Completed (Nettle District) Ugh...You Again? (Ana)

Orion and Ana on a collision course..surprise surprise

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

(Nettle District) Ugh...You Again? (Ana)

Postby Orion Michaels on September 3rd, 2013, 8:25 pm

That was unexpected.

Not disliked, no.

But completely unexpected. 

Even worse, however, was how fake it was. It wasn't her inexperience with such a maneuver that led him to this conclusion, though none could blame him if it were. She had an uncertainty about the slap, about the meeting of her hand to his derriere. It wasn't something she was comfortable doing, he was sure of it. Her fingers seemed to disagree with the action, and his rear was quite aware of this. As a man who was an expert of the flesh, that was all too obvious. She didn't know what she was doing.

But again, there was something more than her sudden desire to feel him up.

She was up to something. It was such a drastic change in personality, in how she'd been dealing with him to this point. She'd talked down to him, put down his ways, spoke to him as though he were a nuisance to whatever she wanted to do. She froze at his lewd words, blushed at his graphic suggestions, and suddenly, out of the blue, she wanted to make herself out to be some saucy minx? This woman was trying to play the wrong man. 

"If you're going . . . to make such . . . an advance," he replied, cooly,"you should . . .at least . . .  take me out for . . . a bite to eat." With each step came horrible burning pain. He wasn't fit enough. And now he was distracted. He wanted to play her, toy with her. She thought herself so clever, but she'd tried to play games with the worst person she could have picked. So many squires might be wet behind the ears, unaware of how things worked outside their narrow minded lives behind these walls. Not Orion Michaels. Not even a little bit.

"Traveler's Row . . . I'll make sure . . . to look . . . you up." His legs had had about enough. Just a hundred feet more and he'd be there. He took a deep breath, readjusted his grip, and continued on, slow step after slow step. Bend the knees a little bit more. Try not to arch his back. "Miss Starris . . . you normally . . . pick up men . . . while they are working? The strong . . . man . . . your type?" He glanced over his shoulder at the young woman. She was studying him. Was she curious about him? Something he had? Something he was doing? Normally when he was this overtly disgusting it would get someone to leave him alone. It was usually such an effective technique, but this Starris just wouldn't let him go. Odd . . .
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on September 5th, 2013, 3:32 am

"Sure, sure, a bite to eat" she said nonchalontly without completing her sentence outloud, with your money I could and perhaps you would be none the wiser. Follow after she did, her cane ready to flash an inch of steel to cut the strings of his coin purse, she couldn't help but feel something was out of place. Whenever Jakobi had given her own rump a pert slap, she spazzed and jumped, this man had not but maybe that could have been because of the barrel he was carrying. Too distracted by it. Not like she could argue with the good luck that might bring with a bit of good timing. Or she was just an incompetent girl trying to play something she was not.

Ana kept watching him, feeling a sick chill climb and clamber into her body, but she had given her pseudo last name and her location of temporary residence to him, there wasn't any going back now. The moment would present itself, and so it did, when he bent his knees, her free hand went to the purse while her other pushed the sheathe of her canesword down by an inch, holding onto it with the same thumb. Carefully she lifted the purse as he lowered, and brought the small bit of steel presented to its strings and pressed into them. Pressing the tip of the cane into the ground once the deed itself was done to hide the steel, flipping the latch shut.

"My type?" She asked, only half listening to his words as she went to swing her cane in a flashy movement back in front of her, the purse itself being moved to her own pockets "uhm, well, gee, listen to the time.. I have to go, like, right now- I think I hear my sister calling me." Ana started to disengage the man, this Orion, and began walking away as calmly as she could. Thoughts of doubt spiked her mind.

Great, great, great way to leave a guy off like that, my sister? Calling me? Gods, what a farse of a lie.

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on September 12th, 2013, 1:35 am

So that's your game, huh?

Orion knew she was a troublemaker, but this was too much. He was in the midst of rather strenuous work, and it seemed that the girl decided now was the time to try and lift his purse. He was a squire, trying to train and give everything he could to this city. Give them protection, especially from people like the woman who was looking to make a dishonest coin. That wasn't going to do. She gave him some bullshyke line about suddenly having to go.

CRASH!!

The sound of the heavy barrel slamming against the stone floor echoed throughout the corridor as a suddenly furious Orion turned on his heels, this 'Starris' attempting to make her retreat. Who the petch did she think she was? "It seems like I'm going to have to teach you a little bit about how things work here in Syliras." Orion reached out and grabbed the young woman by her arm, pulling her towards him. Once he had her right next to him, he exploded forward with a shove, slamming her against the wall, pinning her there.

"I've done you no wrong, and yet you think that you should take from me, you little bitch? Stealing from someone with ties to the knights? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Orion brought his face down to hers, a breath separating his from hers. The squire wouldn't miss a handful of gold that sat in that coin, and if she'd asked him for it, he probably would have given it to her. But when people stole from him? There were few things that set him off quite like that. In Orion's mind he'd lost plenty in this life. No one had the right to take from him now.

He'd teach her a lesson and drag her to The Tank. That was it. Raising his hand high above him, he balled his fist, ready to strike.

"You messed with the wrong person ... you ... stupid ..." Orion's brow furrowed as he spoke. As he stood there, pinning the girl with one arm, his other up to strike, a memory stirred. He'd been here before. They'd been here before. He'd met this troublemaker a long time ago. He'd tried to do horrible things to her. Each sickening moment came screaming back to his consciousness. Each horrid strike. Each unwanted kiss. Each wicked rip of the clothing. The monster he'd left in Sunberth was back in the form of a thief. The worst thing he'd done was standing before him, his coin purse in her possession.

"No," he muttered, tightening his grasp on her shirt. "No. No. NO NO NO!" Orion pulled Starris from the wall and gave her a shove down the alleyway. The coins that were so important only moments before were the least of his concern at the time. He felt sick. Did she remember him? Was this why she was here? Trying to torment him for his past sins? Did she want to ruin everything he'd tried to become?

"Get the petch out of here! GO!" He turned away from her, storming over to the barrel. He'd just ignore her, that was it. Wrapping his arms around the container, he again lifted, his legs nearly buckling as he did so. The weight on his body was immense, but not so much as that now on his soul.

"How can this be happening..?"

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on September 12th, 2013, 3:40 am

A twisting sensation latched onto her gut and uncomfortably twirled her intestines into knots at the sound of a barrel crashing on the floor, just keep walking casually, the thief told herself, and you might slip away- just don't look back. Ana didn't, couldn't, not at first but she was forced to in a single instant when he grabbed her arm. Her eyes snapped to look at his direction, to his face, her own filled with both anger and fear at his sudden yank of her person. Pretending she hadn't heard his earlier words (and she couldn't recall them at that moment either, being too busy trying to appear like nothing was wrong at all.)
"Wh-what?" Ana asked, nerves slowly building up in her voice along with a deep saturated fear "let me go, I have to-"

Orion didn't buy it, the jig for Ana was up, he shoved her into the nearest wall. The grip on her cane loosened, but did not let go.

When she made impact with hard stone there was an audible gasp of pain that escaped from her, lost in the waves of the crowd, and Orion's anger, honeyed eyes watered as white hot tendrils crawled and grew in the back of her shoulders. What had she been thinking? Revenge, but now her mind stood at a stand still, unable to process what to do, what to say, all she could do was struggle lightly against his hold, trying to slip from his grasp, eyes flicking towards an unnatainable escape route and then back up to him. He would have none of it, the more she struggled, the harsher his grip became, and the less confidence she had that she was going to escape.

She wouldn't try to reason with him.

His words fell on deaf ears, she knew what was going to come, she knew the risks and she had to accept the consequences for her actions. One last time she glanced up to his face, her eyes looked to his for a split moment before snapping them to the fist he was raising. Cringing. It was only a fist, a prepared punch to wherever he decided to strike, she had been through worse than that. The branding on both her neck and chest were proof, but that didn't mean she could remained unswerved by pain afterwards, she was not a gods petched stone statue of control. Her body prepared for the inviteable, the strike, the sting, the agony to be felt after...

If not for his words, it might have only been a physical pain.

Orion hadn't needed to finish his sentence outloud, but the word that echoed, and etched itself in her mind hit worse than what any punch could have.

Whore.

You stupid whore.

It was his voice, albeit more drunken and slurred, harsh, but that didn't sound right. His voice was familliar, the position they were in, familliar, but how could that be? Ana didn't know him, she had only met him a few days ago. No, none of it felt right, not at all, her body seemed to freeze at this realization, paralyzed with fear bar the muscles that worked to turn her head up to his eyes. Expecting pain, expecting retribution, her mind regressed to simpler times, warnings screaming she had to get out of there right now but she knew escape was impossible. A squeezing sensation wrapped itself around her shoulders, curled around her neck.

It was difficult to breath.

Ana didn't know him, she couldn't remember, she refused to make a connection that she possibly knew him before now.

However, he seemed to make that connection, his repetitive use of the word 'no' indicated that, but he didn't know her, and she to him, it didn't make sense. None of it made sense. Why was he so gods petching familliar now?

Heavy weights of dread shackled her feet, he shoved her once more but this time away from him, letting her go, stumbling forwards she attempted to keep her balance steady but her nerves saw to it that she took to a knee. She tried to look back at him, confusion setting in right next to its friend disbelief, but she hadn't a moment to think, to question, he only shouted at her to get out of there. It was difficult to move, but Ana didn't need any more encouragement than that to get up and shoot down the alleyway. Moving past people, her feet taking her somewheres, anywheres, as long as it felt safe, as long as it was small, dark, as long as it was away from him. Though she wouldn't return to the Traveller's Row for bells afterwards..

Too frightened about what may await her.

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Radiant on October 9th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Orion :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Bodybuilding +2 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Seduction +1 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Running +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Squires = Manual Laborer
Ana: We Meet Again
Being An Opportunist Seducer
Starris: Little Troublemaker
Memories Of Past Sins

Loots
-18 GM

Ana :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Planning +1 XP
Lacerny +2 XP
Subterfuge +2 XP
Running +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bumping Into Orion... Literally
Orion's Little Troublemaker
Touching Orion's Hiney
Memories Of Past Nightmares

Loots
+18 GM

Notes :
:D Great thread guys! I love they dynamics between you two. Oooh, Orion, you were a bad man, weren't you? :P Poor Ana... :(

I take it that Ori forgot about his coin purse and it was still in Ana's possession so some of his wealth will go to her. :D

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous