. Just then Jotham's son returned with the chains and a chest which he sat on the stall. Jotham opened it up and retrieved from it some parchment, a quill, and an ink well, and he began to pen the contract.

"I don't think so." The fat man said. "How about... four?" Gad shook his head. "Come on, that's a good price!" Gad continued shaking his head and pointed upwards. "Four-fifty. I'm not going any higher."

"Seven fifty, and I'm not going any lower." Gad crossed his arms and looked down his nose at the man.

Jotham scoffed at this "You know, there are other slavers here." He mocked as he finished writing the contract and slid it over to Gad, while his son bound Micaela in her chains. The contract still had blank spaces where it said 'agreed upon amount' and where Gad's signature was to go. Gad took the quill from Jotham who shook his head. "You're a hard sell, but you're not crazy." The slaver said.

"Thanks, you too." The wizard flatly retorted.

"FIve." The man displayed as many digits on his hand for emphasize. Gad raised his hand in similar gesture but made his blink.

"Five fifty." At this Jotham groaned and muttered, but also nodded while looking off to the side. Gad filled in the agreed upon amount and signed his name as 'XXX'. "And I'm keeping your quill." The man released an amused puff of air and did his hands in a shooing motion to the quill. Gad handed the contract to the man who looked it over. After another gesture with his hand, Jotham's son took Micaela inside their tent with a number of other slaves. "Where are you taking her?" Gad questioned as the slaver took out a chest and began to count the Mizas.

"Oh just with the rest of today's purchases. Gonna sell em to a breaker over in Ravok, prices are better out there."

"Ah," Gad said "so you're just a middle man."

"Just?" The slaver grinned.

"Ah you know what I mean. So Ravok eh?"

"Yeah, leaving on the first ship tonight. To be honest, if it weren't for you coming along I don't know if today's pull would've even covered the cost of moving their bodies." The slaver filled a sack with Gad's Mizas and pushed across the table to him. Gad picked the fat coin bag up and counted his loot, then shoved it into his jacket.

"Oh? I thought slaves sold for a lot in Ravok."

"They do, but today's lot wasn't all that healthy for the most, and it's a rough journey. They don't exactly travel in the lap of luxury. Doubt half the lot would make it."

"Ah, of course of course."

"Say, where'd you find this one anyways?" Jotham would normally not ask a question like this, but Zith were hard to come by free, let alone as slaves.

"Shhh," Gad put a finger to his lips as he walked away, "I can't tell you that now can I?" Gad made sure to keep the jingle from his new coin purse to a minimum as he walked out of the slaver's market. Micaela would get the chance to ask the other slaves her questions, and it would look suspicious if he lingered around here all day.
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Postby Michaela Abendroth on April 30th, 2013, 6:41 am

((sorry for the late reply, I had a family emergency, my grandma's funeral and I it was a last minute decision, and I had no internet and was not even allowed online on my phone as it was a time for mourning ... I am sorry for making you wait ... I should be home in about an hour and then I will post then, I am just writing to let you know that I am sorry and I have not abandoned the thread.))

As far as Michaela could tell, Gad had tied the ropes tight enough but not too tight, but how was she going to get out of here before they started to send them off to Ravok? Oh she better make this as fast as she could. As soon as the slaver’s son let go of Michaela she looked around at the other slaves. Michaela hoped that someone around here would be able to tell her something. Michaela looked around and around and seen a pretty beat up, old slave there. As Michaela started to walk over to him she seen that he looked down and would not look at her and he was starting to shake in his feet.
“Hello, sir!”
Michaela whispered to him, while looking around at the other slaves, making sure not to draw too much attention to herself or to the man,
“I am looking for some information about my parents, do you think that maybe you could help me?”
Michaela whispered to the man.

The man looked around at all the other slaves and seen that no one was really paying attention to what was happening. No one really cared that the Zith was walking up to this man. They knew that if she tried anything that she would be killed, and they also knew that she was a Zith and Zith slaves were not that common around here. The man than looked back at Michaela.

“And whom would your parents be?”
The man whispered back to Michaela.
“My parents would be Carnage & Venom Abendorth.”
Michaela said with quite an evil smile, as she didn’t even have her dad’s first name completely out of her mouth before the man started to look extremely worried.
“Well what have you heard about what happened to them? Why were they killed? Do you know who killed them?”
Michaela asked and as she did the man shifted his eyes back and forth and then started to talk but could not get the words exactly out.
Michaela looked both ways to make sure nobody was paying attention and she grabbed the man by the throat and banging him against the wall. Some other slaves started to back away but didn’t say anything. Sometimes it isn’t soo bad being a Zith. Michaela thought to herself with an evil smile.
The man tried to speak but couldn’t because of Michaela’s hand around his throat. Michaela slowly let the man down and then continued to stare at him until he finally spit out the words.

“I do not know who has killed your parents. Nor what race he or she was. Your mother was running away for the owner of me, whom I never got to meet because I was instantly traded to someone else because he did not like me. I have been a slave ever since. I do know though, that through the grapevine, that she were murdered by the head hancho in a different city. You should go and talk to someone in the Daggerhands, they might be able to tell you something. I am sorry but that is all that I can tell you because that is all that I know.”
The man said to Michaela, still scared very badly.

Michaela nodded her head and then went on her way. Michaela looked around at the other slaves but none really stuck out at her, and she didn’t think that any of them would be old enough to be able to tell her about what happened to her parents although that didn’t mean anything. The info that the man gave her could also have been very wrong but he also could have been right. The information didn’t even tell her that the Daggerhands are whom killed her father and Michaela herself knew that this could not be true, because of the list of cities she found under her moms bed. All the cities were crossed off but the last one, but Michaela knew that she had to visit all the cities to find out as much information as she could.

Michaela than looked around and tried to plan out her escape plan. Michaela went over to hide behind some boxed that no other slaves were near. Michaela raised her hands to the talon tips on her wings and cut the ropes loose and then Michaela gently used her hands to loosen and finally remove the ropes from her wings and then she silently walked over to where the Slaver’s son was guarding the exit. Michaela quietly snuck up behind him and hit him hard on the head with her head, Michaela caught him right before he hit the ground. A soft groan came out of his mouth, but as Michaela put him down, he was passed right out. Michaela looked around and could tell that the Slaver was not around.

Michaela looked left and then right and then ran acrossed the road. Now to find out where Gad was with the new information that she had consumed. Speaking of consuming, Michaela was hungry and she needed to feed. Either on person or animal but she needed to feed, maybe she could get Gad to kill someone for her.

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

Michaela Abendroth
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gad on May 4th, 2013, 2:09 am

((That's fine Micalea, you certainly don't have apologize. I'm sorry for your loss))

Gad stretched and grinned to himself, satisfied with how he'd handled his little problem. No debts, no problem. Hahaha! This worked out so much better than I expected! He grinned. Ovek had finally taken pity on his wretched hide. Five hundred fifty Mizas! He mused. More than I've ever seen in my life. Oh man, I'm going to buy so much petching pulp it's not even funny. Gad whistled along the way as he contemplated just what to do with his ill gotten coin. He was still with in view of the market when he caught a glimpse of his leathery winged former companion creeping about. He stopped cold in his tracks. How...how did she get out of her chains!? He cursed his luck, but breathed slowly and gently, making sure to remain calm. He'd finally had a victory, and he wasn't going to squander it. Gad ducked off into a corner and eyed the girl from afar. She seemed lost. He'd wished she was a little more lost. He thought about what to do. He couldn't report her to the slave master, he'd just demand his money back. Damn, Gad thought, after he finds her missing, I won't even be able to show my face on this end of town any more. Not that I'd want to anyways, but still...

The wizard pulled a dirty burlap sack, thick with the scent of slaves, off of a nearby cart. It smelled of shyke and urine, but Gad didn't hesitate to drape it over over himself like a hood. He turned several corners left and right through the windy alleyways of Sunberth, looking over his shoulder the whole time sure he wasn't followed. Finally, he arrived at his apartment, and he scurried up the stairs like the rat he was. He locked the door, pulled the drapes to, and ducked down into a corner of his room. He spilled the coins out of the pouch and counted them greedily. He wondered if duping that Zith was really all that bad. She did want to find out what happened to her parents after all. In the end he couldn't bring himself to feel that terrible about it. The slaver would be after her, not him, as she was the valuable commodity. Well, hopefully at least. In the mean and in between, Gad had his coin, and that was all he'd ever cared about.

((Gad Exits Thread))
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Postby Twister on August 12th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Experience Award

Gad
Grade :
Experience: Haggling 1, Intelligence 1, Investigation 1, Persuasion 1, Rhetoric 1

Lores: Michaela's Parents Were Brutally Murdered, Michaela's Mother and the Daggerhand, Sunberth's Slave Market, "Mutual" Benefit in Slave Trading, Making a Sales Pitch for a Zith Slave

Miscellaneous: Feel free to add 550 GMs to your Character Sheet and record them in your Ledger. Also make sure to pay off the debts on your character since earlier threads and the Seasonal Expenses. ;)

Comments: I'm growing really fond of Gad. He has no issues whatsoever to take advantage of people who let him in order to put himself on top and that's awesome! I like the way he thinks! Keep up the good work! :D

Michaela Abendroth
Note :
Hello Michaela! There's an intervention posted to your CS, and until the issues have been attended to, I'll hold on to your grade. When you've finished fixing the issues with your CS, PM me and I'll add your grade here!
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous