[Scrapbook] Phyolea's Random Stuff

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Phyolea on October 21st, 2013, 9:39 am

Welcome! This scrapbook is just as the title says... random. Beware.

Future topics may include culture and thoughts about lore. Or it might be random meme pictures. Or it might be OOC rambling. Or it might even be all the things! Why not.

Original Newbie Post :
I'm having a difficult time sussing out the difference between the scrapbook and the plotnotes, but I decided to just use them literally. All of my random story stuff and my NaNo preparations will go here. The plotnotes will hold more formal plot endeavors, such as a timeline of events in my character's life.

To do list:

Seasonal challenges
Finish fight
Clean up and post plotnotes
Pray to Laviku. A lot. Praying to Makutsi is a good idea too.
Hold off on flashback threads. Focus on university.
Contributions (mental note)
Find an in-game job to afford college. Write job threads
Become "fluent" in Common
Research dreamwalking
Build up the following skills:
  • Morphing
  • Philtering
  • Persuasion
  • Rhetoric
  • Stealth
  • Medicine
  • Herbalism
  • Food preservation
  • Storytelling
  • Escape Artist
  • Philosophy

Last edited by Phyolea on December 17th, 2014, 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on October 22nd, 2013, 2:09 pm

I think that list there is more of the plotnotes stuff, but here's the almighty Gossamer to the rescue!

Gossamer wrote:What are scrapbooks? The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things such as quotes, images, etc to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly. Scrapbooks can be serious or silly - customized to your own personality. Players make their own rules in their own personal scrapbook threads. Simply lay down the rules in your first post! All scrapbooks need to follow the terms of use, but otherwise feel free to utilize this Writer's Workshop subforum however you'd like.

Just a few tips here and there...

If you're looking into dreamwalking, then you might want to look up Kavala - she's a PC in Riverfall, and currently rebuilding the Cytali, the Dreamwalkers of Nysel.

Oh, and just because I'm curious and interested in the subject, what areas of philosophy are you planning to go into?

And finally, Welcome to Mizahar! Have fun, and do stay!

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Re: [Scrapbook] Phyolea's Random Stuff

Postby Phyolea on October 22nd, 2013, 7:36 pm

Crypt wrote:I think that list there is more of the plotnotes stuff, but here's the almighty Gossamer to the rescue!

Gossamer wrote:What are scrapbooks? The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things such as quotes, images, etc to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly. Scrapbooks can be serious or silly - customized to your own personality. Players make their own rules in their own personal scrapbook threads. Simply lay down the rules in your first post! All scrapbooks need to follow the terms of use, but otherwise feel free to utilize this Writer's Workshop subforum however you'd like.

Just a few tips here and there...

If you're looking into dreamwalking, then you might want to look up Kavala - she's a PC in Riverfall, and currently rebuilding the Cytali, the Dreamwalkers of Nysel.

Oh, and just because I'm curious and interested in the subject, what areas of philosophy are you planning to go into?

And finally, Welcome to Mizahar! Have fun, and do stay!

Thank you! My to-do list was originally posted to my plotnotes, but the note you've referenced says this is where brainstorming takes place. I planned to do the brainstorming here and put the timeline, results, and quirks for my character in the plotnotes. Is that not allowed?

My character is a pacifist who loves learning. She'll probably study behavior. Zeltiva's a pretty liberal university, so even I am not yet sure what her philosophical endeavors will turn up.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phyolea on December 17th, 2014, 10:17 am

Phyolea 2.0

So my character concept has shifted a bit. Phyolea's now in a different city with a different state of mind, possibly starting a different career. The college thing didn't work out for her. The primary difference is her avatar:

Phyolea the First

This avatar was made by the ever awesome Gale Austin McCenry. I have only recently changed it... begrudgingly. I want to return to it when Phyolea can smile once more.

Phyolea 2.0

This avatar was made by a woman near and dear to me named Ghilie. She was inspired by the first image and randomly drew this. I love this as well, though I should probably do something to the white background. I already colored the sclera.

I've also made some vocals to a job thread I did once. I call it Pride of Laviku. I also noticed that the YouTube channel I created to upload songs in the future comes with a page and the capability to have its own email. So Phyolea now has her own Google+ Page in conjunction with her empty YouTube channel. I'm not sure how often I will utilize these though. One of the possible vlogs I want to do is to upload a speculative video of how it would be to speak Pavi. Or I might just stick to mediocre songs.

Last but not least, I have amused myself by watching this video with the closed captioning on. Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for any loss of brain cells that result from viewing this video. Proceed with caution.

P.S. I love Sayana's maps. They help me a great deal in understanding Mizahar.

Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phyolea on December 22nd, 2014, 7:36 am

So I made a video. I'm posting it here instead of the vlog forum because this video thing isn't really going to be a habit.

To summarize, if you have questions feel free to ask.

Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phyolea on December 23rd, 2014, 7:01 am

So, some of you have surprised me and actually viewed my vlog. Amazing. So far, there have been four questions submitted to me. Only one has a video response. The rest are in writing. I discovered that I can not do this vlog here. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Question 1: Why Charoda?
Answer 1 :

Question 2: Did you conceptualize your character before you decided a race and if so did you decide that race because it fit your character or because it could further your character?
Answer 2 :
No, I did not. It would've been hard to create the character beforehand since it would have required a knowledge of the race I selected (Charoda). I shaped my concept around the characteristics of the race itself. Charodae are supposed to basically be pacifistic vegetarians, so my character is no exception.

Question 3: Is Phyolea modeled after anyone you know (characters and yourself incuded)?
Answer 3 :
Not really. She is a conglomeration of characteristics I see in different people I know. She is young and idealistic. Her curiosity can get her into trouble. Her honestly is a double-edged sword, which is actually a trait her and I share. We are also both vegetarians. I am also acquainted with being mistaken as male even though I am not male. I have also faced bias based on my appearance. Phyolea handles it differently than I do, however. I am not nearly as idealistic.

Question 4: And, finally, explain the reasons for your IC psychology. Why Phyolea is what she is.
Answer 4 :
I wanted a challenge. I was tired of finding gloomy broken people. These characters are also simpler for me to play. I wanted a character with inner strength unseen. She can't fight, but she will stand up for what she believes. She tries to understand a scenario from all angles and is not always quick to judgement (though she's still young... this is not an exact science). She has characteristics I see in Joss Whedon's depiction of Captain America, only she is not a superhero. She is also like the hard working honest patriots I've seen who help others as a way of life. However, even she is becoming jaded in Mizahar. The events she has seen in Mizahar has left her seeking answers. She is now on the isle of death... Black Rock. She will likely grow up there.

Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes