Is this the real life...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Is this the real life...

Postby Vetari Violet on August 23rd, 2013, 6:47 pm

...or is this just one of the most unique fantasy RP forums I've ever seen?

Hello! My username here is Vetari (veh-TAH-ree) Wolfsbane, but you can call me Vetari or just Tari. I've been involved in tabletop roleplaying and improv theater since I was quite young, and consider myself an intermediate-advanced roleplayer. However, I only discovered forum roleplay about a season ago, and have very little, though positive, experience with it. I'm a writer and consider myself literate-advanced in the English language. I also speak a little Spanish and Japanese, so if anyone needs help learning English from the standpoint of either one of those two languages, I'm here to help.

I discovered Mizahar by way of a random Google search. My previous forum board had gone stagnant and I was aching for an interesting fantasy world. When typing "Fantasy forum rp" into Google, Mizahar is the first to come up, and after wandering the site for a while I discovered that this was the place to be for what I'm looking for.

I tend to write from the position of a third-person omniscient, which can be difficult when I don't know all the factors in play (like the fact that there's an assassin behind that boulder, etc.) but tends to go along well with this kind of forum, where we have GM's and such. This is actually the first forum RP I've found with GMs, as the others have all been self-policing. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

I tend to write suspense and thriller short stories, which I use to help build tension in the forums. I'm well versed in the world of horror (being a fan of a ton of shitty horror flicks) and I've GMed a ton of tabletop games, so I can be pretty brutal to players while still making it fun and interesting. I think the most interesting and important thing about a good story is character development, so I will always strive to put my characters and those around him/her in situations where they will be pushed to their own personal limits and forced to grow to overcome the obstacle. As a side note, I'm really bad about romance plots. For some reason they all end up crashing and burning. I don't know why this is.

My favorite thing about Mizahar so far is how much work has been put into the world, and how hard you're all trying to make this a good, unique experience. Too often I see Tolkien-esqu worlds labeled as the only acceptable form of fantasy, and Mizahar proves them wrong. There is more to fantasy than elves and dwarves and high magic.

The most frustrating aspect of Mizahar I've run across is it's lack of organization. You have a ton of information, deep and interesting information, all scattered about. I was looking at information about Zeltiva and had 5 tabs open with different crucial information about this place, and none of them had links in them that would send me to any of the other vital information pages. At the very least I would suggest having everything linked with the wiki as it's central point. That could help new players that aren't as stubborn as I find what they need to write alongside canonical events and places.

When is comes to the Mizahar experience, I'm looking for a number of things. First of all, I've come for the community. This looks like a great place to find international friends with similar tastes, and I'd love to be part of such an interesting and complex community. Second, I've come to improve my writing skills. I've always thought, ever since I discovered forum RPs, that it would be a great way to explore new plots, new characters, and to evolve my style so that it could be more appealing to readers. And third, I expect to have a whole ton of fun. I really enjoy roleplaying, and I can't see that changing anytime soon, so I hope that Mizahar can bring to me what so many other RPGs have brought to my life.

I hope to eventually become a GM for this site in some capacity, and I look forward to the experience of playing with you all. Please let me know if you're interested in an RP with me, as I really would adore getting a fresh start with someone.

Thank you for reading!
~Vetari Wolfsbane~
"Normal font in quotation marks is speech in Common."
"Italic font in quotation marks is speech in Symenos."
Italic font on it's own in internal dialogue.
Vetari Violet
The Crimson Seer; devout of Viratas

Words: 43604
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:56 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Is this the real life...

Postby Noaru on August 23rd, 2013, 7:46 pm

DAT introduction.... I welcome you here to Mizahar! I believe we will get along; especially, knowing that you enjoy suspense and horror type themes.

I hope you stay with us for awhile. :thumbsup:

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Is this the real life...

Postby Verilian on August 23rd, 2013, 8:30 pm

Let me be the second to welcome you to Mizahar! Great introduction. I think you'll find a lot of what you are looking for here. We are truly a community on this site, and we all (hopefully) constantly strive to become better writers. I know what you mean about the lack of organization, and trust me, we're working on it all the time. Stuff is added to the lore and forums constantly, though, and it's hard to keep track of everything. Old stuff gets scrapped, new stuff takes it's place. I'm currently working on a big overhaul for Zeltiva, actually, starting with the University. You can look forward to that early next month. We welcome new staffers, once you have put in your time as a player, but are open to suggestions in the many development threads throughout the site. So feel free to take a look at those.

I hope you have an amazing time writing here, and I look forward to seeing what you can do. Enjoy, and keep writing!

~V
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)