Solo Morning exercises

Training Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Morning exercises

Postby Kyodaija on June 20th, 2013, 11:08 pm

16th of Summer, 513 AV.

Kyodaija woke up for the first time in his new home of Ravok; though his new lodgings were only temporary they were comfortable. He decided that he should do some training first thing in the morning so as to stay limber enough in case a combat need arose. He did not have the kind of training equipment that he had back home in his home nest. so he had to make do with simple body training.

He allowed himself to fall to the ground and proceeded to do several push-ups and sit-ups. alternating between the 2. He realized after not to long the fixtures that furnished his new room were not ideally located for him to train with ease. So he ended his warm up exercises and began rearranging the room so as to allow as much room in the center as possible. After a time he had cleared out a considerable amount of space in the center of the room. Allowing for far more freedom of movement. He began doing some more basic full body motion training. Weaving his arms around in mighty thrusts with an attempt to throw his entire body into the swings.

It was most difficult to do the training on his own. As until then he had trained under the strict tutelage of his father.

He decided to take a moments rest sitting down on the floor in a meditative posture. Similar to that which his father used to make him sit, though he rarely listened to his teachings as he was young and impatient.

He spent many moments attempting to meditate, clearing his mind of all thought want... needs... desires... But constantly he found himself wandering off into a half awareness not desired for his meditative trance. He seemed for almost an hour to be getting nowhere with this ridiculous charade and eventually gave up on it altogether needing to move his body from the stiffness of the floor.

He was becoming rather frustrated with his inability to concentrate very hard on his training. He decided perhaps he needed to wander the docks and find something to perhaps focus his attention on for training.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Morning exercises

Postby Kyodaija on June 20th, 2013, 11:18 pm

He left the confines of Tarsin's boarding house, taking to the streets in search of some much needed focus to hone his skills on. Not wanting to slack off from his training he decided to do some running as part of his training. He had not done so very often so he figured it might help him limber up his body to do so.

He had gone out in just his pants with no shoes as was usual for his daily excursions, though it appeared to catch many an eye seeing his viciously scarred muscle bound body. He was not used to see people pay him so much mind, so he tried to ignore the stares and run along. He wanted to go a bit faster than he was so he decided perhaps now was a good time to practice some Flux as well.

He ran on whilst channeling the Djed into his legs... He could feel it surging... building up to give him the boost he desired. But at the last moment as he went to release his burst he felt a surge in his right leg but not his left and found himself spinning in the air from the force of his right leg striking earth. He spun twice in the air before landing on the ground face first with a dull thud. He was not terribly hurt, except maybe his pride...

He looked around to see if anybody noticed but it appeared nobody was around this part of the docks at the time.

He picked himself back up and proceeded to jog normally. Though his right leg was starting to feel a bit strained after the burst of Djed used in his attempt to boost his speed. He decided to pick up the pace anyway, running until his he had to stop to catch his breath.

Again he tried to sit while he rested and meditate, figuring persistence was the only way he could sharpen his mind enough to concentrate.

He again tried to empty his thoughts allowing nothing to concern him. He again found his mind running through various thought. Though he did not try to deny them this time, accepting them and attempting to simply allow them to pass. Though after yet another 30 minutes of attempting this it became obvious that it was again a pointless pursuit. He opened his eyes and decided to instead train his Djed once again. Though he would practice the art of Projection this time.

He tossed a Silver Miza on the ground a few feet in front of himself, allowing it to settle before gathering the force of his Djed to reach out to the coin. He let it extend from his arm grasping at the coin with his mind. He picked it up easily enough. raising it in front of himself slowly bringing it level with his eyes. He had done training like this before as a game with his sister Tira... The goal was to toss the coin up using projection and then catch it once it returns to your field of vision. Doing it this way trains your reflex to reacting to things within your field of vision, as well as increasing the speed and accuracy of your Projecting. A simple but affective method of training.

He flung the coin into the air, and after a moment saw it falling into his field of vision. He reacted to late to the coin though and found his projected Djed accomplishing no more than pushing around the dust on the cobblestone ground in front of him... He attempted this trick 15 times before realizing he would need to rest for awhile before he could attempt using his Djed again. He had almost managed to catch the coin several times. But alas he could not match his sisters skill in manipulation of Djed.

He decided that he should move on to some other activity. Jogging out to a pier on the docks.
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Morning exercises

Postby Kyodaija on June 21st, 2013, 12:13 am

Kyo came to the end of the dock and found the final subject for his training that day. Always an overachiever and wanting to test his skill, he found a rusty anchor that was laying idly by a dock that seemed to see little use. He picked it up and found that it was a suitable weight for what he intended to do next.

He hoisted himself up onto a rather narrow post while holding onto the anchor. He fell several times before managing to balance enough to stand on the thing. But persisted until he could stand on it whilst holding onto the anchor. He propped the anchor out in front of himself then, allowing the weight to put a tremendous strain on his muscles as it stood prostrated out in front of him. He held the position all the while attempting to balance on the post.

After only 30 seconds of this he lurched forward and fell face first into the drink... He barely managed to keep a hold of the anchor enough to hoist it back up on the dock. Then he plopped back up on the dock himself, resting on his back for a moment. He could feel the burning sensation in his arms, though he knew it was not yet time to stop...

He did this routine several times, falling into the water or the dock. Until he was able to hold the position for a whole minute.

He decided this should do for his morning exercises. Placing the anchor back where it once lay, he ran his way back to his lodging, deciding along the way that he was going to eat an extra large haunch of meat this morning...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Morning exercises

Postby Verilian on September 10th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Thread Award

Kyodaija

• +1 Body Building
  • +1 Meditation
  • +1 Running
  • +1 Flux
  • +1 Projection
  • +1 Acrobatics

You Question My Logic? :
Didn't see any lores I could award. Also, I wasn't sure what to give you for the balance training, so I gave acrobatics. If you think of something else that might be better, or have other questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Lores: go here

Notes: A bit of advice on magic. You are at novice level, so nothing is easy. Nothing. Magic takes extreme effort and time for you to produce even the smallest effects right now. You will get more points, lores, ect, if you take more time describing the difficulties of your magic. Also remember that no matter how beautiful your description might be, it must also be a challenge, so while right now lifting a coin is good training, once you get to higher levels you will have to do more challenging things. Anyway, good thread, and keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)