Sweet Secrets

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Sweet Secrets

Postby Favre on August 19th, 2013, 5:07 am

Sweet Secrets

Type of Business: Goods and Service

Goods and Services offered:

(Zulaca Crop) Sweet tobacco (per lb) 8 sm
Cape, Half 1 gm
Cape, Full2 gm
Cloak 5 sm
Breeches 8 sm
Jacket 6 sm
Vest 3 sm
Shirt 1 sm
Blouse 8 sm
Pants 5 sm
Chemise 1 sm
Girdle 6 sm
Undergarments 1 sm
A custom fitting for an outfit (Whatever is listed in the Price list, with the addition of a 1 gm service charge)
Garment Modifications:
Beaded or Buttoned - (Price x 10)
Brocade - (Price x 5)
Demasked - (Price x 3)
Furtrim - (Price x 1.5)
Bells, Simple - (Price x 10)
Buckles and Chains, Simple - (Price x 10)
Dyed - (Price x 1.5)
Lace Trim - (Price x 4)
Bells, Fine - (Price x 20)
Buckles and Chains, Fine - (Price x 20)
Embroidered - (Price x 5)
Fabrics Available:
Leather - (Price x 2)
Satin, Velvet - (Price x 20)
Cotton - (Price x 1.5)
Base Income: Tailor 4 gm/day
Skill Bonus: Competent sewing - extra two gm/day
Total Income: 5.5 gm a day (Sales Bonus Included)

Assets:

Structure: Shop (Simple) 600 gm
2 armchairs (Fine) 40 gm
Desk (Fine) 12 gm
Fine chair 5 gm
End Table Fine 2 gm
Shelf Set, Fine 4 gm
Supplies of fabric, garments, and sweet tobacco - 1000 gm (approximate worth)

Debit: 1663 gm loaned by the Zulaca family

Notes: If this seems like a bit rough of an attempt, I apologize, this is my first time making a business sheet. Also I grouped that last part in because I'm not exactly certain of the prices I might be able to obtain from the Zulacas through extensive role playing so I figured giving the shop a sort of product allowance would be best.
Last edited by Favre on December 15th, 2013, 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Favre
Player

Words: 10736
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2013, 4:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Sweet Secrets

Postby Gillar on August 25th, 2013, 8:43 am

Approved with the following notations:

Your first attempt at a business sheet looks good. As far as your inclusion of the Zulaca crop is concerned, since it is just a side thing, similar to offering a a soda in a hardware store, I don't see an issue with having it on your shop's price list.

I will also approve a 1 gm Sales Bonus to your plan which will add to your final income.

The only thing that I am basing this approval on is the addition of some garment modifications as listed in the Price List. This would include different fabric types and any decoration or styles that are offered. Other than that, your looking good!

Business Plan Disclaimer: As with all business plans, I am just approving the plan itself. Final approval of the business and any NPCs is separate from the approval of the business plan.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Sweet Secrets

Postby Favre on August 26th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Firstly, thanks for the feedback on this, I added the addition of garment modifications and based the fabric choices on what I felt might be available in Kenash. If you think I might need to be a bit more skilled in my profession before offering certain garment modifications, I'll be sure to change those to reflect my skill.

Thanks again,
Favre
Favre
Player

Character sheet

Sweet Secrets

Postby Gillar on September 8th, 2013, 5:47 am

I've been informed by Gossamer that due to your not being able to bring in enough income while having an employee, you will not be able to repay your family loan in the two year time frame. I would suggest perhaps making your assistant a slave. You could still have them as an apprentice or perhaps take an apprentice later on when you have more income. My point is that using a slave and putting the up front cost in your debt, you would end up with a higher income to cover it.

If you used a slave, your income would be 5.5 gm a day as opposed to 3 gm a day (sales bonus included).

As a side note, the benefit of having an employee, be it slave or otherwise, is that you are able to spend less time focused just on your business which allows you time for other things as opposed to those without employees/slaves who must spend much more time in their shop else risk gaining numerous negative sales modifiers.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Sweet Secrets

Postby Favre on September 10th, 2013, 2:52 am

Oh thanks for pointing that out for me, I'm afraid I was getting ahead of myself with that. To fix things, I chose instead to go with a Shop (Simple) so that I could keep the slave, pay off my debt in two years, and still be able to handle my living expenses.
Favre
Player

Character sheet