The Iron Pipe

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

The Iron Pipe

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 7th, 2013, 7:17 pm

The Iron Pipe

Business Type: Goods

The iron pipe is a rather large, professional looking shop with a large glass showcase window next to a wooden door stained green with dyes. Needless to say the interior of the shop has a pungent tobacco smell, which is oddly accompanied by the scent of walnuts. Immediately inside is a 400 sq./ft. parlor with polished willow floors and a large area rug beneath a glass table and assortment of armchairs. Ringing the room are large glass cases with various flavored and unflavored, dyed and undyed tobaccos from the Rajor plantation. If one wishes to purchase any wares, they mush approach an enormous oak counter, where a clerk can assist them. Inside this counter is a number of the more expensive and luxurious strains of tobacco, available only upon request. However, the numerous selection of custom pipes sitting behind the counter are available to any with enough coin to purchase them.

Further into the shop one could easily find the main office, which smells of cinnamon and tobacco smoke. This is where the owner, Nalahessarajor, can most often be found, attending to the enormous ledger that sits atop an imposing polished mahogany desk. In the corner of the room sits a few assorted armchairs and a liquor cabinet, in case the shop is in the situation where they must entertain important guests. A window looks out onto the river flowing past, and allows the casual observer to watch passers by on the toll bridge some ways down the river.

In a small nook of the shop one can find the door that leads down to the storage area. This is where the scent of walnuts emanates from, as it is the most pungent of flavorings added to the tobacco when it is freshly added to the shelves. A polished marble floor reflects the dim torchlight that illuminates this space, with shelves rimming every wall and taking much of the space in the center of the room. At one end of the room, however, sits a small table and two chairs, where the woodworkers carve their pipes every day and organize the inventory of the shop.

Goods
Unflavored, Undyed Rajor Tobacco: 6 SP/lb.
Flavored, Undyed Rajor Tobacco: 9 SP/lb.
Unflavored, Dyed Rajor Tobacco: 9 SP/lb.
Flavored, Dyed Rajor Tobacco: 11 SP/lb.
(x2 for Special Blends)
(x4 for Secret Blends)

Common Woodcarved Pipe: 4 GM
Elaborate Woodcarved Pipe: 7 GM
Exotic Woodcarved Pipe: 12 GM

Base Income: Shopkeeper: 4 GM/day
Skill Bonus: Competant Leadership: 2 GM/day
Sales Bonus: 1 GM/day
Total Income 7 GM/day
Assets:
Structure: Elaborate Shop (2000 GM)
Structure: Simple Office (200 GM)
Structure: Simple Storeroom (250 GM)
Armchair, Good x4 (32 GM)
Desk, Fine x2 (24 GM)
Table, Good x2 (6 GM)
Shelf Set, Fine x8 (32 GM)

Total: 2544 GM

Debt 2544 GM to the Rajor Family
Last edited by Nalahessarajor on September 9th, 2013, 6:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

The Iron Pipe

Postby Gillar on September 8th, 2013, 8:01 am

A very nice design for a business sheet; pleasant to look at, easy to read with details and an overall good format, thank you! Approved with the following notations/modifications:

Your Final Income, after subtracting the slave's living expenses, is 5.5 GM / Day. Unfortunately, that doesn't provide you with nearly enough income to cover your debt that is to be paid back in two years plus your living expenses. I would suggest reducing your structure quality to simple at least on your office and storeroom while maintaining an elaborate shop. This would allow for a common lifestyle for your character.

Of course, if you are able to raise your skill level enough to gain greater income later, you will have more money coming in, be able to pay off your debt sooner while also increasing your lifestyle and upgrading your business. Initially however, you wouldn't be able to afford all shop rooms at elaborate.

So my approval is based on modifying your room qualities as mentioned with the understanding that you will be able to afford Common as your lifestyle initially with much room for growth and advancement.

Business Plan Disclaimer: As with all business plans, I am just approving the plan itself. Final approval of the business and any NPCs is separate from the approval of the business plan.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The Iron Pipe

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 9th, 2013, 6:33 am

I made the necessary changes regarding the rooms. You were right, the numbers just didn't add up in my favor. Unfortunately, unless I make Expert Leadership I won't breach 2000 GM profit in two years even without the slave. This is because, as a Dynasty Brat in the newly opened Kenash, I need to maintain a Good Living Expense if I'm to stay in the family. As such, I'll only have a net income of 2 GM/day. So in the end I took out the slave to boost my income and decided to run the shop all on my own. Hopefully I'll be able to power-level Nala's Leadership within the next 2 years (I don't think that'll be too much of an issue), because my business depends on it.

Thank you!
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet