[Verified by Crosspatch] Etori Whitevine

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Etori Whitevine

Postby Etori Whitevine on September 25th, 2013, 3:25 am

Etori Whitevine

Appearance

Race: Human, Vantha
Birthday: 11, Winter, 495.
Birthplace: Avanthal

Appearance:
Etori stands at 5’6 and weighs in at 110lbs. Her body is lanky and lacks curves. Her skin tone is considered pale compared to most Vantha. Her hair is tied back in a long ponytail with longs bangs, it is jet black in colour with shimmers of vibrant green. Etori’s eyes are a bright green in their most placid state, changing to varied different vibrant colours according to her mood. She gives off a gloomy aura, and appears as if she is lost in her own thoughts and caught up in her own little world as she often is. She doesn’t appear to be the type of person who is easy to approach, until you know her. She bares a face that is neither ugly nor beautiful, it appears quiet common. Except her eyes are what stand out from her facial features, they are large and full of determination. People often judge her by her tough appearance and label her before they get to know whom she truly is. Etori clothes herself in tight fitting tank tops and pants along with large boots. She is always seen wearing a thin dark green cloak. The cold weather doesn’t seem to bother her, she has become accustom to it. Etori rarely smiles, she is always seen with a blank dreamy expression on her face. She carries herself as if she carries a burden, as if she is trying to hide from the eyes of others.

Eye Colours:
Bright Green - Placid
Aquatic Blue - Content
Violet - Sorrowful
Golden - Love
Vibrant Red - Anger
Orange - Frustration
Yellow – Nervous

Character Concept

Etori is a Medic in training who is eager to join The Icewatch in the memory of her deceased older brother. She wants nothing more than to protect and serve her people so she may never see someone she loves die again. Etori is anti-social and socially rejected by most people in Vanthal due to her past of disrespecting and disowning her original hold, not to mention her infamous attitude and strong refuse to marry. Etori is much a loner as she finds it hard to talk to people without giving them attitude or coming off as socially awkward. Most people generally annoy her. Despite this she has a caring and protective side to her. She loves to care for people and animals alike, treating wounds and nursing them till they are well, it gives her purpose in life. But her social skills are still terrible. She has a reputation for ignoring rules and the words of respected elders which gets her into trouble at times. Since Etori betrayed and disowned her Hold she has not received any proposals from suitors looking to marry.

Rumours have spread in Avanthal that Etori is cursed, that bad things happen to anyone who becomes close to her. She couldn’t care less about love and marriage; it isn’t something she wants for herself as she has never experienced any form of romantic interest. Etori’s biggest fear is being alone, which she most often is. She tends to put herself in awkward situations with other people just to avoid loneliness, though people annoy her rather quickly. Etori sometimes wonders about the world outside of Avanthal. She is curious at times to see what is beyond her home town but at the same time she is determined to protect it.

Character History

Etori Whitevine was originally born into the Snowsong Hold with the name Avori Snowsong in the year 495. Etori showed great interest in medicine and helping the sick and injured even since she was a young child. This interest in medicine and healing sparked in her when she heard tales of the healers from the Whitevine Hold meeting the goddess of healing and receiving their Gnosis mark in a time of need. It sounded so magical and heroic to her. She wanted to be like them. She wanted to obtain her own Gnosis mark from the beautiful goddess. Etori wasn’t talented in music in the slightest nor did she hold any interest in carving. She received low scores in both subjects at school. She saw all the musicians and carvers in the Snowsong Hold as boring and dull people who didn’t contribute much to Avanthal. Her parents work bored her, her father was a great carver and her mother was an admired singer and harp player in her Hold whom walked out on her family shortly after Etori was born. From a young age Etori rebelled against her Hold and the elders within it, showing disrespect to their work and calling them freeloaders. She would leave the Hold and skip her musical classes to go visit the Whitevine Hold and gather as much knowledge about healing and medicine as she could from the age of ten. Etori never had many people she could call a friend, even in the Whitevine Hold people saw her as nothing but a nuisance.

Her older brother Saon Snowsong was her best friend and showed very much the same views as Etori, he also found music to be a career for slackers. Yet he was very talented in music, he played music for the memory of his mother, but did not enjoy it. The two siblings shared an interest in swordsmanship and often practise wielding a sword together behind their fathers back, Saon taught Etori everything she knows about wielding a short sword. Etori’s brother was the person who gave her the name Etori, he called her this saying she was a different person to Avori whom everyone else thought she was. Etori has called herself by the pet name ever since.

Etori was determined to leave the Snowsong Hold and to join the Whitevine Hold at any cost, except for marriage. Etori refused to marry anyone, she hardly got suitors due to her anti-social and rebellious attitude and would always turn the occasional one down no matter how much her father pressured her into it. Etori looked up to her older brother Saon, she wanted to be just like him. She had envied everything he was and had often found herself wishing she was him instead of herself. Later Saon decided he wanted to do something more meaningful with his life, at the age of eighteen he joined The Icewatch and died soon after in a terrible attack.

Etori didn’t take his sudden death very well; she was sixteen at the time. After the loss Etori became depressed to the point where she locked herself in her room for days and just laid in bed. She felt without her brother in the world there was nothing for her to look forward to; there was no point in living. After about two weeks Etori came to the conclusion that this isn’t what her brother wanted. Her brother had wanted to do something meaningful for his people. She wanted to grant him that wish. In that moment Etori decided she was going to train herself so that she may join The Icewatch like her brother had. She didn’t want his death to have been for nothing. The next day Etori packed a few belongs and left Avanthal to go live in the wilderness, she wanted to isolate herself; she didn’t care if she was eaten alive. She felt she deserved it, It should have been her who died. Not her brother. Etori lived in the wilderness studying medicine and writing in her journal almost everyday. She would practise wielding her short sword heavily each day, it helped to keep her calm as it reminded her of the lessons her brother taught her. Etori planned to train herself up for when she would be able to face everyone in Avanthal again. She felt like a social outcast. A freak. She didn’t belong anywhere. Her brother was the only person who made her feel welcome.

After a year and half Etori returned to Avanthal and was accepted into the Whitevine Hold as an apprentice Medic after showing her medical ability’s. Renaming herself as Etori Whitevine. Etori learned upon her return that her father had died from a heart attack. The blow from the loss didn’t hit her quite as hard as the loss of her brother. But still she missed her father very much. She found herself acknowledging that she was now utterly alone in the world. Since returning, Etori has dedicated her time to training her medical skills and practising her survival and combat techniques in hope of joining the Icewatch to honour the death of her brother.

Language

Fluent Language: Vani
Basic Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Medicine #15 SP #15 Novice
Wilderness Survival #15 SP # 15 Novice
Weapon: Short Sword #15 SP #15 Novice
Hunting #5 SP #5 Novice
Storytelling # 10 RB # 10 Novice

Lores

Lore of Religion: Morwen
Lore of History: Icewatch

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-White Tank Top
-Long Black Pants
-Black Undergarments
- Dark Green Cloak
-Large Brown Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: (Deceased) Older Brother's Short Sword.

Housing

House: 1 basic 20x20 single room (400 sq feet) within the Whitevine Hold, with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Grey Puppy - 7GM 93GM
Bed, Poor -1GM 92Gm
Wash Basin, Average -2GM 90GM
Bookcase, Poor (10 Books) -1GM 89GM
Small Chest -1GM 88GM
Tent, Four-Person -10GM 79GM
Fall living expenses, 513AV - 135G - 56G

Thread List

Fall 513
12th of Fall, 513 A Snowsong Falls (Solo, Complete)
55th of Fall, 513 Don't Play With Fire. (Elva) (Abandoned)
60th of Fall, 513 [The Menagerie] Puppies! Puppies for sale! (Buying Thread)
60th of Fall, 513 Heal (Solo, Complete)
61st of Fall, 513 A day at the Windward Boardwalk (Etori) (Abandoned)
71st of Fall, 513 Friends in Snowy Places. (Zisien) (Abandoned)

Winter 513
17th, Winter, 513A [Stories In The Snow] Whatcha Doing? (Etori) (Completed)
Last edited by Etori Whitevine on January 20th, 2014, 5:33 am, edited 10 times in total.

Vani | Common
Etori Whitevine
All I Want; Is to Belong.

Words: 52705
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2013, 3:56 pm
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Etori Whitevine

Postby Etori Whitevine on September 27th, 2013, 1:30 am

About Me

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
A1. My name is; Etori Whitevine. Though I was born with the name; Avori Snowsong.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
A2. Technically, Etori is the pet name my older brother gave me. I'd prefer it if people were to stick to calling me by that name. I can't imagine anyone becoming "close" enough to me to give me a nickname...

3. How old are you?
A3. I am currently 18 years of age and counting.

4. What is your height?
A4. 5'6

5. What is your weight?
A5. 110lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
A1. Wow...what a question. How does one describe one’s self? To be honest, I would describe myself as weak and ignorant. Yet I strive to be strong so I may care for and protect the ones who are weaker than I. I wish to put others wellbeing and happiness before my own, but my ignorance usually gets in the way and I only see myself at times. I push others away because I am afraid that they will see the real me; a pathetic selfish weakling.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
A2. Heh, how would I know? But judging by the way people treat me I can easily say they think pretty low of me. I don't blame them. Most people treat me as if I am nothing but a nuisance to them. I tend to retaliate with attitude to hide my loneliness which can sometimes worse people’s opinions of me. I couldn't care less. But sometime, I wish I just had someone who is accepting of me.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
A3. ...I-I don't have one...and I really couldn't careless.

4. How physically fit are you?
A4. Pretty fit, I guess...

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
A5. I like to wear tight fitting tank tops and pants. Large boots are my favourites for footwear and I tend to always have a dark cloak hanging from my shoulders. I'm not all that into fashion and I guess you could say I don't dress very lady like either... I just wear what makes me feel comfortable in my own skin.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
A1. My father was Oress Snowsong and my mother is Arine Snowsong. I never really knew my mother Arine as she walked out on me and my family shortly after my birth. My father said she was a talented singer and song writer within the Snowsong Hold, she left Avanthal in order to pursue her musical career. My father Oress was always a happy-go-lucky type of man with a big heart. He was the type of person who would let people step all over him and still be able to smile at the end of the day. He was a great carver, a lot of people admired the musical instruments and decorative carvings he would make. He loved his family dearly, including my mother. I don't know what he was like before she left, but my brother told me he was never the same.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
A2. Yes, I had an older brother. His name was Saon Snowsong. The two of us as siblings were very close. We both shared the same hate for musical talents and the same love for swordsmanship. Saon was very talented as a musician , though he didn't enjoy it. He played for our father and for the memory of our mother. Later in his life he had taken the responsibility upon himself to do something meaningful with his life and for his people. He joined The Icwatch at the age of 17. I couldn't have been more proud to call him my brother. To me he was like a hero. I found him so inspiring. He was a guard in The Icewatch and was protecting Avantha under the goddess Morwen's orders when he was killed at the young age of 18 in a terrible attack. In other words he gave his life away trying to protect what he loved most. Saon was everything I wish I could be. Still to this day I try to be like him. He wasn't just my brother. He was my best friend. My role model. My mentor. Even my mother in some aspects. He supported me in everything I did while everyone else looked down upon me with repulse. I never got to tell him thank you, for all he did for me. I wouldn't be the person I am now if not for him. I will join The Icewatch in his memory, I will make him proud to call me his sister.

3. What is your extended family like?
A3. My extended family? Where do I start...my father had been involved in some long argument with his parents and his siblings...something along the lines of marrying my mother, if I am correct? I don't know all the details but they haven't spoken since. I haven't exactly met my extended family members from either side. To put it bluntly, neither of them want anything to do with me. Simply because I am my mother’s daughter, as far as I am concerned. My father’s family is spread out into different Holds in Avanthal. While my mother’s family, seem to have been the adventurous type, only a few reside in Avanthal, while the rest adventured off into the world to make something of themselves.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
A4. I have never really had any close friends besides my brother Saon. Whom has been deceased for some time. I think, if I were to come across someone who considered me their "close" friend. They would become my family.

5. Do you treat animals like family?
A5. Animals deserve to be treated with the same kindness and respect as people. I would treat animals like family.

A1. I was born in Avanthal.

2. Where do you live now?
A2. I currently live in Avanthal. I am quite loyal to my hometown despite being socially rejected by my people.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
A3. One day I would love to live in Lahvit. I have heard stories of the beautiful city and would like to one day experience the atmosphere for myself.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
A4. Vacation? Leisure time? I have never traveled too far from Avanthal. There is a forest not too far from my hometown that was once my home and sanctuary for over a year. I still go there sometimes when I feel the need to escape from my lonely life. Oddly enough the isolation soothes me.

5. Where do you fear to be?
A5. .

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
A1.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
A2. Right handed.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
A3. I speak Vani fluently and know a basic Common. I'm not quiet sure how my voice sounds or if I have an accent. Since my voice sounds fairly ordinary to me.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
A4. I tend to open my mouth and speak without really thinking about what I am saying or the consequences of my words. I also act on impulse...these are both annoying habits for me as they get me into awkward situations.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
A5. One day, if I can master up the courage, I would like to get a tattoo in the memory of my brother. I'm not sure what it would be just yet.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
A1. I think if any bond is worth forming, I would like it to be a close bond. For me, bonds are worth creating with the right people. Because then, you'd have someone who will always have your back and you'd have theirs in return. At least, that is what my relationship with my brother taught me.
I would like to have close bonds with people. I just haven't found those people yet. It isn't like I want to be alone. I wish more than anything that I had someone who is there for me...

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
A2. No, I don't trust people easily. Because so many people are in this world for themselves. They take and take and they don't care who they take it from. It isn't wise to trust easily. Trust is something that needs to be earned.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
A3. ...I...I'm not sure myself to be honest. I've never been in love. Love isn't really in my interest, though if it comes along I am willing to take it aboard.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
A4. No, I haven't been kissed.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
A5. No, I have not.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
A1. I have never been drunk. I have never thought of giving myself that pleasure.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
A2. No, I don't drink.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
A3. None. I have never had an Alcoholic drink before. I would like to experience it at some point. But at the moment I am focused on my goals.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
A4. No.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
A5. I think they are recreational activities that poison the mind. I would never take drugs. Though as stated earlier I would like to experience Alcohol at the appropriate time.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
A1.
2. Do you like to read?
A2. Reading is an activity I can enjoy if I am in the right mood.

3. What annoys you more than anything else?
A3. People who find themselves to be superior to everyone else. I can't stand people like that.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
A4. It might sound strange. I find tending to peoples wounds and caring for them in their sickness and time of need to be relaxing. It makes me feel wanted and needed, which is the only time I am truly either of these things.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
A5. Nudity, I become pretty flustered when seeing anyone in the nude. It is just embarrassing... Also, I find talk of sex embarrassing. Since that topic is so foreign to me.. I can also become embarrassed when I see couples kissing or doing coupley things in public. I hate people going through my personal belongings, that is also embarrassing to me. I have no idea why. It all sounds so stupid..

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
A1. I love dark earthy colours. Like greens and browns. Black is also a dear colour to me.

2. What is your favorite time of day?
A2. I enjoy the time of night. The time when everything calms down and people just want to go to sleep. I like the quiet and the sound of the animals and insects at night. It is quite relaxing. I feel like being alone in my room at night when everyone has fallen asleep, is the only time I can let go and be myself.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Last edited by Etori Whitevine on September 30th, 2013, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vani | Common
Etori Whitevine
All I Want; Is to Belong.

Words: 52705
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2013, 3:56 pm
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes