Folk songs and the like

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Folk songs and the like

Postby Roderick on August 22nd, 2013, 8:31 pm

Just a little question that occurred to me recently; each culture will most likely have it's own oral traditions/songs etc. So far though I've not seen anything to do with that, which begs the question; are there specific songs that are sung, e.g. in A Song of Ice and Fire 'The Bear and the Maiden Fair' is a song that is often sung in taverns and inns. I'm only asking because if you wanted to increase your character's singing skill you'd have to make something up or not really sing any words as such - just different notes.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Folk songs and the like

Postby Verilian on August 22nd, 2013, 10:51 pm

Such songs have to be created, and most of us don't have time to do it. You are welcome to create songs though. I have a policy in Ravok. If somebody creates a song, story, poem or whatever, and I don't think it's absolutely terrible, I'll add it to the Ravok lore under Songs and Stories. So far I've only got two.. but still. I don't know if other cities have anything like this, but there is that in Ravok.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Folk songs and the like

Postby Roderick on August 23rd, 2013, 6:42 am

Thanks for the reply Verillian =)
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes