Solo Mother and Daughter

Anna's ghostly mother grows fed up with her daughter's attitude and disciplines her.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Mother and Daughter

Postby Annalisa Marin on September 4th, 2013, 3:32 am

1st of Fall, 513 AV

Anna had opted to stay within the confines of her home today and simply meditate upon certain ideas. Concepts important to her heart, magic and indeed the very nature of the Universe. More to the point her meditation was to help her activate her connection to the Void, to allow her access to that plane beyond her own. Meditating upon concepts abstract in nature seemed to be a good way to activate it. So she sat upon her bed, her eyes closed and her breathing steady.

The world is massive and yet infinitely small at the same time. It is very much finite and there in lies its small size. Compared to the incomprehensibly massive Void it is nothing, a speck waiting to be swallowed up by the nothingness.

Within this world countless life forms go about their daily lives, milling about and simply living day to day. Their lives are insignificant compared to the vastness beyond this world, in inevitable blackness to which everything must one day go. It is a sobering thought, but one that I find strangely comforting. To control a small part of this dimension is to control the concept of nothingness. In that vein it is far more potent than even reimancy is. If fostered it will become one of my most powerful tools.

Anna allowed the thoughts of nothingness to fill her mind, soothing her mind and clearing away her cluttered thoughts. There was only the cold finality of the Void in the end, the truth of creation. Just as order bred the chaos she sought to spread, for everything that began there was an ending to be had. The Void was that ending, and while its coming was inevitable its herald would be the coming of Rhysol's chaos. The wizard knew this in her mind and heart to be true.

Her mind clear, Anna opened her eyes and stretched out her hand. Slowly she started a rough chant in the Ancient Tongue.

"Sutla gug. Gug sutla."

"Sutla gug. Gug sutla."

"Sutla gug. Gug sutla."

Words in the ancient tongue possessed multiple meanings to every single word, which is what made it a loose and very difficult language to learn. Anna considered her own basic grasp to be rather comprehensive compared to the vast majority of scholars she knew at the University. Translated the words she was chanting could mean "That which spans is that which is too large to be counted at a single glance. That which is too large to be counted at a single glance is that which spans." It seemed and appropriate label to give to the Void.

Anna continued her chant, focusing the very concept of eternal nothingness to the space above her index finger. Such was the nature of the Void, so large as to take the form of something so small.

"Sutla gug. Gug sutla."

She willed her Djed to move outward to empty the space above her hand, her face a mask of pure concentration. Perhaps using glyphs might have helped to speed up her casting here? No, it would be unwise to rush into a discipline still relatively unknown.

Already a pinprick of darkness formed above her finger, quickly Anna fed the tiny portal more of her Djed. It was rather like fostering a young flame, only she was feeding it parts of her very being. Another comparison was fitting a copious amount of water into a thimble. She was putting a large amount of Djed into such a small portal, not to expand it but rather to keep it open.

The tiny hole of pure darkness seemed to absorb the light from around it, sucking it into the Void. It hovered just above her index finger and was no larger that her nail yet it required such large amounts of energy simply to just keep it open. A slight trickle of blood was felt dribbling down from her right nostril. It was nothing to be overly concerned about really, it was simply another thing that came with casting at this point.

Sweat was forming on her brow as she fed the portal yet more Djed, trying to keep it open for long enough to study it properly. The sensation of casting with Voiding was very different than it was with Reimancy. It was indeed pleasurable, but it was a different kind of pleasure. Where as Reimancy was extremely primal, Voiding felt rather mentally stimulating like a power trip. It was as though she felt she could consume everything and everyone within the Void, to destroy those who displeased her with a thought.

This was of course untrue, but it felt good all the same. Casting was always pleasant until one gave too much of themselves, then it tended to end badly. Anna had to wonder just how much of her this portal would demand before allowing her to expand it. She continued to feed it, the drain becoming more and more apparent as time went by.
Last edited by Annalisa Marin on September 5th, 2013, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mother and Daughter

Postby Annalisa Marin on September 4th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Limits were something that were important to know when expending Djed, and Anna could already tell she was rapidly approaching her own limitations just by keeping the portal open. It was much like when she had just started to expand on her powers in regards to reimancy, generating even a little bit of res had been difficult and taxing to the extreme. It was all she could do to keep this tiny portal open, feeding it more and more Djed to prevent a collapse. It was rather disheartening, however she of all people knew that power only came to those diligent and hardworking. She would work at it over time, hopefully that would help to improve her abilities in portal generation.

The wizard looked into the tiny pinprick of pure darkness once more, observing the shifting and bending light around it. The urge pounded in her skull and blood was freely running from her nose now, she knew that ending it was the only option at this point. So the wizard simply stopped feeding the portal her Djed, cutting off the well spring of energy attaching the portal to this plane. Nearly immediately afterwards the portal collapsed and vanished, leaving a ripple effect in the air where it had once existed.

The wizard leaned back with a grateful sigh, her skull throbbing and sweat pouring from every inch of her body. The tall woman wiped her upper lip and nostrils on her hand, pulling it back to reveal the crimson liquid painted on her pale flesh. She stared at her bloody hand for a moment or two, allowing a moment of reflection and doubt to cross her mind. Her own magic was harming her in some way, no matter how insignificant it seemed. This was the price she paid for her inexperience and overconfidence. The nosebleeds happened whenever she would cast now, they were mostly just annoying distractions but they were also signs that she had once overgiven rather severely.

Anna took it much like one would a nasty scar, it would fade one day all it took was a bit of time. She lowered her hand and simply tried to relax somewhat, recuperation was important after extensive casting and drain upon one's Djed. Occasionally she would wipe a trickle of blood from her nose, but those soon faded in a couple of chimes. The wizard herself felt hungry, like she could eat a horse and its rider and still not be satisfied afterwards.

She supposed that she would need to eat sooner rather than later, a fact in which she was glad for her supply of rations. They weren't much but she was in no condition to simply go out and seek food elsewhere. At the moment, the most she wanted to do was simply stare up at the ceiling for about a bell and listen to her own breathing.

Apparently that was not in the proverbial cards today, because the second the tall woman had slipped her legs between the sheets of her bed a familiar voice echoed through her humble home.

"Anna, you should be more careful. I thought you were about ready to pass out or keel over dead."

The wizard rolled her eyes slightly at the words, someone enjoyed exaggerating. She had been in control the whole time, lucid and aided by incantations. The only danger she was in was her stomach growling so loudly as to disturb all of Zeltiva.

"Mother, I assure you I know what I am doing. I know my own limits and keep to them easily enough, however without exertion there is no improvement." She replied tiredly.

Her grey eyes flickered to the side as an chill settled over her immediate area, penetrating the protective shield of warmth her covers provided. Standing nearby was the ghostly and transparent figure of her mother, Liana Marin. Rather than looking sad, the specter looked rather irritated which was a change from the usual. She looked much like her daughter, only she was much shorter which amused the wizard to know end.

"Do not simply wave me aside, get up." The ghost commanded, taking a tone she had usually used on Anna when the wizard had been a little girl.

A look of annoyance crossed the wizard's face and she simply rolled over in her bed to face away from her mother, defiantly ignoring the command. Liana was her mother which afforded her more respect than most in Anna's eyes, however she was not just going to obey her every wish. She was a grown woman and not a child, it annoyed her to no end to be treated as a toddler.

"I'm tired. Leave me be to rest." The wizard said dismissively.

Anna could not exactly explain what happened next, it was difficult to wrap her head around in that it occurred so very fast. A low growl was all she heard from her mother, followed by a chill crawling up her spine. From there a familiar sensation was felt in her lower back, like ice had touched her flesh. An undignified squeak of surprised escaped her lips and before she knew what had happened she found herself standing.

The sensation was rather like when Elaine had entered her body...

Oh petch. The wizard thought.

"I said get up." The voice was her own but the words were certainly not.

The wizard tried to move her body but an invisible force struck the impulse down easily, disorientating her mind for a moment. There was no doubt about it, her mother had possessed her body.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mother and Daughter

Postby Annalisa Marin on September 5th, 2013, 12:47 am

Rage flared in Anna's mind at her mother's audacity to dare and possess her, to take control of her body without permission. Words couldn't possibly put into context the amount of utter and pure anger this affront brought into her mind. There was also a bit of wounded pride, that she had allowed such a thing to occur so easily. The wizard tried to regain her defenses, to engage her mother in a battle of wills and push her out but the ghost crushed any hope of that easily.

"Stop resisting me, Anna." The woman said, once again moving speaking through her.

Release the hold you have over me, mother. Do it now! The wizard demanded angrily.

Liana clucked her tongue in displeasure, shaking her head slightly in exasperation.

"If your going to be like that then I'm going to keep your body until you calm down and stop acting like a child. I've got bells before I run out of soulmist, and an eternity to do this over and over again. You don't possess good odds here daughter." The ghost said simply, like a mother that had taken a child's toy from them because they were misbehaving.

Anna let out a mental roar of anger and attempted to resist and push her mother out once again. This time she managed to clash with her mother's will, immobilizing her body for a chime or two as the pair clashed for control. Considering that this was her mother Anna didn't realize how very outmatched she was in this foreign battle before it was too late.

Her mother assaulted her mind immediately with thoughts and memories, secrets hidden deep within her past that only a mother could know. She summoned her worst fears and greatest desires, crushing Anna's resistance a unskilled offensive easily. The wizard reeled back from the swift attack and was again pushed out of control, relegated to simply watching helplessly as her mother pulled the strings of her body like a puppet.

The wizard mentally sulked, quickly realizing how bad her current situation was. Her mother was clearly more skilled at possession than Elaine had been, she had control over her body and held her mind in check so this much was obvious.

Liana was quick to take stock of her new host body, getting the feel of flesh and blood once more no doubt. Anna watched the whole thing, still being able to watch through her eyes but not having any control over them or any part of her body. She was a passenger in her own flesh and it felt as wrong as wrong could possibly be.

"Gods above Anna, your body looks so weary. Is this blood on your hands? Those magic's of your are certainly costly." The woman commented to her daughter.

I was resting before you decided to take my body for a joyride, mother. Perhaps you could spend those few chimes doing that? The woman projected hopefully.

"I think not Anna. I'm going to clean up this mess and then we are going to have a nice and civil chat." The woman affirmed.

The wizard moaned and simply mentally sulked as her mother dutifully started wiping the blood off of her hands. Anna could still feel every sensation, and right now her body really wanted rest. The wizard got the feeling that her mother was not going to give it to her anytime in the near future.
Last edited by Annalisa Marin on October 3rd, 2013, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mother and Daughter

Postby Annalisa Marin on September 22nd, 2013, 9:48 pm

It wasn't the being stuck in her own body that was the kicker for Anna, the wrongness of her mother so easily manipulating her body like she would a puppet. No, rather it was being able to feel everything that happened and watch it occur. Perhaps if she were numb then everything would be much easier to accept, but as it was the facts only made the situation all the more worse. Still, it wasn't as if she could resist any more than she had already. It was best to just try and get through this as best she was able.

The weariness from her use of Voiding had yet to wear off, meaning that this felt tiring and wrong. It was quite the miserable combination, compounded by the fact that her mother was humming a bright little tune as she dutifully cleaned up her body. It was rather irritating to say the least.

Mother. Please, be reasonable here. I'm tired and this isn't going to help that weariness resolve itself. Just release your hold on me so I can go to sleep. She projected to her mother, hoping that switching to diplomacy might yield better results.

Her mother ignored her and just kept humming away, moving to wipe the blood from her nose. Anna sulked again, clearly Liana was ignoring her which only increased the wizards ire.

Damn it Mother! I'm trying to be reasonable here. Just let my body go and we'll talk, alright.

More humming was her response.

Mother... if you don't release me right petching now you will regret it, I promise you that. Anna threatened, beyond angered by the responses she was getting.

The humming stopped and her mother finished cleaning up the blood, perking her daughter's head up.

"I'm sorry, dear, what were you saying?" The woman asked through her.

The wizard let out a mental roar of rage and frustration, which quickly turned into quiet dark thoughts in the back of her mind. It was akin to mental grumbling and it was the most she could manage given the current situation. Her mother was just as stubborn as she was, though it was less violent and subversive than how her daughter was.

Her mother directed her body to the bed, which she laid upon carefully and with slow deliberate motions. Anna let out a mental sigh of relief as she felt her back hit the soft bed, this was certainly better than standing up. Her mother still had control of her body but at least she was willing to make this one concession to her.

"I'm sorry to make you uncomfortable Anna, but sometimes a mother needs to put her foot down. I trust this is better for you?" Liana asked, some small amount of worry lacing her tone.

Yes. Very much so. I'm... sorry for threatening you earlier. The wizard offered with some embarrassment.

It had been an empty threat, she simply wanted her mother to give her body back to her. Though, considering that she had laid it down things were a little more promising than they had been chimes ago. It afforded her some time to calm down and get her thoughts in order, possession had a way of scrambling one's thought processes.

"I should hope so. In any event, I want to talk to you about... about your faith in this Rhysol." Liana said with some hesitation.

Why? Its obvious you disapprove of my faith in him. You can't possibly understand, nor do you really want to. You want to push me away from that faith. Anna said, allowing bitterness to creep into her thoughts.

Her mother hesitated, obviously a little taken aback by the conviction and surety apparent in her daughter regarding her god.

"I-I must admit to having reservations towards your worship of him. At least, help me understand why. Please Anna, if you do I'll leave your body for you to rest." She responded.

This seemed a little odd to Anna, Liana possesses her body and professes the desire to talk but it is about her faith and not her magic. It always seemed like her mother was disapproving of her magic, that was always the spark for tense arguments. Rhysol was not a topic her mother approached often. Anna got the feeling that merely speaking of him was frightening to even her mother, it wouldn't have surprised her really. Still the promise of getting rest was very tempting, enough to warrant a response.

In my darkest moment, he helped me to realize a part of me that was my true nature suppressed. He helped me to realize the freedom that is apparent in his domain, the ability to move beyond the constraints of morality and view things in a light that appeals to my very core. Rhysol is the god I look to because when all others would have rejected me for my act, he accepted it and fostered the truth of the world within me. I follow him, because to do otherwise is to drift without purpose, purpose that his teachings provide me with. The wizard explained at length.

Her mother was silent for a long while, her body unmoving as the spirit was apparently in deep contemplation. Whether she accepted her faith or not was irrelevant, Anna knew the path she walked was dark but it was the only one she dared to.

"I can't say I agree with you my daughter. I fear that he is merely using you and that when you are no longer useful he will simply throw you aside. That he will betray your faith." The woman responded finally.

If so, then I will have to accept that. I'd already be broken without my faith in him, I owe him everything I am now and everything I could ever be. She affirmed resolutely.

Anna saw soulmist begin to leave her body and felt spasms of control return to her extremities as her mother slowly left her body. It was painful at first, but the pain was no where near as bad or lasting as when Elaine had held her body. The wizard panted and offered her ghostly mother a sideways glance. Her expression was sad and almost mournful.

"I see that I won't get anywhere with this subject today. Thank you for sharing, Anna. I'll let you rest." The spirit said, in a way that the wizard doubted she was just going to let this go.

Anna rolled over in her bed, groaning slightly. Now she was sore and tired, not exactly the best combination there was. Still, at least she had control of her body again, enough to where she could finally rest. Her mother would approach her about this again most likely, but such was the way of their relationship at the moment.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mother and Daughter

Postby Taylani on November 20th, 2013, 5:06 am

XP Award!

Annalise Marin:

XP Award:
  • +1 meditation
  • +2 voiding
  • +1 spiritualism
  • +3 Socialization
  • +2 rhetoric

Lore:
  • Djed: Unwise to rush into a discipline unknown
  • Consequences to Overgiving
  • Rhysol : Debt owed and accepted

Notes:.

Comments :
This was a neat and informative thread. A little bit of skill a little bit of lore. Please feel free to PM me any concerns with your grade, and don’t forget to delete/edit your post in the grade request.

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)