Closed Eleret's Fortune

Lucas tells Eleret her fortune.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Eleret's Fortune

Postby Lucas Arias on June 30th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Summer 48, 513 AV

Lucas‘ room was an average room at Atri’s place, and it was quite easy to find because he had put a piece of paper in front of the door that said „FORTUNE TELLING HERE“ (in capitals of course). The boy was just sitting at the table, organizing the things he had brought to Riverfall with him when he heard a knock on the door. Another one? Who would have thought that he would be so popular?

„I’m coming!“ he called out, walked over to the door and opened it. As he saw who stood on the other side of the door, his eyes widened. It was a Konti! While she was - obviously -not an Eypharian (he had a bit of an Eypharian obsession), she was still very pretty.

And even more importantly, she was shorter than him! When he had still been a squire in Syliras, he had always been the shortest boy. He had even been shorter than some of the girls!

He smiled all over his face. „Come in, and sit down! You can have my chair! I’ve never told a Konti her fortune before. Aren’t your kind normally seers? Why can’t you see your own future? I hope you don’t mind the question. I’m just incredibly curious!“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Eleret's Fortune

Postby Eleret on June 30th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Eleret stepped into the tiny room at the boy's invitation. It smelled of gardenias to her gift, with a slight tang of licorice, gradually dissipating. An eagerness, and momentary surprise, which was only corroborated by his words. She smiled back at Lucas, pleasant and amiable, evidently not bothered in the least by his questions.

"Thank you," she said in accented Common, accepting the proffered chair. The Konti paused for a moment before replying further, setting her thoughts -- and language -- into order. "It is not that I cannot see," she remarked, fingertips brushing against a pouch which hung from her belt. "But two will see differently, and tell differently.

"And it is... I admit, that I also have curiosity," Eleret continued, a quick grin flashing across her features. "I do not see so many humans tell fortunes, at all. So it is an opportunity for me also." Another thought occurred to her, and she tipped her head, eyebrows lifting slightly in query. "Maybe a trade, do you think? You will tell mine, and I will tell yours?"
Eleret
Player

Words: 179278
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 12:33 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Eleret's Fortune

Postby Lucas Arias on July 13th, 2013, 8:04 pm

„That’s true“, Lucas remarked and nodded as the Konti said that two would see differently. „And I suppose it’s a bit unusual for a human – and a human of my age at that – to tell people their fortune. My teacher wasn’t human either, at least I don’t think so. He always kept his face hidden. I always thought he was a strange and unnatural creature, like a male Konti or a Nuit or something like that.“ He grinned a little as he said that. Of course he had been told that male Konti didn’t exist, but the world would be a boring place if you weren’t allowed to believe in the impossible and occasionally say something really crazy.

„Anyway, I would love a trade. You’ll tell me my fortune, and I’ll tell you yours. You need to pick a fortune telling method though. I can …“ He furrowed his brow, thinking about it. „… ask the bone oracle. That was my teacher’s preferred method. I also have a crystal ball and some cards somewhere, and I could also try to read your palm, although I personally don’t believe that reading palms is a very reliable method.“

He stopped again, considering. „How about you start though? I’ve never had my fortune told by a real Konti. I’m incredibly curious. And do you mind if I ask you a few questions about your race when we are done?“ It had occured to him that he could ask her about that strange Abase guy he had seen at the gathering who looked like a green male Konti. Maybe the Konti had men, but just denied their existence for some reason!
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Eleret's Fortune

Postby Eleret on July 25th, 2013, 10:51 pm

The boy spoke of his teacher being a male Konti, or something, to which Eleret couldn't help but look faintly disbelieving... though she didn't challenge the remark. Or something covered a lot of other possibilities, and she took the boy's grin to mean he wasn't too firmly attached to the idea anyway. No matter.

A trade it would be, between the two fortune-tellers... Eleret's brow creased as he asked which method, her head tilting slightly with curiosity and puzzlement. "Why would I choose?" she asked. "I am to be told. You are the teller. You should use what it is you know best, or what is best to the question. Your way, what speak clear to you." She reached to unfasten her belt pouch, spilling three wooden discs from it into her other hand. They were carved of silvery, weathered wood, one side an etched and inked symbol on unstained background, the other with pale symbol on black. "These I made before I left from home. The best I could make them. They are what I always use... they know me and I know them. Tells better that way."

He went on to express an interest in her race, and the Konti smiled at that, dipping her head in a brief nod. "It is fine. I do not mind questions." It seemed like nearly everyone she met started out with them; one more wasn't a surprise. She slipped the discs back into the pouch, then nodded firmly towards Lucas. "There is a question you want to ask, or do you want a... more general telling?"
Eleret
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Eleret's Fortune

Postby Eleret on September 22nd, 2013, 9:54 am

A general fortune decided upon, Eleret didn't go immediately for the discs, but drew in a breath and bowed her head, both hands cradling the pouch in her lap. Mother, I ask your blessing this eve; may these tiles reflect Lucas' fortune, clear and true, and may my insight be sufficient to their meaning. Only when that ritual blessing was asked did she open her eyes and continue.

"I will draw three," the Konti said, talking her way through the fortune on the presumption that Lucas would want to know the how and why of it. "Three is good for most things. You can use three for past, present, future; it is also a good number for questions because symbols can have many meanings, but three usually work together to clarify much. Too many more, and much skill is needed to read correctly. Too few and it is harder to tell the meaning."

Reaching into the bag, Eleret removed a single disc; she set it on the edge of the table beside her, careful to preserve its orientation. It was carved with a stylized flame, symbol pale against a black background. "Fire," she commented for his benefit, summarizing the symbol's possible interpretations, "but backward, it is coolness, step back. Or the hungry fire, that burns more than warms." Her hand dove into the pouch again, drawing out a second symbol -- an unfurled scroll, black lines in unstained wood. "Scroll, forward It is talking, sharing words, having message." She followed with the third and last, blade shape outlined in black, holding it up for the boy to see. "Knife, but forward it is not for knife. It is connection not cut, working together. Strong connections. Can also be loyalness or honor," she concluded, setting it beside the others.

Which left the question of what the three meant all together. Eleret sat back in the chair and studied them, her expression pensive as she overlaid different interpretations of the tiles in the silence of her thoughts, seeking the one which fit best. After some thought, she ventured, "If this is before, change, and after," she said, touching a finger against each tile in turn, "then I read it to say, you are now separate from something, but sharing talk will bring strong partnership." The Konti paused, and revisited the second tile. "May also be someone sends a message."

Which, as she thought about it, sounded very much like what had brought the both of them here. After a moment more, she pointed that out too. "I would say this is a telling of the future, but it also sounds very like what Mister Syka has done. It could be you will develop partnership because you answered Syka, or maybe the scroll, the talking or message, is not yet happened." Eleret offered Lucas a wry, slightly apologetic smile as she scooped the tiles up and returned them to their pouch. "Now I am really done. I would like to see you tell mine."

oocSymbols and orientation chosen by random number from the list in Eleret's plotnotes.
Eleret
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Eleret's Fortune

Postby Magpie on October 3rd, 2013, 1:43 am

e
Eleret :
XP:
Negotiation +1
Fortune Telling +3
Socialization +2
Observation +1

Lores:
Lucas: Almost Unbelievable
Fortune Tellers Should Choose Their Own Methods

Lucas :
If you decide to return to Mizahar, just let me know and I'll add your grade here.

Notes :
Another cute little thread, too bad it didn't go anywhere.

Eleret - Though experience it typically awarded one point per post, I felt that last post was full enough to get a couple extra for fortune telling :)

If you have any questions or concerns about what was awarded, please don't hesitate to PM me.
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)