Completed Yet More Study [Castor]

Castor and Tsaba take a closer look at Auristics

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Yet More Study [Castor]

Postby Tsaba on July 5th, 2013, 1:55 pm

"We should probably design the flyers together, but I can make them," Tsaba said. "I don't need to sleep so I have a few more free hours in the day than you do. It might be best if you head the look for Aurists; I find that being a Nuit has a slight tendency to confuse people or bias them against me, so I'm probably not the best face for the project... especially a magical research project. As for finding a professor... couldn't we just ask Lisaelis for her advice? She'd have to know which professors are likely to be interested in this sort of thing, wouldn't she?" Tsaba frowned. "Actually, we should probably tackle that before we make flyers, because exactly what sort of backing we have will inform what sort of financial compensation we can offer. Although we could just not specify the amount on the flyer. For the questionnaire, of course, we can simply come up with ideas and pool them before we start experimenting."
Thanks to Abstract for the lovely boxcode!
Tsaba
Player

Words: 200581
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 10:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Yet More Study [Castor]

Postby Castor Riley on July 6th, 2013, 10:52 am

Castor nodded along to Tsaba's suggestions. "Well, I guess that's decided then," he said when she was done. He stretched his back backwards in the chair, cracking it audibly in the quiet library. He wondered how long they'd been there, debating all the details of their project. He knew it was probably quite long, but it had felt like just a few chimes; he had heard it said that time flew by when one was having fun, and now he had experienced it.

"So, we'll get to looking for professors to back us, then get fliers done, then look for Aurists, before finalising our experiment and conducting it. Have we covered everything?" He asked. He had been getting more and more excited as their project began to take form; now, he couldn't wait to go out there and begin the actual preparations. There was a lot to do, but if they split the work between themselves, they'd get it done fast enough. He smiled, thinking of what lay ahead.
Always open for a thread! Feel free to PM me!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Words: 127927
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Yet More Study [Castor]

Postby Tsaba on July 6th, 2013, 12:25 pm

"I think we're about done here," Tsaba replied, her quill moving along parchment. She'd started writing once she'd finished speaking, and shortly after Castor finished, she pushed the parchment towards him. Taking up about a quarter of it was a notice:

AURISTS WANTED

For simple university experiment

Monetary compensation offered

For details, contact:

"Does this work for a flyer?" she asked. "Apart from out details, is anything missing?" Once they'd agreed on an outline, she could sketch the flyers out in no time.
Tsaba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Yet More Study [Castor]

Postby Castor Riley on August 14th, 2013, 9:07 am

Castor took a quick look at the simple and concise flyer Tsaba had written up. Everything seemed to be in order. "That looks great!" He said. "It contains all the necessary information, and it's simple and to-the-point. It also allows us some leeway to work with the compensation, depending on if we get university backing or not." He paused, re-reading it for a second. "Though, perhaps we should use 'research project' rather than 'experiment'. Don't to worry our potential subjects." He laughed, and began gathering his things back into the backpack.

When he was done he looked up, letting out a breath. "So we begin. We know what we need to do now, so, hopefully, we'll be able to start everything up officially soon." He smiled. "Hey, when do you want to get that drink, after all? Sorry I can't today, but my stomach can only take so much kelp beer in a 48-bell period."
Always open for a thread! Feel free to PM me!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Words: 127927
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Yet More Study [Castor]

Postby Tsaba on August 14th, 2013, 9:36 am

Tsaba shrugged and waved a hand dismissively. "I'm sure a time will open up in your schedule of intense study and serious drinking eventually," she said, "a time that I may have the honour to exploit. We can settle it later. I'll make these flyers up and start distributing them, and then we can think about the rest. I still have no idea where to find a professor to fund all this, though, if Lisaelis can't help." She frowned. "You should speak with her on that; you're acquainted, and I'm not." She started packing her belongings. "I'll see you around, then?"

All in all, it had been a pretty productive meeting. And nobody's life had been at risk.

Tsaba was really starting to like Zeltiva.
Tsaba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Yet More Study [Castor]

Postby Abstract on September 19th, 2013, 11:28 am

Tsaba

Skills

+ Auristics - 1
+ Socialization - 1
+ Planning – 3
+ Writing - 1

Lores

+ Flux: Amplifying Physical Attributes
+ Symptoms of a hangover
+ Castor’s Studies
+ Syliras’ policies on Magic
+ Trying to find more Aurists
+ Planning an Auristic Experiment

Other:

Castor

Skills

+ Running - 1
+ Socialization - 1
+ Planning - 3

Lores

+ Drinking too much Kelp Beer means a Hangover…
+ Tsaba’s work in Sahova
+ Trying to find more Aurists
+ Planning an Auristic Experiment

Other:

Notes

Just a note Castor. How did you know Tsaba had such trouble with time? Anything she said didn’t indicate that… just her thoughts. Be careful about that next time, ok? I liked Tsaba’s definition of hangovers though… very…. Blunt? Other than that, very good planning thread! It was very in detail and realistic…

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this grade, please PM me and we can work it out!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous