Familarity and Animation: Seeking your own kind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Rojeck Harl on July 1st, 2010, 3:36 am

Rojeck was sure this was a Familiary lesson but what he was unsure of was what this Guvronsek was supposed to be teaching him. He knew that if he left Senesus to his own he would attack the decaying Nuit and probably draw the attention of any attack golems hidden in the room or worse draw other Masters here to turn them into the gods only knew what. He tried to impart this to Senesus knowing that the frightened and angry Sarawanki would not understand.

Its not this Guvronsek I'm worried about. It's the fact that if we harm or kill him we will be attacked by those more powerful than we are. We must survive, that is first and foremost. I know you would agree, sometimes you must avoid a fight to live.I'll try an get him to tell us what he wants. If not I will have to release you and let you do what comes naturally. I wont let you die...not without a fight.

He had noted the feeling of his Familiar going down his throat and settling where his heart used to be. He was also aware that it had become full size and he was a tiny bit uncomfortable with that. He was also aware that the Sarawanki was scared as well as angry, he wished he could express his regret that his Familiar was in this situation. He tried to talk to Guvronsek

Guvronsek, don't do this. I know you have a Sarawanki too. The silver globe in the things eye socket had not gone unnoticed. I'm trying to teach Senesus not to attack every time, especially when we might be outnumbered or out-powered. If you continue to attack him I will allow him to attack back. I will not allow him or myself to be killed without a fight.

He also was thinking internally to SenesusThis is a test of some kind Senesus a lesson for us in being together as wizard and familiar. If he does not cease his attack I WILL allow you to attack back even if it kills us.

He looked at the decaying Nuit and saidWhat are you teaching me Guvronsek? What is it I'm to learn? Is it that sometimes you have to attack even if the odds are against you? Am I to teach Senesus how NOT to attack? I cant if the attacks do not cease at some point. He trusts me and I will not betray that trust if he did not trust me he would have attacked you instead of obeying me.

He again thought to SenesusI don't think your cousin or his Master deliberately betrayed us. They promised a lesson, I believe this is the lesson and I think it has to do with your hostility. I wish the petching thing would talk more than one syllable words though.

he continued his speechresponding to a *perceived * attack is different than a real one. Why do you treat my Sarawanki with such hate when you have one yourself? I will let him out now and you will stop the attacks on him and on me or i will have no choice but to allow him to defend me and himself.

He opened his mouth again and said Come out Senesus but obey my voice and my thoughts, do not attack until I tell you to. I will keep my promise to you. We will not die cowards, if we are to die today.

He knew Senseus would come out ready to attack and hoped the big Sarawanki would follow his commands. He was serious when he told Guvronsek he would allow Senesus to defend himself if the attacks did not cease immediately. He only hoped he was not failing his lesson.
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rojeck Harl on July 1st, 2010, 3:59 am

Rojeck was sure this was a Familiary lesson but what he was unsure of was what this Guvronsek was supposed to be teaching him. He knew that if he left Senesus to his own he would attack the decaying Nuit and probably draw the attention of any attack golems hidden in the room or worse draw other Masters here to turn them into the gods only knew what. He tried to impart this to Senesus knowing that the frightened and angry Sarawanki would not understand.

Its not this Guvronsek I'm worried about. It's the fact that if we harm or kill him we will be attacked by those more powerful than we are. We must survive, that is first and foremost. I know you would agree, sometimes you must avoid a fight to live.I'll try an get him to tell us what he wants. If not I will have to release you and let you do what comes naturally. I wont let you die...not without a fight.

He had noted the feeling of his Familiar going down his throat and settling where his heart used to be. He was also aware that it had become full size and he was a tiny bit uncomfortable with that. He was also aware that the Sarawanki was scared as well as angry, he wished he could express his regret that his Familiar was in this situation. He tried to talk to Guvronsek

Guvronsek, don't do this. I know you have a Sarawanki too. The silver globe in the things eye socket had not gone unnoticed. I'm trying to teach Senesus not to attack every time, especially when we might be outnumbered or out-powered. If you continue to attack him I will allow him to attack back. I will not allow him or myself to be killed without a fight.

He also was thinking internally to SenesusThis is a test of some kind Senesus a lesson for us in being together as wizard and familiar.I believe it has to do with your temper, teaching us to control it because sometimes you are out powered even if it does not look it.

He looked at the decaying Nuit and saidWhat are you teaching me Guvronsek? What is it I'm to learn? Is it that sometimes you have to attack even if the odds are against you? Am I to teach Senesus how NOT to attack? That's it isn't it? he must control his temper and obey me no matter what.

He again thought to SenesusI don't think your cousin or his Master deliberately betrayed us. They promised a lesson, I believe this is the lesson. I do wish the petching thing would talk more than one syllable words though.

he continued his speech I see now what this is all about, will I protect him? Yes I will, but the only thing I have is my unlife to give. I have no attack skill to stop you. My body is the only sacrifice I have. I am willing to negotiate to talk with you rather than attack. I cannot let him out, I cannot allow him to be beaten and attacked like that. I am his parent, his wizard, it is my job to protect him

He thought to SenesusCalm down, get your temper under control Senesus. This wont stop until you do. I do not believe that Roghon will allow him to kill us or do too much harm. You must calm down and trust me, I know you are frightened, I would be too. But we must not return hostility for hostility every time. it is a rule here in Mizahar a different one that you had back on Fyrden.

He looked at Guvronsek and said,I cannot let him out. I'm not afraid he will attack you, I believe he will not until i order him to. I will not allow him to undergo any more pain this day. If you must attack me then do so. If I die than I have failed Familiary and do not deserve a Familiar
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on July 1st, 2010, 4:36 am

Guvronsek wheezed a laugh. "Wasn't that a hearty dramatic dialogue? I could give you an award right now for theatre. Hack hack hack." It could talk! But rather slurred, its jaws were no longer in a condition to allow clear speech. "Could have done without the unnecessary life sacrifice, I'm training you, not killing you. The latter is nothing but a flick of my staff, the former might wear out a few staves to make carry out."

It wheezed again, a sound so similar to what dying people make. "You seem to have gotten my point, confused or not. The first lesson is to learn to control your familiar. Ordering it about is one thing, making it obey is another. You seem to have a good bond going between the two of you. Let's put that to the test." The nuit cocked its head to the right. It looked broken. "Forgive my manner of teaching. I have a more... hands-on approach. Now, if you will keep your command over Senesus, I'd like you to practice guiding him through the bond. You should know by now how to use the bond, yes? It's probably fogged right now, but I think you can manage."

"Next lesson."

The whole place dimmed, each light turning off one by one.

"Goddamit. That petching whacko is trying to kill me, isn't it?" Senesus boiled in terror.

"Begin."

This free lesson was becoming a nasty experience, but Rojeck understood that in order to properly train Senesus, he must learn to control Senesus in the most uncomfortable conditions... such as this blinding darkness.

Guvronsek's voice echoed around him. "Use the bond to talk to your familiar, kiddo. Don't just coax him to calm down. I told you to get it out of your body, you wouldn't. Let's see you get trashed up inside," the nuit laughed.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on July 2nd, 2010, 4:20 am

Rojeck would have raised an eyebrow if he had the ability to do so when Guvronsek spoke as articulately as one with his level of decay could. He had suspected the old nuit capable of speech but it was nice to have that confirmed. He chuckled I would never ask you to wear out a few staves on my undead ass. Glad its training and not life or death. I'm not yet ready to meet Dira.

He listened as Guvronsek confirmed that he had figured out the lesson although a bit confused, he had to control Senesus first learn how to control their bond not just order him about, at least the big Sarawanki was obeying at this point. he felt the big blob of liquid through his bond he could hear his thoughts and vaguely sense his emotions. He knew how scared he was and he had to convince him that he was safe no matter what Guvronsek did or said.

The he heard Guvronsek say something about guiding Senesus through the bond. He was unsure exactly how to do that as he was just now aware of some of its extents. He knew he could transmit his thoughts to Senesus and hear his through it he also was aware of the ability to transmit Djed through it as Sensus had drawn from him in order to leap away from "Guvvie". It was foggy but he thought he could handle it.

The the next lesson began, Guvvie began extinguishing the lights and he knew what Senseus would do..he would panic as it got darker,Sarawanki were afraid of the dark Lyderia freaked when she got in it. He could already hear Sensus cursing and getting agitated through the bond.This time he knew he had to do something.
I promised you light I will give you light. But I cannot generate it in the way you are accustomed to. He began to send images of bright light to the scared Sarawanki and prepared for the thrashing "Guvvie" spoke of He also sent Djed to him in the form of light. he is not trying to kill you or me Senesus. he is teaching us to bond. Let the images become your reality. See the light of my djed as your light He concentrated on providing the big guy with the needed light.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on July 9th, 2010, 4:02 am

Rojeck could feel a certain warmth swelling in his chest, Senesus was mixing its anger and fear. It listened to its master and tried to see visions of light, tried to recollect its memories of Fyrden, but visual images were not enough to quell the rising frustration. It bubbled up to Rojeck's throat and started bashing around, gagging Rojeck. "Stop your nonsense yabbering you scumbag." Senesus knew that Rojeck was sending messages through the bond, but thinking of light and not seeing any was just as worse as being left in the dark.

"I willl k-k-k... I w-will.."

A light flickered open, with Guvronsek standing close to it. Its own Sarawanki was on its shoulder, silently perched.

"Stupid corpse." Guvvie struck the floor with his staff and the lights went back again. "Rojeck, was it? Rojeck, if there is no light, you cannot pretend that there is. Senesus is far too young a Mizaharian to be taught that." Guvvie, by experience, have learned the myriad of ways that amateur Sarawanki masters have tried to coax their pets to not be scared of the dark.

"Be lucky I lit the lights, I could swear your little pet would have killed you in an instant..." It gazed at Senesus, who was somewhat mad at the moment, "killing itself in the process." The Sarawanki jumped at this, for there was nothing as scary as the dark than death. "If there is no light, make one. If you cannot, find one. Imagination can only take you so far, nuit. Most of the time not very far."

Guvronsek took his time to walk closer to Rojeck, his staff tapping the floor rhythmically once again. He held out his hand, as if he had something to give to Rojeck. "A small token."

Rojeck would find a small piece of smooth gray stone on his hand. Guvronsek once again turned off the lights. Senesus, however, did not violently react this time. It flowed down into Rojeck's hand, where the smooth gray stone lit a grayish-blue. It was not enough to illuminate the whole room, but it brought light around Rojeck.

Guvvie rolled his eye and started to walk away. "Lessons and gift-giving is done. Lecture later. Come, we have much work to do."
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on July 15th, 2010, 4:27 am

Rojeck could feel Senesus trying to do what he instructed. He could also feel the warmth rising in his chest and the big Sarawanki's fear and anger. He heard its response as it began to bubble up and bash around Rojeck's throat and would have gagged him if his body still had that reflex. He knew this was a failure and that he would have to do something soon of Senesus would kill them both.
You had better settle down or you will kill us both.if I die so do you.

He knew he would have to find or make a light.. Senesus was simply not going to be pacified by anything else, the problem was that he possessed no source of light, not even a flint and steel to make fire with, nor did he posses the skills to make light if he had anything.

He heard Guvvie speaking to him,belittling him for his lack of insight into the obvious. he also knew that he had thought of the same thing after first doing what he was told. He wondered if he was ever going to learn anything or if the real learning was in the errors them selves. After Senesus settled he said

I realized that, unfortunately I have no skill at creating light, not even making fire and i did not know how to rekindle these lights, so I had to hope I could calm him. I see now that it will take some time to be able to do that.

He thought to SenesusI'm sorry my friend. I seem to have got you into a bit of a bind. I will find a way to make us comfortable.'

He nodded as Guvvie gave him the stone and watched as he doused the lights again and this time the stone provided the needed light for Senesus and he was calm. He followed Guvvie wondering what odd or dangerous thing was to come next.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on July 18th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Guvronsek led Rojeck and Senesus out of the secret room, guiding them into n exit to another corridor. There were certain precautions that nuits made in order to keep secret lairs secret, and Guvvie had used a little Illusion in order to prevent Rojeck into memorizing the path back into the previous room. The older nuit brought Master and Familiar into a private study. It was, without a doubt, a private sanctuary for a nuit with great skill and power.

Unlike the owner, the room was tidy and well kept. "Maybe you're wondering why I look like I've risen from a grave. Took in too much djed, used too much magic, burned the body too quickly." He wheezed, "It happens, especially if you're doing things that you're not meant to." Behind his drooping eyeball, Rojeck could see the flicker of Guvvie's Sarawanki.

"I'm gonna leave you alone for a while, get to know your familiar well. I hope you make good use of that stone I just gave you, the night is casting its shade over all of us... and I have other matters to attend to."

Guvronsek waved to the whole room. Everything was neat and simple. There was a work table on one side, with a lot of journals and books on Familiary. "I've got a good collection of books that you might find interesting. Senesus' cousin had bargained for this, you know. So consider it a favor that you'll keep the whole room to yourself for a whole day."

The nuit walked around, tapping his staff in cadence with his gait. He was silent for a very long while, patiently examining the other nuit and its familiar.
"Typically I'd keep silent about your task, didn't want to spoil a good surprise, but I thought that you should know." Guvvie stopped moving altogether. "I have a... friend. A dear acquaintance with a... familiar. " He seemed to weigh his words, and then spilled the rest of it, "He has a Darkfacer. They've been together for many years now, but the little guy recently decided that he's the master, not the familiar. Sad story, if I didn't know what got the little guy riled up."

"There's a certain disease here in Sahova. I'm currently studying it, trying to isolate the origin of the outbreak. Think of it this way, somebody's scrambling the brains of the nuits here. I've got a theory, but I've yet to show proof. Anyway, my friend caught the disease, and it's usually pathetic when a wizard loses control of his mind."
He added nonchalantly, "Cutting it short, I need you to kill my friend. I'd rather have him die than see him tortured - you'll see what I mean when you meet him. Unfortunately, I can't end his unlife myself. It would be too obvious, and I don't want to spill my guts yet. Good thing you came!" A chuckle and then, "So train, and train well."

And the other nuit left without letting Rojeck put in a word or two in the one sided conversation.

OOCTake one whole day to train your Familiar. I'm giving you control over Senesus, you can play with him, teach him how to talk properly, I believe you can cover his attitude by now ;) The room you are in has books on Familiary, so you can also do a little bit of research, if you want.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on July 26th, 2010, 3:02 am

Rojeck followed Guvvie through the corridors, he was sure Guvvie was magicking the corridors to keep him from being able to get back here on his own. All Mages tended to keep the location of their private labs a secret,if he ever got one he would do the same, however that was a ways away yet. He kept the stone out so Senesus would have light as they went through the darker corridors. The big Sarawanki kept close to the light and was still quite nervous as they went into the darkness.

The room they entered was a private study of sorts. one obviously held by a wizard of great power.See it's a good thing I kept you from attacking him, he's a Master and we would have been killed. He thought to Senesus as they entered. The room was definitely more neat and tidy than its owner, Rojeck nodded as Guvvie revealed that he had used too much djed doing things he wasn't meant to and he wondered what those experiments had been.

He also nodded as Guvvie explained that he was letting Rojeck use his study for a day as part of Senesus cousin's bargain and he was honored that the Master would allow him the privilege even for a day. Then the nuit turned to him and told him what his mission would be...to kill another Sahovan..possibly another Master. The news of a disease affecting Nuit disturbed him almost as much as having to kill a Master as he might catch this disease. However Guvvie did not give him time to respond before being gone.

Rojeck smiled at SenesusWell my friend, it appears we have been given a great honor, to study from a Master's books and time to get to know each other and train. I know after the way he treated you that you probably don't consider this an honor,but the information here could be valuable.

Senesus flattened himself and spoke Afther he tryth to kill me I am noth thtoo thrilled being int hith thtudy the impediment was back with a vengeance and Rojeck knew they would have to work on it or only communicate by telepathy which would strengthen the bond between them.

I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but we have to work together Senesus. You and I are going to be together forever and that means we have to live well with each other. I hadn't expected your first day In Mizahar to be like this

He could sense the Sarawanki's anger and fear and this time he was thought toOh don't worry I'm going to have a word or two with my cousin about this. He betrayed my trust, I wont let that go unpunished.

Rojeck spoke again Senesus, I don't know what your cousin told you about Mizahar but it is not a safe world and not a pleasant one. You have to make your own safety and pleasantry here. That's MY job to make our lives as pleasant and safe as I can. But you have to keep listening to me, if you attack the wrong person or Familiar for that matter, you will die and get me killed in the process. Like it or not Senesus we are bound together now, our lives are one.

The big Sarawanki recoiled at the mention of dying again and Rojeck thought he had hit on one of Senesus fears that could be used to help him understand that he had to wait to attack..he couldn't be a warmonger here, not without the might to back it up. If you expect me to teach you water magic then you will learn to control you temper. I won't teach any student anything dangerous like that if they are going to go off half cocked. I also wont get you the lessons if you don't learn. There will be a time for attack and I will let you know when that time is and then you can attack with all your ability

Senesus seemed to be trying to calm himself and he spoke I think I underthand Rotheck. But ith going thoo be hard for me. I muth prothect you and mythelf, thath MY job.

Rojeck sighed as this was going to be a looong journey and he would have to prove to Senesus that he had to trust him and hold his attacks especially if this Master was hostile..and his Familiar trying to kill him was not going to be easy and having Senesus go all warfreak on him was not going to help matters.

Let's begin with looking at some of the books that Guvronsek left. Maybe there is some hints there as to how to work together.

He went through the elder Nuits library hoping for some ideas on Familary and how to handle these situations.

OOCPlanning on doing several threads will leave one of these when Im done with the day
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on July 27th, 2010, 6:01 am

Rojeck Harl

• Familiary 4
  • Interrogation 3
  • Negotiation 2
  • Persuasion 2
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Summoning 3
  • Lore of Avavali
  • Lore of Sarawanki
  • Lore of Fyrden
  • Lore of Fyrden's Coordinates
  • Lore of having a Sarawanki Familiar
  • Lore of Sahova (partial)
  • Lore of Summoning a Familiar
  • Lore of Master Roghon
  • Lore of Master Guvronsek

Additional Notes: Senesus acquired. Unknown stone acquired. 20 GM lost. Work on your training threads, and pm me when you want the thread with Guvvie continued. It was great playing with you! :D
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Previous