Kenash's Comments Questions & Suggestions Thread

Please feel free to pop in and make suggestions or ask questions. Comments are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is Kenash's development forum. Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions as well as join in any discussions that are currently ongoing.

Moderator: Gossamer

Came up with a legend...

Postby Eyasia Lorak on September 8th, 2013, 10:40 pm

The Did wrong Slave
Before this legend starts... :
Not a lot of Dynasties know of this story. Elderly Dynasties killed and banned slaves from telling this horrid legend because it scared them and gets the slaves hopes up.

No one remembers what Dynasty Gretchen belonged too. Some say Morealis, others say Paille and than there are the people who say she was passed around. Gretchen was a very, very lovely slave. She was pretty, she was kind, and very intelligent. The slave woman taught herself to read and write at a young age, because of a Dynasty member who read and wrote every night before they went to bed and she would have to stand there holding a candle over his head.

She did it all, field and house work. At a very young age her back have out and she started walking with a slight hunch. Although she could read and write, the girl still didn't understand big words like other slaves. That's how the Dynasties would make fun of her at event, with words she couldn't quite understand.

It went from making fun of her, to the dynasty that owned her. The other dynasties would say stuff like, ______ Dynasty always had the worse slaves. Things became worse when the poor girl lost a limb to a working horse in the field. Events we're cancelled at that Dynasty's home because they just knew Gretchen would be fixing the food.

Although the Dynasty did not care if the faithful slave cooked their food but they did care what the other dynasties thought.

So they tried selling get, dirt cheap. But not even the freeborns wanted her. They traveled to Riverfall and tried to give her to them for no fee! But the turned down the useless slave.

They grew desperate and just decided to lock her in the basement. The dark cold chamber with one candle and little to no water. Gretchen, the sweet and kind slave had turned. She grew crazy in that small room and screamed to get out. But every time she screamed, she would get five good lashes. It grew to the point that the next time she received water, she escaped.

It was quite satisfying to hear her gone, the Dynasty family did not even care. Three long days went by peacefully, but the next night, three slaves we're missing. Not just any slaves but the disformed and the ones who were treated real bad. It went from just that one plantation to all the plantations. All of the "Ugliest" or the ones who we're teared apart by the insanity of working in the hot or cold. It was an outrage and the slaves we're going nuts!

In order to stop this, they teamed up to find her. The best hunting dogs and horses we're use. They even whipped some slaves into finding her, bribing them with the idea of freedom. They didn't find her but they did find something satisfying. Her dead body, looking as if it has been drowned. It was odd how as soon as they reached her body, a loud scream that could be heard all through Kenash happened.

They followed the scream back to a Dynasty's slave headquatars. Not just any dynasty but the one she has been living in her past life.

The slaves sworn they saw a spirit writing on the wall in blood, right over the bed Gretchen use to sleep in before she was in the basement. When the men and women looked closely at what was written, they we're frightened for it read:

"As the dynasties fall and turn against each other, I will raise. Don't worry my sweet labor children, for the pain will be over. Your children will not have to be sold, the elders will not be worked, the females won't be use and no slave will ever be abused again! When I return, the dynasties heads will be lined up on a golden table and you will get the luxury life you deserve..."

Love always,

Gretchen
You’ve got the wrong girl
Cause I got your number
I don'tdon’t know what kind of spell
you think I’m underThis ain't a feel-good, "Everything's fine" sing-along

"A wise woman once told me that
War is very common. Especially among women,
And I just stepped into the biggest war zone."
Eyasia Lorak
Exotic Beauty and Newest to the Lorak Family

Words: 30155
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2013, 3:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eyasia Lorak on September 9th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Could you reserve #2 for a fortune telling shop known as Mothers know best and 26 for Kenash's School of Mannerism?
Cause I got your number

Eyasia Lorak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Banickle on September 9th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Hi Eyasia!

You need to be a bit more specific when claiming a spot. Which #2 are you asking for? There is a #2 on most islands, as well as each bank. Also, we already have a Konti PC who will be doing tea readings in her shop. So I'm not sure a second fortunetelling venue is necessary. At least not at this time. As for the School of Mannerisms, I'm going to refer you to the Codex and the part pertaining to Education in Kenash. At this time, there are no formal institutes of higher learning. If you would like to craft up a shop that assists households in the arranging and executing of parties - something along the lines of an events coordinator or decorator or stylist - that would be fine, but the teaching of manners is really something that is handled by the individual households/plantations.

Long live Kenash,
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Eyasia Lorak on September 9th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Oh okay!
Cause I got your number

Eyasia Lorak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 10th, 2013, 1:23 am

Do we have to make a BP for businesses our characters will not own or run? Say, if I was to make a business run by freeborns with no relation to the Rajors, would I still have to submit a BS to Gillar? Or do we just pass it by Bani and Goss to get it approved?
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Banickle on September 10th, 2013, 1:56 am

BPs are only needed for PC owned and operated locations. That said, I would probably throw down your basic idea first, just to see if it makes sense and/or to see if it is or is not being worked on already. Then, yes, Goss or myself would sign off on it. What did you have in mind?
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Opal Draer on September 10th, 2013, 1:57 am

Some things - photos that seemed Kenash-y, and a game?

Photos :

Fortune

A game enjoyed by all youths in Kenash, from highborn down to slaves. Dynasty children only play this game with Mizas (typically gold) and slaves play with pebbles of uniform size. Freeborn play with either, depending on what they have on hand.

The object of the game is to throw your Miza (or pebble) closest to the chosen target. Whoever lands their Miza (or pebble) closest to the target wins all Mizas (or pebbles) thrown that round - the "Fortune".

This simple game has simple rules.
- A Target is chosen (Dynasty children tend to use a slave as Target, slaves might use a stump or fencepost)
- Players will form a line, 5 paces away from the Target.
- One by one, players will throw their Miza
- The player who lands their Miza closest to the Target wins the round, and all Mizas thrown
- In the event of a tie, no winner is declared and the fortune is split evenly between the tying contestants

If another round is played, the players advance the distance to 6 paces from the Target, and continue in that manner until an ultimate victor is decided.

Adults and older children will sometimes lay wagers on who will throw their Miza with the most skill, and win the Fortune.
Opal Draer
Player

Words: 40833
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 10th, 2013, 3:01 am

Well, I noticed that we have people selling horses but not horseshoes. Wood carvings but not iron gates. That there were places that needed security but no locksmiths or weaponsmiths or armorers. As such, I was hoping to establish Izurden's Passion, a smithy run by a set of Isurian twins. For this, I'd like to reserve Lot 10 on the West Bank.

For NPCs not related to any PCs and are stationary, can we exceed the 50 XP maximum? I want these twins to be skilled with story behind them, not just two new kids on the block looking to make a quick buck in a field they know little about. I know I need to pass them through Help Desk for final approval, but I want to know before I start working on them. I've read the NPC rules but I want to be sure there's no way to get them above 50 XP to start. I've seen a number of NPCs with starting XP much higher, but almost all of them have been established by STs.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Fiora Radacke on September 10th, 2013, 3:04 am

Can I please reserve 28 on the West Bank for Tangled Tapestries? BP and CS are forthcoming...
Fiora Radacke
Weaving tales and tapestries

Words: 55884
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Banickle on September 10th, 2013, 3:41 am

Nala, a smithy would be great, however (for the first time since the city has opened) I am going to ask that you pick a new location, even though the spot you requested is indeed available. Why? Because, well, the East Bank is for the elite. It has lovely gardens, better maintained roads and walkways, and shops and services that reflect the best of the best. A smelly, noisy smithy is more befitting of the West Bank. Plus, are you going to want to be that far away from the Stable or the Main Coach Depot?

As for Skill Points, yes, you may elevate them beyond the total of 50 points, since they will probably be used for training purposes, but don't go crazy. I tend to give younger NPCs less points, while older NPCs would have more. I also like to give NPCs a diverse set of skills, not just the one or two that fits their occupation. A hobby type skill or some random, unexpected skill always adds dimension to a character.

Fiora, your spot has been taken care of. I listed it as a rug shop for now.

To all, keep those game ideas coming! I'm on the verge of making a separate thread for exactly just that, since we seem to have three or four floating around several different threads. Maybe a legend and lore thread needs to happen, too. Hmm.

Also, I love the images, Opal. Very nice. Very Kenashern.

Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

PreviousNext