[The Menagerie] Puppies! Puppies for sale!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on September 17th, 2013, 11:43 am

IMPORTANT INFO :
Ok. If you are planning on joining this thread, it is with the intention of buying one of Spirit's puppies. They are a Kalean Spicecoat-Luvanor Grassland Hunter mix, and there's 8... each sold for 7gm (negotiation possible). Please, just post, ask for a puppy, when you get it, leave, so the thread doesn't get clogged up or inactive. If need be, I WILL skip your post. After every post, I'll do a puppy count/list. This thread will be over the course of 2 days- four puppies the first day, four the next.

Spirit will have spread that the puppies are available by word of mouth... so most, if not all Frostfawns will know, and probably the other holds as well... Vanthas like their stories!

-- Fall 60th, 513 AV --

Spirit had walked Silver to the menagerie, the horse calm despite her load. In the saddle packs sat four puppies, their heads poking out from each side. Miraculously, they weren't complaining, or running around, or doing generally crazy puppy things. In fact, they were quite calm and serene. It slightly put the Frostfawn off, actually. It was almost as if they were... plotting something. Well, they should at least try to be cute and playful for any potential owners... right? She found a bench and sat on it, her mare beginning to snuffle through the snow. She glanced up at the puppies, and gently extracted one from a pouch. It was female, and that odd grey-red mix that she only had two of. She was keeping the other- a female, and this was male.

Ready for any potential customers, she scanned the area around, slightly nervous about the whole 'negotiating prices' thing her Uncle had explained, but also with just... taking the initiative to sell them to people. It was something she'd never done before, and was an interesting new experience. All these puppies were new experiences cluttered into a season, really. And she was planning on trying to train the two she had left for hunting... however that would work.

Puppy Count :
Day 1:
- 1 red, female - Available
- 1 mix, male - Available
- 1 grey, male - Available
- 1 grey, female - Available

Day 2: (not yet started)
- 1 red, male
- 1 red, male
- 1 grey, female
- 1 grey, female

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sophia Snowsong on September 17th, 2013, 12:55 pm

Sophia came at the menagerie, hoping to find the puppies she was told about. She just ditched her flute practice, eager to buy one. "At least there is going to be something I can tune into, aside from those rehearsals." She reasoned out. She looked at the animals being sold as she passed through, searching for a particular bunch of puppies on sale...

"Puppy!!!" After a dozen chimes, she finally found a puppy being held by a teenage girl. Being in a hasty mood, Sophia walked near the Vantha, she noticed a moving pouch-- "Hmm... Those must be the puppies. Glad I found them." A gleeful expression depicted on her face as she gladly approached the seated girl. "Uhm... Excuse me, do you happen to sell these puppies?" She asked, pointing at the pouch.

Without waiting for a reply, Sophia carefully picked one-- a male pup, adored by its furry grey fur.. "How much would this one be??" She instantly inquired while petting the young dog.
"Don't even try to eat me. I'm Full of sugar."
Vani|Common|Monologue|Others
Sophia Snowsong
Vantha Flutist

Words: 15078
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2013, 3:17 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on September 17th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Spirit grinned widely as another Vantha approached, obviously there for the puppies, from her expression and exclamation. She quickly found their hiding place, removing a grey, though she wasn't sure if it was male or female. It was hard to tell the difference without turning them upside down. "Hello!" she greeted the woman, watching happily. When questions started being asked, she nodded a few times, before gently lifting the chosen dog out of her customer's arms.

"Yup, the puppies are for sale" she stated in answer to the first question, and in response for the second, she added, after a quick check between the legs, "And he's seven gold mizas... how does that sound? Though you will have to care for him yourself!" She'd hoped no bad puppy-owners came to her, but she couldn't tell either way. Still, if anyone had a puppy they couldn't care for, they could always take them to the Frostfawns. Her hold was pretty good that way. "Uh... what's your name?" the girl asked, all politeness, but wanting to know the grey's potential owner's name. "I'm Spirit Frostfawn" she added, shrugging once, before handing the creature back to the Vantha.

Puppy Count :
Day 1:
- 1 red, female - Available
- 1 grey, male - Pending

- 1 red, male
- 1 red, male
- 1 grey, female
- 1 grey, female

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zisien on September 17th, 2013, 9:55 pm

xx
60th of Autumn, 513AV, 15th bell

Zisien rushed off to the Menagerie, hoping she wasn't too late. Word had spread quickly that a Frostfawn was selling a new hybrid of puppies and they were of age to be away from their mother; off to their forever homes.

The polar bear kelvic was at the Luminary Commons, when she overheard two Iceglaze talking about puppies. Being extremely curious she couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation to hear more. Zisien had been thinking of finding a companion for awhile now just was unsure of what animal. Something deep inside of her told her she just had to have one of these puppies.

Finally reaching the Menagerie, she looked around the various stalls. The loud noises of different animals and people competing to be heard over them. Finally she came to an area where she saw a Vantha and her mare watching over cute pudgey fuzzy things. This must be it. Zisien all but squealed at herself.

The silver haired kelvic rushed over and squatted before the messy pile that was the puppies. Zisien quickly scanned the puppies and picked up a little spice coat. She lifted it up high enough to check if it was a boy or a girl before cuddling the sweet girl.

"I will take her please!"Zisien beamed at the Frostfawn handing over 7 mizas.

Zisien used the puppy's paw to wave good bye and turned back around and headed to the marketplace. There was some puppy supplies to pick up.

x

OOC :
Hope you dont mind me coming in and leaving as such
Vani | Common | Bear
Zisien
Apprentice Icewatch Guard

Words: 38523
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2013, 5:52 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sophia Snowsong on September 18th, 2013, 3:32 am

“So it’s a he.” Sophia looked at the puppy once again. She just barged in the menagerie the moment she heard the sale. It’s been a while since she got real company, and now that she’s longing for one, maybe this will be the answer to her searching-- This grey-furred little canine.
“It seems like it’s harmless.” She thought. “And the price of 7 gold mizas is really low.... Though I might have to think about what it eats.” She barely knew a thing about taking care of dogs, but she believed that everything can be learned. All she just knew was that she got enough salary to constantly keep both of them alive. “Even if this creature might empty my wallet, I’m still buying it!” Sophia concluded, in high hopes that the grey puppy is the companion she is wishing for.
After a few moments, Sophia came back to her senses. She realised that the girl was looking at her, patiently waiting for a reply. “Oh, my name, I am Sophia Snowsong.” She gladly answered in reply. “I would like to buy this grey puppy.” quickly holding out her coin sack.
"Don't even try to eat me. I'm Full of sugar."
Vani|Common|Monologue|Others
Sophia Snowsong
Vantha Flutist

Words: 15078
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2013, 3:17 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on September 18th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Spirit smiled at the Snowsong, and took the money from her palm, sliding the coins into her own pocket. "Well... I might as well give you some caring instructions. Hold him a lot, so he's used to you, and play with him a lot. Don't let him eat anything... odd. Also, food wise, you want to feet him some soft meat twice a day, though not too much... Brush his fur if it looks like it's getting knotted. Oh, and don't leave him in your Arvinta all day! They need exercise... they are bred for hunting after all!" Her speech done, she patted the puppy on the head and sent the woman on her way, certain she'd found the dog a good friend.

-----------

Spirit blinked at the next customer's rush, not really expecting the speed. "He's 7 gold" she'd added at the start, just in case the woman didn't know what the price was. Before the Kelvic ran off to leave, however, she grabbed the woman's arm to stop her. "Feed her twice a day, soft meat. Brush her regularily, and let her have exercise! If she looks unhappy or sick, bring her to the closest Vet you know!" It was much shorter than her one with Sophia, but it still covered all the same topics. She let go of the woman and backed up to Silver, slight worry on her face. This owner... she wasn't as sure on, but at least she seemed into the puppy. If she loved the creature as much as it looked like... things would turn out eventually.

Puppy Count :
Day 1:
- 1 red, female - Sold
- 1 grey, male - Sold

- 1 red, male
- 1 red, male
- 1 grey, female
- 1 grey, female

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Etori Whitevine on September 28th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Etori couldn't quite recall what had possessed her to come to The Menagerie. Moments ago she was laying a top of her bed wondering what it would be like to have some sort of companion. Company was something that Etori was definitely lacking. Maybe that train of thought is what lead her here. Etori had considered buying a animal friend in the past but never really felt like she could connect with animals. She felt as though animals just plain didn't like her, this view comes from bad experiences. The rumors may be true. She may be cursed...

Etori strolled along the markets. None of the animals or stalls caught her eye. She began to think it was a waste of time coming here when she spotted a teenage Vantha and her mare sitting on a bench near by. The pair looked interesting so she made her way over to them. Upon approaching the pair Etori noticed something moving in the saddle packs on the mare's back, leaning in for a closer look she saw two puppies one a mixture of grey and red, the other was a striking grey. Etori's eye colour changed to a gold as she admired the little creatures. Gently she stroked the fur of the grey pup before picking it up. The puppy yelped happily in her arms and she couldn't help but smile at it. There was something about the animal that made her feel...needed. A little blush crept across Etori's face as she turned to the Frostfawn girl. "May I take her home with me? How much?" She asked a little too eager.

Vani | Common
Etori Whitevine
All I Want; Is to Belong.

Words: 52705
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2013, 3:56 pm
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on September 28th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Spirit smiled and waved at the approaching Vantha, watching her critically as she picked up and played with one of the two remaining puppies. She laughed at the woman's eager demeanor, before answering the questions posed "She's just seven gold mizas... just take good care of her, okay? Brush her regularly, feed her twice a day... soft meat, mind you, and make sure she doesn't get sick or hurt. Other than that... she's yours! Any questions?"

She rubbed the top of the canine's head affectionately, glad another person looked interested in her puppies. This one seemed enthusiastic in the least... that was always good. Happy people meant happy puppies. "What's your name by the way? I'm Spirit Frostfawn."

--Fall 61st 513 AV--

Spirit had once again returned to the Menagerie, the last four puppies in tow. She was considering keeping a third, if she didn't manage to sell it, just for good measure... so she could get more experience training and the like. Still... who knew what would happen today! She'd mostly liked the owners of the last four puppies, and hoped that trend would continue on for today as well.

The Frostfawn found her usual bench and settled on it, Silver by her side. She removed one of the puppies from the saddle packs, a red male by the look. She only had two of each color left... both reds were male, and both greys were female. Sort of funny, really. Comfortable in her position, the girl settled down to watch and wait for any potential customers.

Puppy Count :
Day 1:
- 1 red, female - Sold
- 1 grey, male - Sold
- 1 grey, female - Pending

Day 2:
- 1 red, male - Available
- 1 red, male - Available

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Etori Whitevine on September 29th, 2013, 5:09 am

Etori listened carefully to the Frostfawns instructions. They were the most knowledgeable when it came to animals after all and let's face it, Etori was clueless. She began to think that taking care of the pup might be too big of a responsibility. She was so used to just caring for herself. A puppy on top of that and her medical responsibility may be too much for her to handle. But Etori really liked the thought of having her own little animal friend to care for. After all she lived to care for people and creatures a like. It was her purpose in the world. It made her feel needed.
"Of course. I...I promise to take good care of her." said Etori reassuring herself with a sheepish smile.

Etori took seven gold mizas from her pocket and handed them to the girl who had just introduced herself as Spirit Frostfawn. Realizing that Spirit had asked for her name Etori suddenly became self-conscious and rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. "My name...is Etori Whitevine...Glad to meet you. Especially this little one." She said with a mumble as she gently pet the puppy she held in her left arm. She was very grateful to have stumbled upon Spirit and her puppies.
Last edited by Etori Whitevine on September 30th, 2013, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vani | Common
Etori Whitevine
All I Want; Is to Belong.

Words: 52705
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2013, 3:56 pm
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaden Swift on September 30th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Kaden was up and exploring, the day was a kind one and despite wearing no coat he seemed fine in chilling weather. In fact if one were to take a glance at his feet they would see a lack of boots. He had both of course, but the boot made him feel like a clumsy giant and the coat made to much noise. In any case he was not cold, not while Morwen’s touch lay across his shoulder; warm and always drawing his attention to it as if someone had lovingly brushed his shoulder.

It had been a few days since he had come to Avanthal but he had made no move to speak to anyone aside from a mumbled greeting here or there. So as he came to a sight of a woman and a few dogs, Kaden was surprised at himself for stopping. He did know what dogs were. At first the sight of them was a surprise, and he had thought they were Kelvic. Talking to one and asking about a good place for a job he realized they were no Kelvic but very smart animals.

Despite his mistake, Kaden was impressed by the animals that were scattered about and was equally curious as to what their purpose was. They seemed to do nearly everything. Kaden had seen one large creature watching over a child, another was loping after a man who was set on hunting while another just lay and roll in the snow with no attention to any of the humans around it. The tiger Kelvic hesitated a second longer to gaze at the group; watching as another woman came and took up one of the smaller dogs.

There was a large silver one and from the smell a female, so the small ones had to be babies. Watching them he finally understood that the babies were being sold. Not knowing how he felt about this Kaden approached them cautiously. His eyes were drawn to a red one, the color after his own heart if there were every such a thing. Now at the woman and her dogs Kaden hesitated. “Hello,” he would have scuffed at himself. ‘Yes, hello you come up to a strange and just stand there and say hello.’

Clearing his throat Kaden’s amber eyes went to the red male the woman held, for it was male. “You are selling them, could I buy one?” Of course he hadn’t a home yet but noticing the puppy’s mother he doubted some cold would harm it; not when a tiger would curl around it. He planned on getting a home, but he had heard of the holds and he had nothing to show his worth to any hold yet. “I know of animals, I could take care of one. A little red male.” He had noticed both were males. All the while Kaden spoke his voice didn’t raise to that of just above a whisper, but it was low and warm without a quiver.

Kaden Swift
What the night dragged in

Words: 122423
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2013, 12:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next